Register now to get rid of these ads!

prices are going up fast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slazzen, Aug 19, 2005.

1. roland cad 500

roland cad 500

Didnt manage to get a discount then?

Bugger, i know its the start of things to come but why car stuff first? why not some other hobby.

Thanks life i suppose.

Cheers Roland

PS hope the garantee is worth more for your money

2. Just the start, I think. Everything will get pushed up a notch or two.. some of my friends that own tow trucks are considering parking them....its basically not cost effective anymore for them.

3. Skimmer

Skimmer

How much is gas at the moment as im planning on coming over in november and doing a few miles,it must still be a lot cheaper than here in the U.K its approx $9 a gallon here

4. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I paid $2.50 a gallon today and thought it was quite a deal...

5. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Therein lies the problem to this whole mess. John Q Consumer has the mentallity that 2 dollars and fifty fuckin cents a gallon for gas is a deal. :eek:

6. I paid $2.68 for the cheap gas here in the Detroit area.

7. rowdy

rowdy

$2.50 a gallon is a deal, look at the rest of the world and what they pay. nothing chaps my ass like some guy complaining about the price of gas, yet buying a frappucino that is $1.59 for 8 oz. thats about 50 dollars a gallon or a bottled water that shits about 12 dollars a gallon. man you have to pay what you have to pay, dont like it drive less. i drive about 100 miles a day, yeah it sucks to pay that much but wtf it was that bad i would stay home.

8. BuickinaBucket

BuickinaBucket
    from Newark, DE

Do you know anyone that drinks 25 gallons of frappuccino at once?

As far as the prices in the rest of the world... I feel bad for them. However, it aint right that gas has gone up like 70% in a year. That's bull. They're just screwing us.

9. hellride101

hellride101
    from valley

what are you,...george bush's mouth piece? I don't drink faggucinos, too expensive. but I sure wish I could drive more for less. hope I didn't "chap" your ass :mad: :mad:

10. Vorhese

Vorhese

My bicycle and motorcycle is gettin used a lot more. I'm glad I live close to work.

11. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

I'm not in the rest of the world, I'm right here in the USA! Your just wolfing down the bullshit their feeding you with trying to rationalize that buying gas at 2.50 a gallon is cheap cuz if it were coffee and milk and water and shampoo etc etc then it would be hundreds of dollars more...BLAH BLAH BLAH....

I've got some old rusty car parts that they don't make no mo I'll sell ya fer $1000. Did ya here me they don't make em no mo.

If you let a gorilla fuck you in the ass he'll just keep doing it!

12. lownrusty

lownrusty

thats a bit much for a fuel surcharge, we get trucks full load out of ogden utah to the bay area with a 86$ surcharge for 48000#

13. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

yeah , i own a tow truck company, and deisel just shot to 2.79 and jon q public is mad cuz we raised our prices, well i dont know what to tell ya!
    it sucks but, tuff through it. remember we all came from muuuuuch cheaper gas prices back in the days, and it never stopped us from rodding, this wont either

14. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

How much for the motor? Is this the classifieds?

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

IT IS NOT bullshit boys.
    Do you think gas is forever ?
    IT AIN't.
    We have been fat dumb and sassy for a long fukkin time and our wants are quickly changing to needs and we ain't liking it.

It IS NOT a republican or democrat thing.
    IT IS a supply and demand thing.
    99.5% capacity for refineries. FACT !
    I follow this very closely.
    We do not have room for error.
    USA uses 45% of the worlds daily useage.
    Well ,we have competition now with CHINA AND INDIA.
    Just like any commodity. You want it you pay for it.
    We also CAN NOT refine enough gas if JOHN Q. FUKKIN public keeps buying 12 mile/gallon F-150's and Escalades and Bullshit like that.

Changing times boys - get use to it.

Look around ya and count the excess bullshit vehicle people drive.
    totally impractical and pure greed.
    Not that greed is bad but when everyone is greedy - everyone pays !

Just keep enough gas for the hot rod or custom.
    That - boys will be your lifes reward and not much else.

Cob

16. not to be a chicken little, but i am looking for a drastic drop of the old car market and ebay , shipping on everything will sky rocket faster than ever b4 , so old car projects + parts prices and sales will fall off to a trickle and ALL goods in general will be much higher to purchase including FOOD, I work in the service station industry and we are being told to be prepared for even higher gas prices, :mad: , we (the US and the rest of the world ) have been slackers,We all knew full well that the time for an alternative fuel/energy was coming FAST,well.... here it is- :rolleyes: , one thing for sure IF there is the reserve we have all been thinking there is , it will go to GOV /Military and manufacturing/transportation of goods FIRST, and we will pay a premium for what is left for our use., can you say rationing ??? JMO

17. No matter what ANYBODY tells you, we are experiencing inflation.

Who remembers 1974?

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

you know youd think if they can make a car run off a cow fart, shit off a cloned cows fart! then they could figure out how to make oil. it cant be that fuckin hard

19. BOY Do I ! ,I had just got back from over seas , what a SHOCK! We were told of fights n riots and gas lines here, when I was still in the military, WHAT!!!!:eek: ,I left @ .45 a gal PREMIUM and came back to.. what was it $1.25 no lead ? (sort of ,they called it low lead)

(I think we are on the wronng forum for this)

20. no problem , It DOES have a direct bearing shipping quotes ,right ? :rolleyes:

21. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

They can. The Germans and Japanese in WWII made oil for their war effort after the denial of fuel supplies by the Allies.

But the problem with man-made oil is it is just not cost-efficient to manufacture. The price outweighs the demand, pretty much.

Yes, I am a fountain of useless information. :D

Tucker

22. a little humor in a bad situation

Attached Files:

23. Shag

Shag

Corn Cob you my friend are sadly misinformed. It is not a supply and demand thing. It IS a purely screw over the market thing! While you are correct that the oil will not last forever there is way more in the ground than you think. There are oil fields out there that haven't even been tapped yet. The market is completely manipulated and there is little to no competition. You are right about refinery production but when you don't build them you can't produce more. No NEW refinerys have been built in quite a while.

More demand usually brings more players into the market, for instance look at billet street rod parts. When they first came out they were exclusive and expensive, later as demand grew many more manufacturers and dealers joined in and prices fell. This happens in virtually all markets. Not Energy and lets not lie to ourselves gasoline and the oil market is energy. You CANNOT live without these products. Even if you so desired to live life in the backwoods it would be almost impossible to live a completely oil free life. You sure as hell wouldn't be able to go on the internet and say ridulous things like coffee, water, sugar prices blah blah blah. There is NO competition in oil. All the oil companies are owned by like 5 major corparations and they have a death grip. The largest of these companies are not even USA based. They control oil production, shipping, refining, and distrabution. For every report as to why prices are going up the lie is exposed at the end of the quarter when their profits are shown to have risen. Not just risen but reached record new highs. That means they are lying to you when they say that it is production costs that fuel the rise, or anticpated oil shortages. Non of these scenarios are ever proved out. The one and only constant is rising profits.

While I do not begrudge a company making a profit you really have to examine what it is the company sells. How important their product is to you and your community. How does their product impact the economy? The assinine comparisons to bottled watter or Starbucks coffee is so ludicrious that it makes one laugh. When was the last time you HAD to fill up your belly with 30 gallons of Starbucks so you could get to work? When did you ever have to consume 30 gallons of water just to put food on your table? What combination of either of those products, or the many others used in these stupid comparisons did you HAVE to buy to take your ailing mother to her numerous doctors appoinments and then dump into the ambulance that took her to the hospital? When was the last time you saw a Fire Truck or Police cruiser filling up at the local Cappachino place just so they could make it to your emergency and save your famlies ass? THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!! But you will see all of these vehicles at a gas station whose owners buy their products from one of 5 companies.

YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE!! YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!!

The government will NOT help you. Many of the key players in the government make their fortunes from the oil industry. As long as gasoline and other oil products are treated as a consumable commodity and not as an energy resource this will not change. It has been said that the times are changing. You are right the times are changing and oil products should no longer be allowed on the free market as a consumable commodity but should be regulated as an energy resource with oversite much the same as the rest of the Utilities are. Society cannot live, make progress, or move into the future without oil products. These are no longer a luxury. Plastic is everywhere and it comes from oil. Transportation is based on oil.

As for being greedy AMERICANS driving large gas guzzling cars. Blame the oil industry and your government for inducing and allowing the automobile industry to build, market, and sell a majority of SUV's. As an AMERICAN I have a right and a choice to drive, buy, and keep as many cars as I feel I can afford. This does not change the fact that the prices we have to pay for oil products are out of line and obscene. Remember the majority of us have to have at least one car and HAVE to use it EACH and EVERY day! There are no choices involved in that and you also have no choice in where you get your gas for your neccesary car from.

Wake up and see what is going on and then try to do something about it! Make the effort not just whine and then roll over, take it in the ass, and ask for more of the same tomorrow.

I'm done. Go back to buying selling and trading hotrod parts!

24. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

This is very real. Same holds true for all fossil fuels. I was working for MidAmerican Energy, on the construction of a new coal fired supercritical STG power plant. Now I build Wind Energy Plants for Valmont Industries. I believe in the laws of supply and demand enough to change my career over it...

Edited to say that supply and demand is not the only reason for high prices, but it is an issue that will become VERY real in our lifetime. Wait till pollution gets completely out of control, then you'll really see some costs...

25. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Abso damn lutely. Sorry boys, but it's killing us.

26. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shag for president. Check out the email I sent your, silly fucker. You'll lose your head over it...

BenD, just got done paying my moving bill, twice what I paid two years ago.

27. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

28. igorw

igorw

Right ! Basically not supply and demand. The oil companies are sitting on almost a trillion $ in cash and are they investing any more in exploration and drilling ? NO. The North American oil rig count is actually FALLING according to the latest info that came out today. Only one thing is going to push the cost of oil down much and that's for the bottom to fall out of consumption through 1. Wise use or 2. a recession (more likely).

29. Burny

Burny

Shag,

Your spot on! And these oil companies might sense that regulations are near. That's why the prices are so high, because they can charge whatever the fuck they want. Look at the profits for major oil companies over the past year or two. Your looking at record profits over the last couple of years. That's the part that chaps my ass! The oil companies and politicians are making money off the common Americans like you and me. Nothing could be more Un-Patriotic, in my opinion...