Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ayala-Barris Jack Stewart 1941 Ford RESTORATION has started.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Keith English

Keith English

this is great...cant wait to see the restoration complete

2. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

Palle, another carb you might look at is the Rochester AA backdraft used on 1949-1950 Olds. One on Ebay right now item number 120975663847. lookin great by the way!!!

3. Send me a PM, I have been hoarding them for years.
    53-55 Stude V8
    [​IMG]

4. Rikster

Rikster

Today was an really exciting day for the team working on the restoration of the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford. Ever since the body came back onto the restored frame Palle Johansen, the car's current caretaker and his team of fine craftsman looked forward to take off the paint to see the metal underneath.

In the last couple of weeks parts of the paint have been removed from sections that needed some repair work. The doors, fade away sections and especially the front of the car all needed work done, some areas more than others. Especially the drivers side of the body was in need on a lot of fine tuning around the door and front fender.

But today all those area's had been mostly fixed so it was time to sand of the remaining paint on the car.
    And now... its mostly in bare metal. There is only some paint left on the door jambs and on the top of the roof... but tomorrow everything will be bare naked.
    And WOW... what a sight this is. Ayala/Barris body work performed in the late 1940's early 1950's sees the daylight once again. Hats off to Palle, Bill, Peter and several others who have gotten this project this far.

This great photo was taken by Palle Johansen.... just experimenting.
    Once the whole body is bare metal the skirts, bumpers and hubcaps will go on and some really great photos will be taken... I cannot wait!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    prefect20 likes this.
  5. that is very cool!

6. Fu## Yes !!!!! What a great picture of a great piece of history.

7. BCR

BCR

You might try this photo on the Hamb calender thread! Wow!

8. titus

titus

Awsome photo

9. For sure!

10. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

There's just something so unbelievably cool about seeing the leadwork laid down by the masters so long ago. I had a photo of the lead that was laid on by Westergard to the Caddy that is now in the McCormick collection - I could zone out on it for hours just thinking of him working on it.

11. Thanks so much for posting the picture Rik. One could study it for hours.

12. csclassics

csclassics

it looks great!!! i love seeing the original work that was done to it!

13. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

That looks great!! There was suppose to be damage from an encounter with a train, any more info on that??

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  14. koolkemp

koolkemp

I had a good drool over this on facebook earlier...she looks great in the nude!!

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

My new screen saver...just fabulous.

16. wow !!! thanks for sharing Rik... nice work Palle

17. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

18. Palle.....this photo is just perfect in my opinion.It's great to see a TRJ quality picture that could easily be a centerfold but instead you took the picture and it is one of the best I have ever seen with a historical custom in it.I guess what im trying to say is.........if you didn't take this picture then we probably would have never seen this car in this condition.I don't see their magazine showing enough interest in an old sled like this to give it a platform like you did in this picture.I could be wrong but judging by recent issues I dont think I am.
    Thanks for taking this Palle and Rik thanks for posting.I would love to buy a large print if it becomes available.

19. I agree with Jeffsled. Wonderful pic. A nice kustom in the nude. Much prettier than a naked lady and this wount make the wife go wild.:D:D

20. ausbuick

ausbuick

21. Wellsville

Wellsville
    from Sweden

1001 Thanks (to ALL involved) for the update,, Great news!! Keep up the Good work!! :)

22. FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    Mr. Stewart is going to LOVE this photo!
    Thanks......cw

23. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

24. 53chevy

53chevy

Hats off to you guys, Fantastic work!!!!! And a big Thanks for sharing your progress.

Ken

25. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Thanks guys..and thanks to Rik for posting!
    i know i promised a weekly update long time ago..but i realize that all the small things takes loads of time, and that it will be quite boring!
    so here we go!

after finnishing the inside reinforcement, we deciced to fit the bumber in the back, and the recessed license plate. some pages back, i showed how i made the glasslenses
    so here is how we did it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the next is probably the biggest problem..to make the doorgaps fit. everyone who tried to work on cars with fadeaways..know what i am talking about.
    we needed to cut up the doorends to try make the curves fit better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we had to piecut the door some..it worked well.

[​IMG]

next was to cut up the frontfender..the gap was just to small, and didnt leave any room for paint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that really helped, and i wont be afraid to paint the car...and i dont have to figure out where the old antenna was placed..

[​IMG]

both sides of the inner fender was shitty. so we changes them

[​IMG]

after lots of hammering on the decklid now fits almost perfect..it need a little lead here and there

[​IMG]

also the right side had a problem..i never noticed when it was painted, but we took of like 5 mm of lead on the upperside of the fadeaways. it was clear when the paint was taken off

[​IMG]

and the hood..thats a speciel one. handmade, and it feels like rubber. we are working on some reinforcements under it, but needed to be sure it would fit perfect first. after some cutting, welding and grinding..it doesnt look that bad! needs only some fine tuning
    and it feels good to see it in bare metall.

[​IMG]

and heres my two friends Bill and Peter..without them, i wouldnt have made it so far!

and some cool pictures from the last couple of day taking of the paint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you enjoyed the tour..thanks for looking!

-Palle

26. Awesome Palle!! Thanks SO much for the update. Must be an incredible feeling being able to see and touch all that history.

27. Rikster

Rikster

Here is another shot of Bill and Peter taking off the last bits of paint that Bob Drake put on Jack's 1941 Ford in 1972.
    Photo by Palle Johansen.

Skirts and hubcaps added this time...

[​IMG]

28. Now thats cheesecake!

29. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

thanks Rik!..they both loved that photo. its cool with all the dust in the air!

wish you all a nice weekend

palle
    ps..wayne..i got that carb on ebay!..NOS and everything!

[​IMG]

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow guys what I can see looks awesome but a bunch of the pics are red X's ?