Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone deal with United Plating

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat47, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has anyone here used United Plating out of California or bought any of their rechromed bumpers? If so, good or bad experience?

2. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I guess no response from any HAMB member means they have no record. Bad or good.

3. McGuireV10

McGuireV10
    from Jax,FL

A friend (I think his username is nailheadroadster here) bought a rear bumper from them and was very impressed with the quality. Later we both sent off bumpers and a bunch of other parts with them to be plated. Their prices are good, and the little bit (very little) that I can find elsewhere on line is positive.

However, so far their turn-around time hasn't rocked my world, and communication has ranged from poor to none. They told my friend they'd overnight some window posts for a show this coming weekend and they still haven't showed.

He's nervous. I've found info that suggests they've been in the biz for 15+ years at least, so I'm not really thinking they'll disappear overnight just to keep two sets of beaten-up old Buick bumpers -- but I do wonder what the delay is about.

On the up side, they carted our junk to the other side of the country for free, and they're supposed to bring it back to our doorstep for free, so as long as they don't actually disappear I expect I'll be happy.

4. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

5. FTW666

FTW666

no positive reviews to counter the negative ones. id pass on giving them anything.

6. McGuireV10

McGuireV10
    from Jax,FL

Yeah, his story sums it up pretty well. For some reason they seem to kick-ass when it comes to plating bumpers, ours turned out great... especially for the price... but overall I would not consider using them again or recommending them to anyone.

7. ButchsCoolStuff

ButchsCoolStuff

Well, after reading some of the "RUN... STAY AWAY>>>> Posts about Juan Tremino and his Chrome shop, it scares me now. 2 Years ago, this Sep, I met him set up at the Gas City, IN "DuckTail" Run. Had many NICE bumpers there and prices were right. That was Sat and he said if I could get my bumpers back by Sunday Noon, he'd carry them to his CA shop, fill the holes, weld studs on the back side (for my Custom '55 Ply builder) and, along with my RoadRunner bumpers ship them back to me in 30 days. WOW!! I thought!!!! Had to pay for them Then & There, kinda scarey, but gave'm my CreditCard and waited. After 30 days and a couple phone calls and emails (they were a little late calling back each time) they finally sent everything back in about 60 days. Actually kinda a record for Chrome Shops as they go. AND BOY THEY LOOKED GREAT!! About FLAWLESS, and for the prices they charged, I would have recommended them to anyone. Don't like hearing these other bad things about them now.. Too Bad!

8. tatersalad

tatersalad
    from fl

if you value your parts and money you will stay away from these con artists