Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Guys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I'm a Ford guy through and through but ever since I bought my Plymouth, I'm starting to come around to the MOPAR side. My dad's 55 Chevy is a pretty sweet car too. I guess I'm just a car guy as long as it's old American Iron.

2. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

As long as it's pre-70 or so and American made, I don't care who made it, I usually like it.

My daily driver is a N*ssan 4wd crew cab pickup. When Ford decided to make nothing but trucks with automatics and ask me to pay $40K to buy what I didn't want, I decided to tell them to kiss my ass.

Chris

3. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Frigin' Old Rebuilt Dodge
    Fix Or Repair Daily
    Found On Road Dead
    Fast Only Rolling Downhill
    First On Race Day
    First On Recall Day
    Fabricated Of Refried Dung
    Fails On Rainy Days
    Fantastically Orgasmic Realistic Dream
    Fatally Obese Redneck Driver
    Fault Of R&D
    Finally Obsolete Racing Device
    Fireball On Rear Denting
    First On Road to Dump
    First On Rust and Deterioration
    Fix Or Recycle Dilemma
    Flipping Over Results in Death
    Flipped Over Roadside Disaster
    Follow Our Rusty Dogsled
    Foot On Road Decelerates
    Forced On Reluctant Drivers
    Formed Of Rejected DNA
    Forwarded Once; Return Denied
    Forward Only; Reverse Defective
    Forlorn, Old, Ratridden Dustbin
    Fork Over Repair Dough
    Fouled Out Re-done Dodge
    Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Deterioration
    Free Or Reduced Drastically
    Frequent Opinion Really Disappointed
    Fumes and Odors Readily Detectable
    Funny Old Rattling Dump
    (backwards) Driver Returns On Foot

Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips
    Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time
    Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time
    Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

4. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Move
    Over
    Power
    Approaching
    Rapidly

5. teddyp

teddyp

ha ha i always heared it was MOPAR - MY- OLD- PIG -ATN,T- RUNNING .WHEN THEY RUN THIER ALL GOOD I,M MOSTLY A SBC GUY I LIKE THE LOOK THE WAY THEY RUN, BUT I HAVE A Y-BLOCK FORD, AND HELP MY BUDDY WITH HIS 360 DODGE I ALSO HAVE AFEW OLD CADDY,S I LOVE WHEN YOU HEAR THAT A SBC IS BOREING GUESS IT PISSES THEM OFF

6. i always figured i was chevy guy because my old man is a chevy guy.

ive had 2 old fords and a 76 olds.

i guess i sorta like em all.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm a leg man mostly, but butts and boobs are cool too.:D

Oh, you mean cars ???? :p I normally gravitate toward Ford and Olds motors, but over the years I have also been involved at times with Pontiacs and GTO', Cadillacs, and Chevies for a while.

For some reason, the only marque I haven't played with ever is Mopar, but not for any reason of not liking them........I actually respect them a lot. Just never got involved with any of them.

What I realized over the years is that America builds some really good cars and motors, regardless of the brand.

Don

8. Fixed it for you.

9. flatout51

flatout51

I think this says it all for me...

Attached Files:

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

hahahahahaha:D

11. Cerberus

Cerberus

A local friend and I were talking old cars today. He has a 1929 Ford and a '64 Ranchero 289. He said he owns only Fords but is a Chevy guy. I said huh? He said Fords have always been cheaper. So he buys Fords.

12. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

I'm definitely a Ford guy...58 Ranchero says so....well except for the wifes Chevelle... there's the A pickup but damn that has a Hemi in it... just picked up a good FE motor ... used a GMC pickup to do that though...guess I can't help you out on this one.

13. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I take it your not a chevy guy. :rolleyes:

14. [QUOTE="T'RANTULA";8185505]I take it your not a chevy guy. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, I am a Ford guy, but have built cars with every brand of body and every brand of drivetrain. Its all in good fun.

As for those jokes,,,, I'm a copy/paste guy from another website :D

15. deto

deto

This thread gets my vote for tech week

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Im a Willys guy (2) and have a 26 T with a SB Chev,i think im a bit mixed up guy !! JW :)

17. Im a through and through Ford guy who was taught from a young age there was only one brand, But ive bucked the family trend and am building a rod with a Nailhead, they look great and there ain't many of them over here and I want to be a little different... Does't mean ive gone to the dark side, im still a very passionate Ford man.

18. rustang

rustang

I'm a CAR guy....but bleed Ford blue... even though my latest project is a Chevy, i know my way around a Ford....

I started with them back in the day when you had a very hard time competing with the Chevys... then the mid-80's came and the small block roller motors arrived, so did the aftermarket... things changed, and the Ford became the car to beat... currently have one OT Fox that I have built with twin turbo that can rip your arms off.....

I do love all cars, but the guys who Chev power a Ford, need a neck punch...LOL

Way OT but, my kid just bought an old OT Nissan 240SX and has already done some mods to it (he bought it as a winter beater a month or so ago)...there is a local Autocross here in a couple of weeks, and he plans to try his hand.....I do have to admit (never verbalize this), but the car has some potential.... but then again, I'm a "car" guy..... :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  19. My favorite car is the one that is paid for ( quote from mom )

Lee

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mate, it must be something in the water over our side of the world! Your post could sum me up, word for word right now!

Doc.

21. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Ford guy here, mostly. Owned plenty of different cars, Pontiac GP, Chevy Vega & and a Olds diesel. Actually liked the diesel. You could dust crops when you mashed on the foot feed. And after working at Ford dealers for 40 some yrs, when I retired I bought a Chevy HHR Panel. As for Fords, I have owned a 427 Galaxie, 427 Mustang, 4 Rancheros (still have one) and my #1 car-I-wish-I-still-had, a 56 Meteor Crown Victoria. Currently slumming around in my 57 Custom 300. And theres something about those old Hemis.......

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  22. Bwahahahaha;)

23. robber

robber

I like 'em all...they all built something cool at one time or another, and they all built something crappy at one time or another. I am a "car guy" who has experienced just about one of everything. If I haven't, it is quite possibly on my bucket list... I am talking about pre'64 American brands, of course:rolleyes:

24. couvy

couvy

Chebbys are factory rr's

25. couvy

couvy

Once again chebby guys try to steal fords thunder and fail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

dream on! That so-called "Ford Thunder" is the after effects of too much gas. That's why Fords stink.

27. Although Im a Ford guy, I never heard that one before and laughed.

28. Wow, that's soooo wrong!

Bowties are for men that want to look good in the winner's circle! :D

B.T.W.: I have a full head for hair and no problem with the score! ;)

29. mtflat

mtflat

I consider myself a dedicated ford guy, but I've had a string of other vehicles around here. My current dd truck is a D2500 turbo cummins.

For me, it means being able to work on them. I understand the engineering behind them and the layout makes sense.

I've never felt that way about Dodges - in fact I've cursed their engineers when changing heater cores and a few other things. And that infamous 5th gear OD nut that comes off???

Same for Chevy - their engineers just think differently than I do. And what is it with door handles on gm products. If you can't make a door handle that doesn't break how can I trust them with more important things?

30. Ha Ha!

Even though I am an older model GM fan (specifically Pontiac), I own or have owned all different makes.

However in my business I will no longer buy GM vehicles. All of the vehicles that GM has put out over the last 2 decades has been nothing but crap & problems. Everything from bad engines and bad trannys to cheap-ass plastic interiors and rotted brake & fuel lines. When you have an 8,000 mile/1year old car with pistons slapping so loud the car sounds like a diesel and GM tells you that "that's acceptable to the industry", it's time to stop buying them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.