Register now to get rid of these ads!

where is the cheapest place to by a radiator for my 1966 200ci mustang?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robert_t_wallace, Sep 25, 2012.

1. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

Just got to installing the radiator the PO bought (included in the trunk) for the Mustang I bought for my son and the radiator seems to be for a V8. Lower return on the wrong side. Its a shame as this was a brand new radiator. Now looking for the right one.. Don't have a ton of money to spend.. Where is the cheapest place to buy one

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

You may get better answers from a Mustang forum. We are traditional hotrodders here

3. Why not just swap the outlet?

4. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I bought one off of Evil bay for 99.00 plus shipping. Aluminum 3- core and it was a real nice unit. I didn't use it in a Mustang but it was the right size and outlet/inlet arrangement for my purpose.

5. ryno

ryno

6. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

x-2--- bought an alum. direct fit replacement off e bay couple years ago for my dodge van DD/beater after a run in with bambi's mom. fit perfect cools great no problems-under $100.00 including shipping= happy guy:D

7. 49 Custom

49 Custom

Check with National Parts Depot. They have a catalog specifically for the Mustang and have offered multiple grades of radiators in the past. I wouldn't go cheap on a radiator as you will be buying one twice in no time at all. A three row should be fine for the 200.

8. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

is that something that one can do themself or does a radiator shop have to do it?

9. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

I would love to get out under $100, but can't find it. The cheapest I have now found is at Rockwood @ $132

10. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

I was hoping to get out under $200, but if that is what it is, will do it..

11. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

I did post there, but there are a lot of people here that have mustangs or are in the know. I have been a member here since buying my '31 Model A and have always enjoyed the quick responses here...

12. 32ratsass

32ratsass

Any reputable radiator shop should be able to move the lower fitting to the correct position, for very little expense . Just find one in your area, and give 'em a call.

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

since you have been here a while then you would know that Ryan has a cut off year of '65 here. so, next time ask about your "65" Mustang. radiatorbarn,com $160.55 plus $9.95 shipping.

14. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

I just found that one... not bad price..

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, CarQuest, NAPA,all seem to be competitive with each other.

A local radiator shop should be able to modify the new rad you have for well less than $100, the last one we had done cost $45 to move the radiator inlet.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  16. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

My bad.. don't want to upset anyone here.. should have been more general as most radiator dealers sell all years.. Just was curious where people are buying thier radiators..

I think I am going to check the radiator shop about flipping the return line or go with Rockwood auto..

17. I can do it myself.....Your results may vary....regardless a shop should be able to handle it for less than a new radiator.

18. Was thinking the same exact thing.

19. chaddilac

chaddilac

Amazon... $135 free shipping.

20. Reliable Radiator on eBay

21. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

You may want to list it in the classifieds,the good news is that radiator is a bolt-in for 1949-56 Ford cars using a 289-302 with the early "short" water pump with the passenger side lower hose or a swap in the same cars using a SBC.