Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 Twin Cities Roadsters 42nd Annual Swap Sunday October 14th...Who's going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsir, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Roadsir

Roadsir

A couple weekend's away....I look forward to this like my non hot-rod friends look forward to waterfowl or deer hunting. If your out of state and are looking for a good way to wrap up the season this is the best swap meet in Minnesota...period.

So if it is nice I will be there in the Roadster... If it not nice I'll be there in the Wagon...

Looking for some five spokes, maybe some gauges, 34 ashtray....

Here's the link... Who's going?

http://twincitiesroadsters.com/swap-meet

2. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'll be there in my 36 Roadster:)

3. :Dwell i am planing on duramaxing and got my room last nite, bringing help to haul out stuff, tomrrow am selling to crusher for sum FUN money:D
    dont think i would like to roadster 250 miles may be cold!!!:(

4. Always missed it because of the "Hunnert Car Pile Up"... I don't have that to worry about that anymore....

5. FFFFrank

FFFFrank

$5? I'll be there!

6. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

When i lived in MN, this was my favorite one of the year...did good selling and always found good stuff to buy!

7. I am planning on it. However, my daughter is landing at 11pm the night before coming back from presenting a paper at USC. I'll probably get to the swap late, but proud.

8. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I'll be there. I'm undecided whether to swap, or just go to buy......

9. I plan to be there with some new 350 sbc heads and some big slicks on wide oem steelies - maybe some other stuff too.........

10. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I am planning on making it again this year. I will be looking for 29 Model A Phaeton stuff and what ever other 28/29 goodies I can find.

11. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

I'll be there with a bright orange 53' Olds hardtop.If you are in town on Saturday, just before the Roadsters Fall Swap and looking for something to do, near the fairgrounds :
    2nd Annual Minnesota Land Speed Get-together will be at Griggs park in St. Paul ( 1188 Hubbard Ave) on October 13th. Bring your rod or bike. Inviting land speed vehicles. We'll have the Salt2Salt car, loud and clear, and hopefully an LSR Vincent , Electric motorcycle record holder and others. Share your experiences this year and past.This year, we'll have news about the exciting new venue for ECTA land speed racing in Wilmington, Ohio. Show and tell. Snacks will be provided. 10am to 4pm. Call Greg Meyers with questions 320-282-4577 Share this with all your gearhead friends!
    Sponsored by Studio Bricolage/Leonardos Basement
    http://www.studiobricolage.org/ http://leonardosbasement.org Our non-profit teaches kids, teens and their parents to use tools and build stuff! We are creating a teen drop-in center to work on hot rods, motorcycles, bikes, skateboards and whatever else moves.....

12. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I am planning on making the trip...Should be fun!

13. Roadsir

Roadsir

Week away, lets hope for good weather!

14. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Never miss it.Will probably vend but wont be part of the flashlight crowd.Thinking of rolling in 8-ish or so.Have a bunch of tri-five o.d. transmissions to move.A 58 Plymouth o.d trans and a pair of '56 Olds fenders plus a few more trinkets.

15. sport fury

sport fury

it is a good swapmeet but i rather go to the frankensteiners ball car show that same day

16. greaserjohn

greaserjohn

Great swap meet, I've been going since 82. Having said that I'm going to the Frankenstieners ball. I did both a few years till the ball was moved to the Anoka fairgrounds. Most of our club shows up. Kids go trick or treating from car to car, we grill lunch. It's a great show. Maybe one of these yearsthey will not be on the same day.

17. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

Absolutely one of the best swapmeets of the year for me. Set the alarm for midnight,
    on the road by 1:00 a.m. Jeff (midwestcruiser) will be making the trip with me for the first time, well worth the 4 hour, one way drive for me. Always find something I need and usually find a few that I dont, but still buy them. Its gonna be a long winter,
    gotta have something to do......look for us, we will be the two with flashlights
    at 6 a.m. Scott

18. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I might be there!

19. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I'll be at Blackhawk farms crewing on two Formula Fords Fri and Sunday ( been 13 years since I have been to an SCCA race ) and Saturday up to Greatlakes. Should be a great wat to end the Summer.

20. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I'll be there! Bring you Desoto hemi stuff please!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  21. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Looks like a great day foreasted with sun and highs in the 60's. Hope to see evryone out there.

22. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hope to see you guys there!

23. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

What part of the fairgrounds is it at?

24. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

It's held in the Northeast corner. Weather forecast still looks favorable. Hope to see evryone there!

25. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Thanks. I can't wait

26. Ruiner

Ruiner

I had big plans of going this weekend but I'll be up in Fargo instead...someone snag a Superior 500 woodgrain steering wheel and a pair of 5x4.5 bolt pattern M/T slot mags for me ;)...

27. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

28. Bull

Bull

My dad and I will be there making some room in our garages hopefully!

29. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

With Great lakes canceled I'll be there, look for the old guy pictured on the left.

30. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

Had a great day, picked up some small, well needed parts. Not sure what happened to the nice weather, didnt find any of that until we were west of the cities on our way home, but shouldn't complain. Saw a few familiar faces and a lot of nice parts up for sale. Scott