Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kaiser barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TimberwolfFXDL, Sep 11, 2012.

1. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

An old timer friend of a friend of my dad was looking for someone to help him clear out his barns. I got recruited to go help once they found out there were some cars in there. We found 4 or 5 1950 and 51 studebakers, a 1955 chevy 4 door belair, a couple Diamond T trucks, a 48 PLymouth Special Deluxe, and this... a 1948 Kaiser Custom, which was the closest to the door, so out it came first.

The old timer gave us first right of refusal on anything we find, and if we didn't want things, he said to sell them and he'd pay us for our time. So, we got this home and rinsed off the dust. It's got 44,400 original miles. Runs and drives and is 99% complete (missing hood release cable, couple minor things). Sometime in it's life it was repainted... and not well. The body is mostly solid but there is a little evidence of filler here and there. The spare in the trunk has never been on the ground and looks like it just came from the showroom. Original jack is there too.

The old continental 6 runs pretty well, and looks good. I think the float is a little high in the carb though.

The trunk was packed with extra parts. That will be the second link below.

I think we are going to take this one to the Street Rod Nats North this weekend in Kalamazoo. Just not sure what to ask. I can't find much value information on these cars online, other than through the NADA website. That's where I need you guys to help.

Anyway, enough talking, here's links to the pictures:
    http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/timberwolfz28/1948 Kaiser Custom/

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/timberwolfz28/1948 Kaiser parts/

2. alumslot

alumslot

The links don't work no pictures.

Jim

3. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

well, that figures. Right after I upload them all to photobucket their server hiccups. I'm getting a 503 error saying the "service is unavailable" so I can't even get to them myself.

Maybe the car was too heavy ;)

Here's some to give an idea until the links work again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

looks like photobucket's server is screwed up for the moment. I imagine they will be back up shortly.

5. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

A 48 sold in LA about two months ago off of craigslist for $2300. I looked at the car it was really nice drove nice. It was worth the $2500 they were asking but let it go for less as they said not much intrest in it.No one cares about these cars not as much as the Manhattan and Henry J's

6. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

links are back up

7. chainsawedfingers

chainsawedfingers
    from NEPA

Personally, I really like cars that arent seen very often/ unpopular.....

8. Squablow

Squablow

MrDickies is right. It's a neat car and the one in question looks to be in good shape, but probably not worth a whole heck of a lot. I'd ask $3K but I'm not sure you'll get that.

9. May Pop

May Pop

That must have been one hell of a fart.
    Great find!

10. Damn that's ugly.
    I like it!