Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. n847

n847

hells yea...lets see some pics!

2. ryno

ryno

x2....

3. Blake84

Blake84

4. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I'm glad you finally got taken care of this time! Be very careful getting under the truck without jackstands under the frame. You never know when an airline/fitting/bag might fail. I was doing some bodywork on a guys truck a few years back, and out of nowhere an airline blew out the fitting slamming the truck to the ground.

5. Blake84

Blake84

I never do.... It was just my arm and truck doesn't go low enough to crush it. Thanks for the heads up. My uncles first advice to me was to get jack stands before you work on that car.

6. F.C.Fury

F.C.Fury

Killer truck man!! Glad everything worked out. Cant wait to see more pics!

7. Rocknthehawk

Rocknthehawk

That's the best they could come up with for the drop bracket on the sway bar?

8. daddio211

daddio211

That's what I thought too. Make them fix that, and did you get No Limit's stamp of approval before you took possession? I doubt they would have approved the sway bar mount. Makes me wonder what else is lurking under there...

9. bindaveo

bindaveo

Reading this thread was an emotional and informative roller coaster. I'm glad it's all finally worked out without anybody dying.
    Truck looks 'killer' but now in a good way.

10. ausbuick

ausbuick

Hi buddy,
    I was just re-reading your painful thread and these look like rubber stains from your airbags maybe?
    MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheers Darren

11. n847

n847

Glad to see you got er all together...Now go enjoy it! I'd look around and see if you can find an alternative to that oil pan but what the hell...If it works I guess its ok!

12. Blake84

Blake84

I agree with you...however compared to what I had its kind of hard for me to complain at this point. The ride and handling is 100 times better. I actually feel very safe when driving. The sway bar situation sucks but it will get handled. That's the least of my worries. I'm just glad trucks back and drives great. But I hear ya.

13. Blake84

Blake84

That ended up being exactly what it was !! Over time it has faded a lot and is hardly visible if at all so I'm not really worried about it anymore. Good job detective !!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  14. Blake84

Blake84

Yes it was approved. But that's how he noticed sway bar was missing. So after that was installed no he didn't check out again. Like I said it hardly affects the drive when I'm cruising. But it will get fixed
    Hey the bright side I had a deadly piece of shit suspension and now I have a $2500 great suspension. Gotta give them some credit for stepping up. I called around shops and installation for the no limit kit was anywhere from $3500-$4500. Honestly. The shop owner was really nice. Did a really great job installing the kit. I probably have a different opinion because of what I had before and how it drove vs what I have now and how it drives. If I never had such a terrible suspension in the first place then id probably be more upset with situations.

It's like if your teenage daughter comes home and says dad I'm pregnant. Then says Jk I got an F in math. Suddenly the F doesn't sound anywhere near as bad. Because the first was so bad the second issue is no big deal.

Ya I'd like to find alternative. Which is I'm building engine on the side and eventually will swap

15. daddio211

daddio211

Blake, I completely understand what you're saying, but it still concerns me. If they wouldn't take the time to fabricate a couple of simple brackets that you CAN see, what did they cut corners on that you CAN'T see. I can understand if they did those for a quick mock up and intended to fabricate a real part later, but those are just that... mock up parts. And then there's the whole "bolt bending" issue. They DIDN'T finish the install!

I'm genuinely impressed that they stepped up and did the right thing. Too few people out there would do that, and after all the flack you got from them I'd bet their attorney told them to fix it right and with a smile unless they wanted to lose everything.

Please consider taking it back to them to fix the sway bar and brackets. You paid for it, they need to provide it. And have No Limit approve it one last time before you accept it as done!

16. Blake84

Blake84

That's the plan to have it fixed. I just want to drive for a week or so. I didn't have the truck for a month an I missed it. They didn't cut corners anywhere else. We all web over the truck. It's harder to cut corners with a kit when every part has a place vs fabricating whatever you want. The frame is now played and everything just looks so much stronger than before. Trust me I was really worried about this arrangement. I will get the sway bar corrected and post pics. It's jus not a huge rush because like I said not too big a difference and I miss my truck and thy are 60 miles away so in an old truck that's a road trip!

17. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

bitchin dude... 1,000 times better. glad to see the trucks driving well. i wouldnt worry much about the sways if your just cruisin the truck

18. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I just found this thread yesterday and had a hell of a time finding a free minute to finish reading everything.

WOW!

All I can say is I'm glad it turned out as well as it did and your truck is awesome. Looking forward to progress pics as you fine tune it in the future.

19. Blake84

Blake84

Thanks man! Ya it's been a journey and a great learning experience...

20. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Your truck looks rad man. Im glad to see how it ended up for you, Ive been following the thread all along. I have always had a soft spot for these trucks I grew up in one. Well my dad had had one growing up that sounds better LOL. Just a thought on the sway bar though, All the sway bars I have ever seen are mounted to the lower control arm not the top Honestly dont know if there is a special reason for it but it may make it easier to come up with a solution if you could mount it there. May be it makes no difference at all I dont know but something to think about. Again badass truck man keep the thread going as you go Im suscribed!

21. okay... maybe i missed it. i looked at all the pics of the install, but i cant wee what you guys are talking about RE: the sway bar brackets. matter of fact, i didn't see a sway bar in the entire batch of pics.... what gives?

22. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Watch the vid above. Truck looks awesome Blake. Could you bolt the sway bar to the bottom a arm?

23. Blake84

Blake84

I'm going to check tommorrow. Makes sense but ill see if there is a ore drilled hole

24. There has to be a provision on the arm to bolt the link hardware to. Have them weld a tab to it if necessary and clean up those hideous sway bar mounts!

Bob

25. if you wind up using the upper mount, just make sure to put a nice thick sleeve over the bolt between the bushings.

26. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Could you make heim joints work somehow?

27. johnboy13

johnboy13

Are you still running the one chamber brake reservoir with discs up front and drums in the rear? You should probably swap that out with a dual reservoir chamber

28. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

saw you cruising up la brea on saturday... truck is looking good.

29. Blake84

Blake84

That's my next purchase :)