Register now to get rid of these ads!

still on my 48 fleetmaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greggy, May 9, 2012.

1. greggy

greggy

after rebuilding all my wheel cylinders on my 48 chevy fleetmaster i was bleeding the brakes and realized that everytime i quit pumping them and let the pedal sit for a couple seconds it would go all the way to the floor. does this sound like my worst fear????a master cylindr failure? i was certain to get all the wheels bled correctly. i cant see any fluid leaking from anywhere, so i assume its the master. any thoughts? and....could someone please go into detail about how to take the beltline trim off? rust is starting to form under mine and i want to address it before a repaint. thank you

2. greggy

greggy

3. NextLevel

NextLevel

You figure out that break problem?

The beltline trim.. I recently purchased one and I'm trying to figure out how to install it what do the clips look like?

4. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

did you rebuild the master cylinder? did you bench bleed it?

5. cbult

cbult
    from Indiana

Shoes adjusted out enough?

6. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Most likely its a bad master or you've got a leaky wheel cylinder that you haven't noticed yet. I would start with the master if you haven't rebuilt it. Rockauto.com sells a Raybestos (new) unit for under $200 clams that's part #MC3434. Good insurance if you're sticking with the original style master on these cars.

7. Normbc9

Normbc9

The '48's were a great system for brakes. I have a coupe with a transplant 261 in it still with the torque tube setup. Can I help you ?\Normbc9