Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects and yet another 53 chevy build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tin Can, Dec 29, 2010.

1. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Looking great dude. What kind of gauges you running in your dash? All fit good?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Tin Can

Tin Can

Got a little done today. My nephew came down to the shop with me and helped bleed the brakes out and the headlights mounted. I gotta adjust the passenger side to get the tri-bar aligned and wire them up this week.

Attached Files:

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

Thanks Matt. Got the front bumper installed and the grill in the car today. Have to finish up installing the grill this week and get the turn signals in. Also modifying rear bumper guards so that can get installed next weekend. The windshield got taken to the glass shop this weekend too for a little custom modifications.

Attached Files:

4. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

5. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

Man do I love this car I do not know how I missed this until now. I also have a chopped 53 that I used a fleetline window for it flows great and look perfect. Did you have to take some of the crown out of the window to make it fit because I did and now I have to find glass to fit just wondering what you are using for glass?

6. Tin Can

Tin Can

I did not take any crown out of the rear window. I flipped it upside down to get it to flow better with the roof. Hoping to get the glass back from getting polished out on Friday and maybe get it installed next weekend.

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

Got a little done to the car this week. The grill is all bolted in and adjusted with the parking lights now. I modified the 56 merc rear bumper guards to fit them to the modified 56 chevy rear bumper. The turn signal switch is wired but needs a little attention to figure out why the RH turn signals arent working.

Attached Files:

8. Tin Can

Tin Can

Picked up the windshield from bein cut down on Sat. Got the window trim cut down for it and figured Id give polishing stainless a shot. I picked up this polisher from Eastwood when they were running a sale on it. I think the trim came out pretty nice. Learned to really watch what you are doing with the polisher. Looked up once and next I new my piece was out in the driveway. Lucky I had a spare.....

Attached Files:

9. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

you might want to hang on to your parts.

10. Tin Can

Tin Can

Jeff got me motivated tonite to get the rear window installed in the car, also got the glove box striker installed and adjusted. The windshield is going back to the glass shop to get about 1/4 inch more taken off the top. Hope to get it installed next weekend.

Attached Files:

11. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

we will get the windsheild installed tomarrow after the iron invasion.

12. Tin Can

Tin Can

Did some exhaust work on the car. Got the porters installed and the pipes ran all the way out the rear of the cars. I had pocked up a pair of fishtail pipes about a year ago so I put those on, they flow pretty nice with the shapes of the bumper.

Attached Files:

13. derbydad276

derbydad276

looks great.... did you loose the camera while you were chopping the top?
    Id love it if you backed up a bit and dug out those pics

14. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Exhaust turned out good, like those tail pipes on your car! When do we get to hear that car rumble?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

16. Tin Can

Tin Can

Thanks for posting the video for me cous

17. Tin Can

Tin Can

Got the car all cleaned up today before the maiden voyage. Got the windshield and the door latches in this week too. Next week I'm finally gonna get to buffin out the fender skirts

Attached Files:

18. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

next summer well finally have cars on the road...jones

19. Tin Can

Tin Can

Heck yea. Its been too long without a car for all of us!

20. You guys sound just like me and my buddies.

....next summer.:)

21. Looks great,Big milestone getting the glass in.

22. Tin Can

Tin Can

Painted the underside of the hood this week. Man o man does it take a while to mask all those louvers off. Started making a license plate bracket for the rear too. Next week Im hoping to get the hood on, make a spring tool, and get the garnish mouldings all tuned in so can start bodyworking them.

Attached Files:

23. andy.sawyer

andy.sawyer

Car looks great. Will webe be seeing it at torquefest this year? I hope so!

24. Tin Can

Tin Can

I hope so, My plan is to get the hood springs on, garnish mouldings buttoned up and the wing windows all finished by the end of the year and then get it off for upolstery at the beginning of the year. Debating on taking it to the World of Wheels in Chicago.

25. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

Progress looking GREAT!!

26. Tin Can

Tin Can

I haven't u[dated this thread in a while. I've been working slow on the car lately. Jeff reshot the garnish mouldings for me since I did not do a good job at all on them when I attempted to spray them. Thanks Jeff!

Attached Files:

27. Tin Can

Tin Can

Got the window channel installed for the rear windows and the rubber flap strip for the lower bottom of the drivers side. Also got my template all cleaned up for the drivers side and figured out the regulator to make the rear windows functional. Drivers side works pretty slick.

Also got about 50% of the stainless polished for the car this week, The last 4 pieces have dents and dings I'm planning to work out next week. Also picked up a set of Pontiac trim that I think is off of a 4 door so I will see what mods will need to be done to make them work.

Attached Files:

28. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

getting there...jones

29. Damn! that thing is looking amazing. I cant wait to see it in person. Where are you going for interior?