Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iron Invasion - Chicagoland show Oct. 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Aug 19, 2011.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

digging that shirt!

2. WWinIL

WWinIL

I will submit my preferred top 5 set list to be heard in the Heavy metal category:

1. Sweet Leaf by Sabbath
    2. Seek and Destroy by Metallica
    3. Du Haste by Rammstein
    4. Heaven and Hell by Sabbath w/ Dio (R.I.P. Ronnie)
    5. Down with the Sickness by Disturbed

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That would be killer Chris!

And I already told John that the volunteer shirt rules, but I'll say it here too. :D

4. Deadbird

Deadbird

I get it... and I dig it! Nice touch!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the shuffle will be set so we have no control over what will be selected....
    however #1, #2, and #4 are in there for rotation.
    But we have 2200 songs to pick from.
    So you may hear none of these.

6. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

Alright, dumbass question here for the newb{never been to a major car event before}...on the dotcom site is the "car registration"...where is the "It's just me cause the car ain't done yet regisration"?...I want the sticker and dvd!...same thing but don't fill out the vehicle portion?

BTW, why isn't "Fuel" by metallica on the song list?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  7. Whitetrash31

Whitetrash31
    from Illinois

Cant wait for this show. We are working every moment that we have to get this 31 coupe done by the 3rd of oct... Then its getting loaded up for the trip to woodstock.. So check us out in the Kustom Image Upholstery booth as well as all the other vendors...John i would say that this event will be a blast for everyone as all of your shows are... It just cant get here fast enough!!!!!!

8. ScottInIowa

ScottInIowa
    from Gilman, IA

My '47 International is running and almost ready to go. Swapped frame and engine in from a Chevy truck. Driving it out from central Iowa. Can't wait!

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

ours is not a major event...
    ours is just a get together - as a result - we do not have a staff or a webmaster or anything like that.
    So if you see our site crashing or see stuff that we forgot - tell us - cause we just dont have the time to make sure each and every little aspect of the show is dialed in to perfection. The website is pretty minimal and some have said they have had trouble getting on there.
    But I know there are MANY people not having problems because we received another 11 pre registrations this weekend!!!
    so
    I am not sure how old your computer is - but here at my house I am only able to see the car reg page on my newest computer.
    The old one I am using right now doesnot show the form.
    Bottom line - if you want to get in to Pre reg - send your money in NOW!
    The paypal goes to :
    [email protected]

in the notes section - include your address and your car you are bringing and phone number
    the Pre reg to get the DVD, sticker, and 30 minutes early entry is $20

thanks

PS
    the song Fuel is AFTER the Black album - we only play pre black album Metallica!

10. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

I'm bringing my daily driver/parts getting car... a rusty '99 gran voy...nothing anyone wants to see, but I would want the cool stuff the $20 gets me with pre-reg to get in...."can I pre-reg with no show car at all" or should I just pay at the door - park in spectator lot?...I'm trying to support the event{$20} aside from just showin up.:D

11. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pre-register the '54 Kaiser Metropolitan that the McCulloch blower came out of even if you don't have that car. That way the website won't be confused that you are trying to pre-register without a car and you still get all of the pre-reg goodies. You would not be the first person to pre-register a car but not show up with it due to car problems.

I think it is cool that yo want to pay the $20 to help support the cause when you could get in cheaper as a spectator.

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

EXACTLY what Steve has just said - and yes - THANK you for supporting the cause.
    If anyone does not know.
    All gate proceeds go to
    www.helpinghannahsheart.org

this is a foundation that my wife and I have set up.
    It is designed to help other families who have gone through the struggles like we have with our daughter.
    Of course we have to pay for the event first and with this being a first year show - we just dont know if we will even break even. We have to wait and see. For those not familiar with the way the 501 (c) 3 non profit corporations are set up - the founders are not able to benefit from the non profit. This is why we urge you to purchase a shirt at our events. This is how WE make money. Those that want to help out the Hannah Wells Medical Trust can continue to purchase some original art at the Vintage Torque Fest.
    Thanks for all the support in the past - we appreciate it!

13. x-shift

x-shift

...the song Fuel is AFTER the Black album - we only play pre black album Metallica!

Excellent. I therefore submit "Battery".

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

can not stop the BATTERY!!!!

Battery is found in ME!

love it

15. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

Cool, I'm in with the '40 plymouth...even though the old girl isn't going anywhere till next year.
    Got my $20 in plus a spare wrist band in case my friend comes with...ok even if he doesn't...I'm trying to help the cause!
    BTW...that spot reserved for my '40 plymouth touring sedan{how many '40 plymouth touring sedans will be showing - really} ...you can toss that spot to a car that shows...on me!{or charge again for it if it'll make you some added cash so we can do this again next year...}

I'm in for some cool cars, pin up girls, mopar flathead 6 parts, T-shirts, pictures...anything cool that can follow me home{a pin up girl might be hard to explain to the wife though...she already calls my '40 my "other wife"!}:D

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Modeljunkie - thanks for doing the pre reg!
    We have pulled the pre registration and now you simply show up at the show and pay the normal price to get in.
    Thanks to all
    of you that pre registered!!!
    Based on this number we can expect to get around 600 cars in there on Oct 5/6.
    Where do we get this from?
    Torque Fest.
    We had almost the same exact numbers of pre reg for Torque Fest II.
    The strange thing - is that we have had hardly anyone from the Chicago land area pre register....
    so many people have told me that they are not used to pre registering for anything - and they simply show up.
    We will see.
    Bottom line - we are gonna have a good time and we hope that YOU will be a part of the festivities.

17. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Anyone know of availible rooms? We might camp out but they are calling for a low of 42 and my wife is already cold enough!!!! Hit me with a PM if you know of anything.

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Woodstock Hotels are sold out from waaaay back.
    A certain Woodstock hotel "lost" 5 rooms I had reserved. (I found out that 2 wedding parties came in and somehow we got bumped)
    As a result I had to book rooms over in Crystal Lake.
    The hotels in Crystal Lake are about 10 minutes away and the drive between Crystal Lake and Woodstock is very nice - do NOT speed once you get around the million dollar homes though - supposedly they have a cop out there just waiting for people - goes from 45 to 35 I believe.
    So I suggest McHenry, Harvard, or Crystal Lake. All of these places are within 10-12 minutes of the fairgrounds.
    AND you will be coming in from the "back" way - MUCH less traffic this way.
    Not sure if I have stated it recently - but arrive EARLY to avoid any traffic delays.

19. silent rick

silent rick

hey john, what hotel did you get bumped from? it reminds me i need to call to confirm our rooms are still there. i hate when they pull that shit.

20. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

I just called the other day for a room and got two, one at Comfort Inn, and one at Super 8 in Crystal lake. I found the Super after I got the other room, and both places had 10-15 rooms. I may get rid of the Comfort Inn one. The rates were 90 bucks for the Comfort Inn, and 66 bucks for the Super 8 with two beds.

21. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Booked my room at the Super 8 in Woodstock 3 months ago......

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  22. Hellfish

Hellfish

My experience with running the Pileup for 10 years is that people will book multiple rooms, and then cancel at the last minute, so call around. You might get lucky. Put yourself on a hotel's waiting list if they have one, too.

23. NOTICE!....if you have not reserved your swap space for the Iron Invasion by this Friday Sep. 28th, you will not be able to so. You are urged to arrive at the McHenry County Fairgrounds on Friday Oct. 5th to get your swap spaces then. The gates will be open at 8 A.M until late in the afternoon on Friday.
    Saturday will most likely be very busy with cars entering the grounds so getting a swap space then mite be a hassle.
    Thanks to all the vendors who have pre-registered for the Iron Invasion swapmeet.
    call Sam @ 815-973-9304 if you have any questions.

24. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I'm really looking forward to this show... aaaaand the pinup contest. I wish I had more time to get a swap space and try to sell some of my parts.... but I'll probably just be adding to my collection with parts I buy at the swap...

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Best Western....
    and what Hellfish has said is true - we will be trying to get some of those rooms that are closer as well!

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

also wanted to add that we are now at 243 pre registered cars....
    the mailbox was full!!!!
    so that will be the official count for pre reg - I seriously think we could get 600-700 cars this show!

27. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

is there a way to see what the thread view history is?
    this thread has been looked at over 16,000 times........
    but I thought just yesterday it was at 15,000.....
    1,000 views in a day?

28. kzeliminator

kzeliminator
    from chicago

man its so close....i cant wait

29. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

What'd be nice would be to have a master list of HAMB folks who are going, then maybe try and set up a meeting place or area for those who'd like to put faces to names...I'd like to meet some of the folks who I see post here....I want to find some cheap mopar flathead 6 parts too...we'll see what I wind up with after it's all said and done, either way, it's gonna be fun!

30. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

^^^^^^^^^good idea i agree^^^^^^^