Register now to get rid of these ads!

Madison Classics Swap Meet-Opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldmics, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Thinkin about headin to Wisconson to try out the Madison Classic swap meet.

Any veterans who can enlighten me as to weather its a goodie or not?

Oldmics

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

haha, "weather" its a goodie. I get it!!

perhaps you meant whether, but the show is famous for bad "weather"

lots of "stuff", much of it not car-related. Car Corral keeps shrinking due to Craigslist, etc.

nice car show on Sunday.

great vendors and ample supply of used parts to paw through.

I never miss.

3. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

It's a good show but most of the the time it seems like there is more lawn mowers, snowmobile parts, and Jap tools than car related items.

4. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

I like it, but yes, lots of unrelated stuff. It appears to have more late model stuff than I like, but it's still fun.
    Tom

5. ...stay home, more for us.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

now Sam, be nice!

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

I go always prepaired for rain and mud. Shoes, a book bag with ponchos in it. Usually extras so if you know me and need one hit me up. IF the weather is nice like the last couple it is a great day. and better than expected.

8. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

You have to approach the Jefferson swap meet as an adventure. Its the only place I can think of where you can have all 4 seasons of the year on the same weekend. I have seen days there that started off with cold blowing spirts of snow and frost in the morning to strip down to a tee shirt and sweat by mid afternoon, the same day. I've seen mud and ponds of standing water large enough to be named as lakes in some places, to dry dusty conditions.

Always go to Jefferson with a large wish and a pocket full of money. Some times you come home with nothing from your list most of your money, and other times, you find everything on your list, cheap, and your broke and loaded down by noon. There are times when you find that one thing you haven't seen for years and just have to have it, or the Kent Big Bar was the only salvation of the weekend. And then when you find something on your list, first thing in the morning, do you but it now, or hope to buy it from someone else at 1/2 the price later? If you go back later, it may or may not still be there.
    You have to approach Jefferson Swap meet as an adventure. Gene

9. t5stang91

t5stang91

not as good as it use to be. alot of worn out truck tires sand non related car parts. or stock sbc junk for a premium.

definately a kent's big bar!!!

good luck if you make the trip and drive safe.

10. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

if your buying try to get there on friday,,

11. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I have been there and came home with hardly enough room in the truck for us to sit but i have also come with just the heartburn from one of their famous cheeseburgers.

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Worth it even if you have to wade through the off topic stuff.
    Be prepared to dig through boxes and tubs.Not all the primo stuff hits the tables.

13. Forecast is for rain or snow promptly at 11:00 am, at least that was the way it's been every time I was there. Still worth the trip, most of the time.

14. Dizzie

Dizzie

The forecast is for 68 degrees and sunnny Fri. Sat. and Sun. Unusual for Jefferson. My brother and I will be there on Friday and Saturday selling in spaces WH132-133. I'm one of the few that brings "old" car parts.

15. jimbousman

jimbousman

Weather's suposed to be unseasonably warm and dry (at least for the Jefferson show) Have to agree that it has become more of a flea market than a swap meet. I always go thinking "Hell, it's the end of the year and there're bound to be some sweet deals." Nope, never manage to bring home more than I can carry in my pockets.

The show itself has not been great but the car corral is usually packed. There are usually a few good deals as folks bail out of there summer projects before winter sets in.

But I'll be there, stuff my face with a brat, fill my pockets with doodads, meet my buddy Elroy selling his Merc, marvel at the unusually good weather and then bitch all winter about not finding anything.

16. ...and eating a Kent's Big Bar,..or two!

17. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

weather doesn't matter, it's die hard sellers and buyers , less tire kickers in the rain ; )

18. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Its still Jefferson, there is plenty of time for that weak upper level disturbance to appear and pass through sometime this coming weekend. :rolleyes: :D Gene