Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodders journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64ONEOFF, Sep 10, 2012.

1. milban

milban
    from RI

Hello all, I'm traveling to the show Thursday morning, if anyone wants to cruise together. [email protected]

2. milban

milban
    from RI

Sorry,,, from the Rhode Island area.

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was under the impression that there was an event on Thursday "]night at Pimlico......low light photo shoot or something like that.......has that changed?

This was the first mention of the pre registration packets. When will these be available and at what location ?

If the pre registration packets are available only on Saturday morning if we do not attend the parties, will we be waiting in line like every one else ?

4. Bumpin' it back to the top for you, John.:)

5. Curt Six

Curt Six

We are doing a photo shoot at Pimlico Thursday evening that is open to pre-registered cars. It will start at 5:00pm and run to about 7:00 or 7:30. Then we'll cruise from there to the kick-off party at Canton Dockside.

There will be a pre-registration/registration table at Canton Dockside on Thursday night, at the Fells Point event on Friday night, and at the gate to Pimlico Saturday and Sunday. You can pick up your registration packet at any of those points.

We will have multiple entry lanes to the car show entrant gate at Pimlico (ie registrants, pre-registrants who need to pick up their packet, and pre-registrants who already have their packet from one of the nights before and can cruise right in). We will also have plenty of staff on hand to help with the process. Based on the pre-registration numbers, we do expect a high volume of cars at the beginning of the day and we are prepared to keep it moving, but obviously we'll appreciate everyone's patience as we get you all onto the infield. Car show entrant gate opens at 8:00am.

Hopefully this answers your questions - let me know if not. We really appreciate everyone's support of the show. We think it's going to be a pretty cool weekend.

Curt

6. Praying for good weather, Curt. Thanks go out to you and everyone at Rodder's Journal for the huge effort involved in bringing an event of this magnitude to fruition.......Don.

7. lbrunkala

lbrunkala

I'll be leaving Friday morning in the 5w. I wish I could leave sooner, but work gets in the way. It looks like this is going to be a Great Show!

8. Lots of buzz at the Karb Kings Mobtown Greaseball yesterday. Apparently all the BS rumors have been put to rest - the vibe is totally positive and everyone I talked to is excited about it! I hear people saying that they are trying to attend if they get their car done - I'm thinking this inagural event is a must attend, walk in if you have to. There will be some very nice cars in attendance!!

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

On the Rodders Journal web site,

http://www.roddersjournal.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=58

A lot of nice cars are already registered and are going to be there. Ryan is going to be there in his new Buick ... along with his friend Norm Jones in his new Buick also.

[​IMG]

Jack Chisenhall will be there ( From Texas ) in his Studebaker.

[​IMG]

So-Cal Speed Shop streamliner recreation is also scheduled to the there

[​IMG]

I just cannot wait to drive into Pimlico and see all these folks and their great cars and be a part of this event.

:)

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

It would be nice if HAMB members could have their own parking area!

11. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Yes that would be pretty cool.

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Ryan has PULL with TRJ ...
    and he is planning on being in Baltimore ... so who knows ...

MAYBE it will happen.
    :)

13. I'll be there Sat as a spectator.

14. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Just pre-registered---be there Sat & Sun:D:D:D

15. Clark

Clark

I bet half of the guys that will be there are on the HAMB...if not more.
    Clark

16. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Maybe they should have "special parking" for the non-HAMB guys? Haa haa

17. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I'm also planning to make it on Saturday to spectate.

18. .....You're probably right, Clark, maybe even MORE than half.:).................Don.

19. Skobie

Skobie
    from Philly

Watching the weather :eek: but planning on Saturday....

20. Curt Six

Curt Six

Not a bad idea. The way that the infield at Pimlico is laid out, there are a network of paved roads that wind around with no real rhyme or reason. What we think is cool about that is that it gives you some place to drive and it also breaks up the expansive grassy areas (the infield is over 25 acres - and the area on the attached map just shows the infield - the track property extends for acres in every direction). We want to keep parking loose and free-flowing so that there's no real strict parking grid and people don't feel like they have to stay in one spot all day long.

With that in mind, rather than coning off a specific area on the field and officially reserving it for HAMB members, we thought we could show you our site map and the general layout and indicate an area that guys from the HAMB can aim for if they'd like. Take a look at the attached - the area marked "HAMB parking" is just off the paved path to the left when you come through the entrant gate and cross over the track. Again, we're not going to put any restrictions on who parks there, but if you guys want to fill in those spaces first, you're welcome to do it. It sounds like there are a lot of guys on here that are coming, so chances are you will be seeing a lot of HAMB tags and stickers as you walk around like Clark said.

See you this weekend.
    Curt

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  21. pitman

pitman

Good way to accomodate the gang.

22. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Way to go Curt Six!!!!:D:D and THANK YOU!

Hey guys,I won't be rollin in till Sat morning----Hope the HAMB area still has room for me!!!

23. wally426ci

wally426ci

I'm excited for this show. Can't wait! I'll be parking outside and walking in since I won't be able to stay all day on Saturday.

24. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Although,it would have been more fitting if the HAMB parking was near the BEER truck ha ha ha he he:eek::D

25. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Glad to see that people are going, Gonna be a great weekend.

26. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Might not be great weather:mad:

27. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Rain or shine, I will be there......No trailer queens here

28. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

None here either:D

29. Rain will scare the riff-raff away. :)

See y'all there.

30. Bart is heading South tomorrow morning in the X-country roadster(VT-LARS & VT-Bonneville
    this year) with Bill in the Vermont Roadsters Delivery.
    Say hey if ya see them.

Attached Files: