Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just around the corner... Last chance Car Show (Welland, ON)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Glass_Packs, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Well it's that time of year... on Sunday September 27, 2009 we (Street Machines Unlimited) are hosting our 29th annual Last Chance Car Show in Welland, Ontario (Canada). It is located at the Niagara Regional Exhibition Grounds (1100 Niagara Street, Welland, ON - for those who use Mapquest :D) and goes from 9am to 4pm ~ rain or shine. Dash plaques for the 1st 500 registrations, with the proceeds going towards Tender wishes.

To enter the show, at the door is $10, swap meet vendors are $10 (10x20 space), and spectators are $5. For the past few years we've have GREAT turnouts, last year there were over 500 cars, around 50 swap meet vendors, and lots of spectators. Here's a copy of the flyer:

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    Tom

2. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Bump for the weekend crowd.

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

3. Hey.....you know of a guy named Albert Atkinson? Owner of a radiator repair place.I sold him my 40 Olds coupe a long time ago and wondered what ever happened to it. It was my beater that I drove until I got tired of it and wanted something else. It was a hurtin unit that needed an entire overhaul! White with gray primer and a black NOS fender on it......

4. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

The last name rings a bell but not the first. How long ago did you sell the '40 Olds? I can't remember seeing it around, just wondering if it was before my time!

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

5. Miss_Hot_Rod_Queen

Miss_Hot_Rod_Queen

I'll be there!! Hope to see some of you around!

6. Miss_Hot_Rod_Queen

Miss_Hot_Rod_Queen

Did he own Al's Rad in Niagara Falls?

7. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Cool... hopefully the weather cooperates again this year!

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

8. Radiator Factory I think....in Welland.

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

Do you have any more shirts from a few years ago with the front of a 34 and crossed checkered flags behind it? Saw one at Carlisle and it jumped out at me.

10. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Hey scarylarry,

I don't think we have anymore of the 2006 t-shirts, but I can do one better:

[​IMG]

You can see you're not the only one that liked it! :D And FYI, there were two different styles for the 2006 t-shirts, one with the "cock-eyed picture taped on the wall" look and one without.

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

11. scarylarry

scarylarry

Yeah, I've "liked" it since 2004 when Curt Six here on the HAMB did the design for the Jalopy Showdown. You should pat somebody on the back for lifting nice work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

13. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

WOW... 2006 was the only year we didn't go with our club cars or local cars for inspiration (our car club logo is a '34 Ford). I don't know where one of our members got the design, but it does look very similar to Curt Six's artwork. I can honestly say our artwork could of been inspired by that artwork, but not copied. Both artworks have checkered flags, but two different styles. Both have ovals in the center, but both are different. And although the two have two Fords, ours is a '34 Ford coupe (based around our car club car for 29 years) and the other is a '32 Ford highboy. Since 2006 we've gone back to our usual artist and have been using local cars for inspiration.

On an off note - even with cloudy weather in the morning, two downpours at noon, and sun at the end of the show, we still had a great 29th year. Thanks to those who participated we had over 350 cars with the funds raised will go to our local charity - Tender Wishes. Thanks to all those who came; see you at the 30th!

Tom - Glass_Packs

14. scarylarry

scarylarry

Ahhhh, O.K. I'm finished with it. No big deal.

15. ol Racer

ol Racer
    from McKean, Pa

Hello,

When is Welland's Last Campout Show Date for 2012, This wknd or next?

Thanks

16. Davyj

Davyj

Last Chance car show will be Sun Sept 30, The weather should be good and there should be a fantastic turn out.32nd anniversary, so I shall bring a 32.............Still $10 for car, driver and a passenger. $ 5 for spectator, $10 for Swap meet space..............

17. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Thanks for the bump guys, Davyj is right on the info:

Last Chance Car Show & Swap Meet
    Sunday, September 30 (2012)
    Niagara Regional Exhibition Grounds
    - 1100 Niagara Street N, Welland, Ontario - Canada -
    Registration starts @ 9:00 am, goody bags for the 1st 500 cars

$10 to enter (includes car, driver + passenger)
    $10 to vend in the swap meet (10'x20' spot)
    $5 for spectators

It's all for a good cause, with the proceeds helping a local charity - Tender Wishes. Just a word of warning, there is construction currently going on Niagara Street & Woodlawn - it might be best to come down hwy 406, turn onto Merritt street, then left onto Niagara Street (you'll see the fairgrounds are on the corner of Merritt & Niagara Street).

Thanks and hope to see you there!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

18. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Forgot this year's flyer, here you go:

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

19. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Last minute bump.

Thanks!