Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for Carson Top in So Cal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tattedkat, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Looking for Someone Who Has One Adaptable, or Someone in So Cal Who Can Help Me Build One. Want One For My 40' Chevy Coupe. Any Leads or Contacts Appreciated. I Will Pay Compensation $ to Someone willing to Help Build. Thank You.
    Rich

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

If your looking to do one youself there are a few threads on how people of done theirs on here. They are not to difficult to do. If you have access to a welder and a conduit bender you can do one. Might waste a few pieces on conduit getting your bends right but not too difficult.. Dick Deans old shop which his son runs now has the fiberglass tops that are usually on the mercs and stuff, ive seen them trimmed down to fit other applications.

3. Try this guy (310) 644-3077. He used to have a small shop at the end of the Hawthorne Airport (Santy's Auto Upholstry). I haven't needed to use him in years but he used to be into customs. His work was good and reasonable and I assume it still is the same.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

4. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

I was at the Cruisin For A Cure car show today and saw a pretty nice Carson top on a shoebox. The owner said it was done by Dick Dean's son; you can probably track him down.

5. Cool. Anyone Know Anyone Else?

6. Another vote for Santy. He's an old friend and did the interior in my 52 2 years ago. Excellent work and reasonable pricing. He just moved to a new shop on 115th and Hawthorne blvd. Its about 7 blocks from his old place. Call him

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app