Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming home party in N.C. w/ the IRON LORDS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colville, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Colville

Colville

Closer, Closer... Its getting closer!!

2. Colville

Colville

By the way... Not only are the Straight 8's playing. My little brother will be playing Bluegrass along with his band from Boone, NC.

3. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Welcome Back! I did KAndahar in 09-10 and my buddy John, "Buff" here on the HAMB, gets back from Bahgram next week. I'll try to bring him down for the show.

4. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Loves me some bluegrass.

5. Colville

Colville

Sound good!

Im sure you will enjoy it :)

6. If I can find somebody to roll with me from Winston I would love to come down. I havent made a trip that far from home yet in my 48.

7. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

touch base with me later this week. I'm headed to asheville mid week to finish up a 40 i've been working on for ages. hoping to make it down, just not sure if I'm heading out from asheville or mount airy

8. Plan on making it will be rolling in with motoandy and THANKS for what you and all those over their do.

9. Thanks for your service!! I did 11 years 8 months and 3 days in the USAF. I do miss it. Did 2 stints in Afghanistan(Bagram '04, FOB Dwyer '09) and 1 in Iraq(BIAP '07-'08) We're all pulling for ya! Praying for a safe flight home for you. What's your AFSC? I was a CE dirtboy. Last 3 years in RED HORSE at Malmstrom.

10. murph

murph

Weather forecast is looking pretty darn good for Saturday. Looking forward to rolling to the show, rocking out, and having a great time with everyone. T-minus five days and counting!

-murph

304x4 "Dirt Rat" '81-'85

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  11. hotdamn

hotdamn

gotta find us a big comfy chair for mama to chill in this week!!!

12. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Looks like I wont make it. Still got my motor hanging on the hoist. I got over2K in parts and machine work in it and now it looks like it will never get back together. Ohh well.

Hate to miss this so i will drink a brew here at the homestead and send you a prost.

13. Colville

Colville

Dang I cant believe you did 11 years and got out? Only 9 more and you'd be retired! Im at 11years now myself. My AFSC is Aircraft Structural Maintenance, or fabrication on aircraft. Made it home safe and all good, thanks!

Hell yeah man! Looks like it should be nice! Rain or shine this will be a good time. I have been at the Iron Lords shop with it raining cats and dogs and still had a blast. Looking forward to it no matter what! Cant wait to see you Mark!

I really appreciate it Delton :) It doesnt have to be anything crazy, just something she can sit in and maybe something from the shop she can put her feet up if need be :) You're the man!

Hate to hear you wont make it, hope the best for your motor!

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ron? Mind bringing that one you have? Ya know the solid gold one. :D:D:D

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I should say, I don't actually think it's solid gold but it should be if not.

16. Man, I'm ready for Saturday!!

BloodyKnuckles

17. Raise a Solo of Cheerwine for me when toasting Cole & Mrs. Cole!

See you in October!

18. Colville

Colville

Me and you both!!! Weather looks like its going to be awesome!!!

Thanks Brett! We'll miss you!

19. Colville

Colville

View attachment 1746104

Party will be postponed till a later date. My son heard me talking about hot rods and good tunes while he was in my wife's tummy and decided he needed to see what all the fuss was about. This will happen at a later date so be on the lookout. I wanna see everyone there!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. el shad

el shad

Colville,
    Thank you for my freedom, Sir!

Congrats on your son!!!

21. murph

murph

Congratz, Cole!

Hotrods are one thing, but you are about to go for the ride of your life! ;-)

Best of luck, keep us posted, and let us know when you start thinking about a rain-date.

All the best,
    -murph

22. Congrats, Cole! I was wondering about the little one's "schedule" and it seemed to be really close to "time". I'm glad all is well!

I'll give you the same advice I gave my brother when his daughter was born....DON'T BLINK! If you do, the next thing you know, she'll (in your case, "he'll") be asking for the keys to the car! As me how I know......

Sorry the festivities are on hold....then again, I'm not! Maybe I can make the rescheduled event! October???? GoodGuys????? Sign me up!

23. Colville

Colville

Here they are... My beautiful wife and son, Austin Duke Griffith.

She did the birth all natural, definitely a complete bad ass!

[​IMG]

24. Congrats on both the new child and coming home!!

25. Congratulations Cole.

Enjoy these experiences. They go by so fast.

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

THEE IRON LORDS WILL STILL BE HAVING A OPEN HOUSE WELCOMING PARTY FOR ALL THOSE THAT WANT TO STOP BY TOMORROW EVENING. So stop on by!!!!!!!!!! We'll kick it and have some fun.

Cole AND AUSTIN's (his new baby boy) coming home party will be the weekend of Goodguys South Eastern Nationals which is the 26th of October so keep your eyes peeled for more news about that.

We the Iron Lords are not the least bit sad that the party tomorrow has changed a bit because we are even more ecstatic to welcome his new baby into this world and glad that momma and him are doing well. We're excited Austin can come to the party now in Oct!!!!

27. Congratulations Cole and Austin! We will see the rest of you Saturday!

PLACE:
    IRON LORDS CC SHOP 606 Church st. Concord, NC

TIME:
    SATURDAY EVENING ABOUT 6:00pm SEPTEMBER 22, 2012

28. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Congrats Cole. Dont put a wrench in his hand till he is atleast 2 or 3 weeks LOL.

29. BTTT

Friday, October 26! Be there!