Register now to get rid of these ads!

Im BANG'n ese!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MATACONCEPTS, Jun 4, 2012.

1. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Dont worry y'all, I had a backup Rod for work last week.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. corpsewheelie

corpsewheelie

best of luck with it
    [​IMG]

3. I can't figure out why your wife's Honda is relevant here.
    Nor can I figure out why you started banging Holmes and Ese.

4. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Huh, sorry about that, I drove my 26 Tudor "T" for seveal years staight, but sold it in the beginning of the year & started driving this "A" a few months after, but in between time I had to drive my wife's Honda which we ended up retiring to the gov. for $1500. My civilian car is a 68 chevelle but I wreaked that on 1/3/2012 which I am now changing the frame on.

Im BANG'n ese!!! Translation - "Im driving a Model A 4-cylinder, which goes, "Bang, bang, bang" when running, Dude!!"

5. Thanks for clearing that up.

For a second or two, I was thinking you west coast guys started calling the chocha Honda and letting Ese have the pinga.

6. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

"There's quite a bit of liquid dripping"

"Water or Oil"?

"Yeah, it looks like water"

"It has to make room, I just filled it up before I left"

This morning on the way to work, that what some guy was telling me. People notice everything going on on the outside, it's all out there in the open, people check it out hard. It's an orgininal Model A driving hard down Beach Blvd. with the morning commute but with a typical aggresive LA pace, sounding like a P52 mustang. Yeah your gonna call me a punk driver, well maybe not, it is an orgininal Model A driving hard down Beach Blvd. with the morning commute but with a typical aggresive LA pace, sounding like a P52 mustang!!! But most ALL people are eger to get involved, help in any way posible. Last sunday two guys offered, well insisted to help push it home, a good mile, when the head gasket blew, I said, "All right than, I'll give you guys a ride back in the roadster, it's a BIGGER HotRod":cool:

My wife tells them, "Here, Let me take the pix for you". They also video the whole trip home with there phones, both of them

Attached Files:

7. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Still 4Banging. If anyone gives a shit. I going on my 4th month now daily driving a Model A. It can be done. Today I'm gonna make time to put some wiring to the lights, it's starting to get dark early now.

8. sounds like your doing good. move to a place where it snows and rains and i would be impressed.:)

9. There is an old man in the Bakersfield model a club who used to drive his model A from Bakersfield all the way to Edwards Air Force Base everyday for 15 years Before he finally retired...... It's all about how you drive them and maintenance them.

10. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

So true. I drive it hard just not all out fast for a long duration. On a stock radiator, you have too fill it up daily or trust that there's enough space for expansion.

11. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

she just divorced tom cruise

12. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Driving a Model A can be so calming. Well, if you got a lot of shit going on in life. Gets your mind off things. 16 year old that lives with his mom & now trys to be the same BITCH!!!!

I drive home from work 15miles north, Go pick up my 3 year old 4miles east, then 15miles west to go see my 16 year old. The Model A drives like a Champ, amost flawless, the radiator is leaking alot more now. I got to fill it up every time I park for awhile & take off again. But good thing Im packing a Rod, Im was able to stop by a car show in Alhambra & my 3 year old loves cars, he's the godd one.

And some say driving an old car can be stressfull, . . . . . ??? In some cases, it's quite the opposite.

13. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

HOLMS

Accually "HOMES", which is short for Homeboy but with a vato accent to it.

In perspective, if you were a vato, gang banging & ran across your buddies and they were to ask you what you were doing, you would reply, "I'm Banging Holms"!!!

14. Oh, so close, but Worng

"Holmes" (L is not silent) is the correct pronunciation which has a history of being used equivalently with, "dude", "guy", "man" or similar non-familiar alternatives not in the third person.

It was made popular in late 60s East Coast slang, as well as in San Francisco with the Black Movement, and then later devolved into, "homes" (silent L) at which point it was incorrectly assumed to be short for, "homeboy". But in reality was just lazy speaking. In the 60's you heard it said more by Blacks than Mexicans.

"Homeboy" is typically expressed as a familiar, friendly term often in the third person.

Unlike homeboy, holmes can be used in a variety of ways to denote friendship, aggressiveness, or dubious curiousity.
    "S'up Holmes"

Ese on the other hand is pretty much used exclusively by Hispanics, especially The Mexican Gangs of So Cal. You won't find it used much in conversation of Latinos in other parts of the country, again, outside of gang life.

15. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Nice!!!!

Wait, you were busting my balls earlier & you knew better than me??? You Dick!

16. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Note Y'all: Periodically ReTorqe the Head Bolts. I did it last weekend & boy did it need it. The first engine blew the head gasket and now I know why, I never retorqed. This one I retorqed before ever starting, retorqed after one week, & retorqed last week.

Come to think of it, the old engine might even run good again if I retorqe it??? It did get me home.

17. That's Mr. Dick to you [​IMG]

18. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

DUDE!!! I hella want to try a Model A banger now in my Coupe!!

I'll have see if I can't find one locally.... :)

19. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Man, this kid is the Poster Child for "Drive It Like You Can Fix It!" Love it...

Fearless

20. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

I get that totally. In your parts scrounging/trading if you can come up with a lightened flywheel and V8 clutch, you'll suddenly be able to shift a lot more rapidly. Completely changes the character of the car.

Fearless

21. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

6 months ago is the first time I even concidered the 4 Banger. Im a V8 guy, so I thought. Now I love it & wouldn't think of changing it, well maybe an Olds of Caddy V8 would be nice, but the 4 Banger is very user friendly & a lot cheaper & even a lot more available.

22. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I was just admiring the construction of my stock Model A this morning on the way to work. How the rearend is connectted to the short trans then to that small, lite 4 banger then the frame is attached to that assembly. My A seems to be pretty zippy & handles quite well for an 82 year old, for what seem almost stock Model A. It does have 94carb, tube header/intake, 12v, 16" "somewhat" better wheels & drop axle.

2 days ago I was moving this 54 Olds rocket V8 with beutiful chrome valve covers the say "OLDSMOBILE ROCKET", & 2 4bangers into the garage, we finally got rain this year in SoCal. When moving those I notice how almost a 3 to 1 weight comparison between the 2 two. That Olds sitting there looks good, its painted white with those chome ROCKET valce covers. What do you guys think, should I give my coupe a BOOB job?

TorqueTubes have there place. When that gets eliminated, the connection between the engine/trans & rear suspension take all the torque. You change the cars whole dynamics.

23. manyolcars

manyolcars

I'm using a fully synchronized 3 speed with overdrive on my Model A
    It shifts good

24. seatex

seatex

in the ese?:rolleyes:

25. MATA,

I feel your kanundrum! I'm a died-in-the-wool SBC dude, but I'm thinking really hard on this one. Before I got my A Tudor, I knew that if I ever owned an A, it would be SBC-powered. Now, I have a relatively recent rebuilt banger, and I'm SERIOUSLY trying to justify NOT swaping powerplants. I guess time (and my wallet) will tell.....

26. seatex

seatex

bangers are super sweet, but man, you'd better cover up that rocket motor where you can't see it, or just cave in and start turnin' wrenches!:cool:

27. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

That is funny

28. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Man I love your car. Saw it in the classifieds. Good luck with the sale. Too bad you have to let it go.

29. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Im BANG'n right into POLES!!!! SHit!!! Dont Ask.:( But here's a pretty girl too :D

Attached Files:

30. I know you said don't ask but it has to be done!!!! What the hell did you do?!?!?!

I guess shit happens when you daily drive your pride and joy. :(