Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration "Before I die,I want to.......(car related only PLEASE!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Sep 24, 2009.

1. nutajunka

nutajunka

Find a hamb friendly car that doesn't cost more than a newer everyday driver.

2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Pretty easy car-related bucket list for me too .

1)Drive to Bonneville in a hot rod I built with my own , filthy hands
    2)Do a route 66 trip - also in a hot rod I built

Both would invole pretty much seat time , as I'm an east-coaster , but what the hell - I'll get all the rest I need when I'm dead !

Now I'd better get off my ass & finish my car , lol !!

3. moefuzz

moefuzz

...be the 513th person to post in this thread

4. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Meet moefuzz's avatar! Jim

5. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I've got all I need, done things in my life that none of my friends can say they've done, had some real adventures. If he hadn't come along I could say without reservation that I had been there and done that, and if it was my time I wouldn't exactly go kicking and screaming. I had a complete life in my own eyes.

Cheytan was a whole new experience, a whole new set of responsibilities. I've never excelled at anything, really, but I knew how to live off the land if I needed to, knew how to fix what needed fixing, make what needed making. This kid is SOOOOOO much more intelligent than his old man, leaving him without some kind of guidance would be doing an injustice to the planet. He's going to be something special, mark my words. I just want to impart unto him the things that I've been fortunate enough to have learned, and show him that this world is so much bigger than just his neighborhood. Then maybe he'll set out to do some good, maybe change the world. All I can do is try, and hope. Nobody lives forever, and every day is a gift. The greatest thing we can do with our gift of "just one more day" is leave a footprint in the oil for our sons and daughters to find tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday, all.

6. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Side note to my previous post;

Took him by the shop today to check on the tire size for the Chevy, since that's about all that's keeping me from driving it.
    He asks "Daddy, are we gonna drive it? Ever?"
    (He's been going to the shop with me once in a while for two months now, and doesn't really ask too many questions as I tinker. He just watches intently.)
    I kinda laughed and said "Sure, buddy. Just as soon as it's ready."
    I got a mental image of he and I in the four-door hot rod, a pair of Alice packs in the back, windows down and him pointing at things we were passing.
    And I added "We're gonna drive the wheels off it."
    He then asks in a rather puzzled tone "Daddy, is that your car?"
    "It is for a little while, buddy. Just for a little while." ;)

Attached Files:

7. i want to go with you guys.

8. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

C'mon! Man, that WOULD rock. A whole CONVOY of hot rods wagon-training coast to coast and back. Planned destinations, desert camping, ghost towns, etc. Two weeks with no technology, strictly "roughing it"... Old cars, hand tools, and road maps. The way it USED to be done. You think many folks would go for it? I'm planning the father-son thing for circa seven years from now (give or take), but I'm up for an adventure... And I ain't skeeeeeered. :cool:

9. wsdad

wsdad

"Before I die,I want to......."

Swerve

(in time to keep from dying.):D

10. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Go 200 MPH on land

11. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

Find the perfect project. One that never stops challenging me, boring me, never tempts me to cut corners, never frustrates me for being unfinished and never ends. Eternal fabrication.

12. Model T1

Model T1

All of the above from the beginning of this thread.

But if I can only do one thing it's what RagtopBuick said but me in the old 39 Ford coupe with my youngest who is nearly 23 and a real hotrodder in his own right. :D

13. godswill

godswill
    from san jose

want to to drive to bonneville an make a pass. doesnt matter if its on a souped up barstool. also want to do the power tour from start to finish.

14. Drop the clutch and blaze the hides all the way to the lights in a front motored top fuel car!

15. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

Take a month off an do route 66 with my son in a couple early hemi powered 26-27 t roadsters.

16. See Andy Frost set an even faster time for the World's Fastest Street Car on American soil.

Or see more American cars visiting the UK.

17. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Rt 66 start to finish.

Cruise to Waltons Mountain....

Cruise to Mayberry.

DO the HotRod power Tour.

Experience Bonneville salt flats. perhaps make a pass.

Cruise to Alaska and see the Northern Lights.

All with Donna at my side.!

18. Meet Bad Bob...wait! I already did on the Salt this year!....
    BTW, this thread was started in '09.

19. fiddychevy

fiddychevy
    from pa

My list is too long, therefore ihave decided i'm just not gonna die. It's as simple as that.

20. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Own a nice 3 window Ford and outrun the cops

21. 8flat

8flat

Hit the salt. Pass a few hotrods down to my kids/grandkids...assuming they can drive them in the year 2040...

22. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Go to Bonneville Salt Flats

23. 343w

343w

Finish my 32 tudor, 53 victoria, and triumph bobber, all retirement projects but I might not live long enough.......

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man, I wanna come too!!

I have done Brisbane-Sydney-Melbourne-Perth and back in my old 38 Coupe, damn that thing has done some miles!! Didn't even know what a GPS was then! The Army taught me how to live out there with a map and compass and I'll never be lost!(I hope!:rolleyes:)

Doc.

25. Well I no doubt have already posted on this thread but I have been giving ity some thought. Given the time and funds that I have as well as my physical condition, if there is anything that I wanted to do that I have not done it probably is not going to happen.

So instead of a bucket list I am keeping a fast car or motor cycle around so that when it comes time to check out I can do it on my own terms.

26. Meet Rocky in Bonneville....oh yea,I did this year! haha
    (couldn't resist)

27. fuckin a...somwhere I got a photo of us at B'ville...hangin at the Nugget.

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I want to watch Herbie with Lindsey Lohan sitting on my lap giving me a running commentary.

29. If Lindsy was any were near my lap should not be able to give me commentary, its not polite to talk with your mouth full. :D