Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have always heard of this place

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bart78, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Bart78

Bart78

Did you ever get the 34? If they are from around here I might know them or someone I know might.

2. texkbc

texkbc

Yes I got the 34 , it was near my home in Tolar.

3. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Geez, let me know if this guy decides to start selling stuff off...

4. Bart78

Bart78

That's cool I looked at the pics looked like it cleaned up prety good.

5. Bart78

Bart78

We find a bunch of cars around here when we go hog hunting. We get to go on to places that we normaly dont go on. Get to see all kninds of cars.

6. hunter1111

hunter1111

Im from stephenville.... I would love to check this place out if at all possible. Bart- pm me.

7. harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Bart78, you may have already revealed too much info. People will start trying to contact the guy.
    John

8. Bart78

Bart78

With it raining all weekend we did not go. The guy I know talked to him and he said he might be willing to sell stuff. He said most of it is prety rotten. And priced some stuff and from what he said he don't want to sell.

9. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

When I went to college in Stephenville I spent my weekends roaming the dirt roads for cars. This isn't the place that belongs to the guy that owns/runs the Auto parts store in Deleon is it? I think his place was near Gorman. I knew an old man in town named Galen Godwin, he showed me quite a few hidden stashes of cars, but never a large collection near Dublin. Looking forward to the pictures.

10. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

How did I know that was going to happen ?

11. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Here's the place I've gone to a couple times. Bought an engine from the guy, he didn't seem too old, and I don't remember him having a son... His daughter was hard to forget though.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. Bart78

Bart78

Is this the place near Gorman?

13. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Yes it is, My brother bought a 235 from him and he took us out there. He went around back while we waited and drug out a 4dr '61 sedan and let us pull the engine on the spot. Once it was loose he started pulling it out with the boom on his tow truck, the crank bolt got hung on the core support and before we could say anything the bolt holding the engine snapped and the broke piece flew and hit the guy square in the chest. Felt bad about that after all the trouble he went to for a couple of punk kids.

14. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

These them? If it is, it looks pretty picked of any early stuff

Stephenville cars..jpg

Scotty.

15. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

I live in Tolar myself and i know alot of the old ranchers out here and i know where alot of little gold mines are..... From Weatherford to Brownwood and all in between i have searched and hunted and it would make a Cali or any Yankee cry if they knew what i could get them for, and no i dont trade livestock but lead spitters that make lots of noise works alot better.

16. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I tried doing a GoogleMaps.Com for both the Stehenville and Dublin areas. Did'nt find it, I was just curious. But, there sure are a LOT of cemeteries in those areas, and every town has a municipal airport. Butch/56sedandelivery.

17. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

How did I know that I would reach the end of this thread and not see a damn thing...........

18. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

This sounds like a story that happened here in Belgium.
    After WWII there where alot of US and Canadian military bases here.
    Most off the Service man had there family and cars overhere.
    There was a man that had a garage and whas specialized in us cars.
    When the bases got closed, he bought all the cars he could.
    He did had not space to store them so he put them on land he owns.
    when the man was old, he start to sell some things.
    He got sick and could not leave the house anymore.
    When you wanted to buy something he askt to show what you had found and his prices where reasonable.(i bought a hudson backwindow for 80euro)
    But the places also get ripped by alot off people!!!
    The man passed away and now anything is cleaned up.
    Still i think its a sad storry and this one reminds me on it!!
    Like said before, i would be carefull and try to respect the owners!!
    my 2 cent....
    Chico

Attached Files:

19. Drew.Morris

Drew.Morris

My uncle lived in Dublin when I was a kid. He took me to a local man's house that had lots of cars and all kinds of farm equipment. We got some parts from him for my uncles case tractor. He would sell parts to the locals. It was really neat. He showed me a model a pickup that belong to his father. It was under a leantoo shed. He said it hadn't been move since his father passed away. That was in the late 80s when I was there.
    Drew
    Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

20. Did you ever get to go to the yard? HRP

21. Drew.Morris

Drew.Morris

Yes I got to walk around the yard and look around. I was only 16 years old then so my taste in cars have changed a lot. I remeber seeing a few Camaro's and Chevelle's but the model A truck stands out in my memory. It was setting under a shed just like it was parked yesterday I remember it having very low miles like 1500 or so becuase he told me to get in it and look at the speedo. He had a lot of farm equipment that he would sell parts off of. It's funny I was just thinking about this man the other day and I came across this thread. Small world.

Drew