Register now to get rid of these ads!

cool 57 corvette custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studefreak, Sep 16, 2012.

1. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Those Riv headlights just don't work, goodness they're just to garish and your eyes are drawn to them, to the detriment of the rest of the decent bodywork. Also, those taillights are just silly. That year of Corvette had beautiful taillights and the looks of this 'custom' is not enhanced by that silliness going on in the rear. Bodywork looks well down and is tasteful - the other stuff just doesn't work, as previous posters have commented - wheels/white letters? nope....

2. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

I think the front buick lights was an original idea and looks to be well done.
    Dont like the rear end treatment much.

This has too many modern touches, needs to be more of a vintage look, (which would also ease people's minds by letting them know this custom was done back in the day before early corvettes became too valuable to cut up).

3. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

I'm guessing it was a rescued hulk, probably stolen and smashed up in front, that is why the Riviera lights were grafted on. They are an interesting idea, but there needed to be something massive in back to counterbalance the look. Like a vertical stabilizer from a C-111 Mercedes (http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3200.asp?id=11583), or some other tail fin or appendage, maybe graft on a set of 1960 Imperial tails and lights. But he didn't call me and ask for suggestions.The third light is just a waste of body work time.

4. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

It looks well maintained and probably a blast to drive, making sure to wave to all my fellow 'vette "owners".

The fake soda pop in the first pic is more disturbing.

Three thumbs up!

5. Ruggie

Ruggie

This thread should be called how to fuck up a corvett.

6. richie rebel

richie rebel

yep,butt ass ugly

7. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

My eyes! My eyes!

Although the treatment for what appears to be the 3rd brake light is intriguing...

8. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

this probably made some people cry

9. Squablow

Squablow

I've looked it over again and I still like it. The non-period parts are hurting it, and I don't like how it's being displayed with the hood and doors open. But I don't see what's so ugly about it.

Corvettes are not sacred.

10. i still like it too, the wheels don't even bother me too bad. some different tires might be better. those bumper/tail lights look an awful lot like the 48 kaiser vagabons i've got for my merc.

11. forgot about the steering wheel. it sucks.

12. lol emailing those pics to my dad, he's been wanting an early corvette for years:D

13. Ruggie

Ruggie

I had another look and still PUKE!!

14. 61 chevy

61 chevy

thats gone be a hard sell one day

15. I hope they do! most of them are just a bunch of tight asses anyway.
    I kinda like it...

16. afaulk

afaulk

I'm definitely NOT a concours kind of guy, well thought out customs are cool. The styling of a 57 Vettes is timeless, for good reason. If that car was mine, I'd take a sawzall to it within two minutes of arrival in my shop. FUGLY is the keyword here! LOL

17. This P.O.S. just gives me another reason to dislike plastic Chevys!

18. I don't like it a bit. That said, hats off to the builder. That's a hell of a lot of work. Some real skills there. I'm sure the owner loves it.

19. Customs are a creation of an individuals idea.
    Not to my personal liking, but anyone who creates such a car..isn't about pleasing all of us.
    Skill was involved in carrying it out..I can appreciate that.

20. thesupersized

thesupersized

not a fan of the Riv headlights and the hood scoops, but i kind of do like the 56 ford parking light housings used as taillights, even the trunk scoop is not bad, i'd take out the third brake light, but its not terrible. Car definitely has potential to be cool...with a decent amount of work haha.

21. Bear-In-Aus

Bear-In-Aus
    from Australia

It's good to be different. If there's no change, the scene becomes stale! Although not my cup of tea, I appreciate the time and effort that's obviously gone into this car.

22. Once again, someone with skills has a bad idea.

23. Chopped 46 Ford

Chopped 46 Ford

yuck!!
    couldn't find the smiley gif that pukes.......

24. GREASER815

GREASER815

25. It sure doesn't work for me. Front end just looks out of proportion and the old fashion grille doesn't look right with ultra-modern headlights. I don't know, to each his own for sure.

26. cheveey57

cheveey57

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

27. TheDozer

TheDozer

Hey, look!
    It's a
    Rivette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28. I like it, but I'd change the color and the wheel/tire combo too.

29. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I'd love to own it,...so I could un-customize it! sadly. that would be a major undertaking.

The 56-57 bodystyle is my favorite and its painful to see one like this. To each his own I guess.