Register now to get rid of these ads!

The biggest rookie of them all

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by El Suavecito, Sep 17, 2012.

1. El Suavecito

El Suavecito

Hello, my name is Jesus, I am 20 years old, a full-time college student of Mexican descent and I was raised and currently living, in northern California. I have had a love for cars all my life. My interests have always been in American classics ranging anywhere from early 20th century classic restorations, to American muscle. My interest in hot rods and customs arose six years ago when i began high school. Before that my main interests were muscle cars but I became bored with the lack of creativity in muscle cars, compared to hot rods and customs. I began to look more and more into hot rod era vehicles and it's been my goal to own a hot rod or custom of my own ever since. Although I must admit, I've been an athlete my whole life and never actively attempted to learn how to work on cars. My father has been a welder/fabricator and 18-wheeler repairman for 16 years but has no interest in classic cars, let alone hot rods, like I do so it's been tough to convince him to help me out with a build. My goal is to have my first hot rod/custom be a 1949-50 shoebox. I would like to think that you all will not see me as a poser, but I'm sure some,if not many, might think so. I share just as much of a passion for hot rods as the next guy. I simply never had an example or a guiding hand to follow as far as learning how to work on cars myself, but I sure as hell don't plan on buying a car and not putting at least some work into it myself even if it means messing up horribly and having to try many times to get things right. I'm willing and ready to learn from you all on this forum and hope that if and when I buy my first project, I can get some tips from you all. Also, I try to get to as many car shows around northern california as possible to take photographs of cars and fancy them up with my editing program so if you happen to be at any shows around Sonoma County, chances are I have pictures of your car, in case you want some cool shots of your ride. If anyone in my area wants a photoshoot of their car for close to nothing or for free, just email me, [email protected]. Thanks to whoever read my rant. have a good one

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Welcome and Enjoy the HAMB

3. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome rookie. No matter what the hobby we all had to start at the beginning. Have fun here and good luck. Great intro!
    I'll almost bet if you find that shoebox Ford and start workin on it your dad will be right there lending a hand and giving advice.
    If not,you'll find plenty of ideas and advice right here.

4. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Welcome from Florida... :D

5. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Welcome.

Great introduction.

Save up a little money and find you a running project. Drive it, tinker with it, learn from it. Don't wait on the perfect car or for someone to hold your hand. Dig in.

You came to the right place for assistance. There is unlimited knowledge on this site and the members that have it do not mind helping someone with your attitude. Read several thousand posts and you will agree.

6. FF SIX ONE

FF SIX ONE

Welcome from Texas Jesus. If you're willing to do it, you got alot of knowledge on the H.A.M.B and good people.

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Jesus: Now that was a great introduction and welcome from the west coast of Florida.

You have come to the right place if you want learn and get experience on building cars.

The site is full of people just like yourself who have a deep love for old cars.

Best Regards Jimbo

8. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio