Register now to get rid of these ads!

jack whitby ford's 427 F100 TODAY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Sep 16, 2012.

1. skidmarks

skidmarks
    from USA

Some of the east coast people will recognize this truck from other shows and the history from cecill county dragway . These pictures were from today at the Hagley museum DuPont powder works car show. A true survivor. This truck at one time also ran a B&M hydro behind the 427 now has a C6

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Very cool, I didn't know it still existed. I see that someone hacked the dash in the 1970s for a radio, though.

3. Garbz

Garbz

The radio was installed in 1964 by the owner when he recieved it from Whitby. Bill still owns it to today. did you see the old guy with the cane near it? It was parked in 65 and uncovered in the links pictures by members of the slick 60s club mid atlantic chapter. Bill ran a 427 Cammer in it after breaking many wedges and the B&M due to his disability in pushing the clutch.

Garbz

Here is a little history.

http://f-100xl.info/

4. Cleaveland Steel and Tube ???

How about Dearborn Steel Tubing.....

Yes they offered conversions but to the best of my and others knowledge there were no other trucks built like this at DST.

5. "What elses did they build?"

Thunderbolts, '62 Lightweight Galaxies, Brannan & Bonner's '64 AFX Falcons, the first '65 AFX Mustang among many more. Basically they were Ford's "skunk works" for their racing program in the early to mid 60's.

The truck was originally ran out of Stu Wilson Ford in Michigan before Friendly Ford in DE. ended up with it. "Skinny" Fusche drove the truck at Indy in '64. He was a DST employee.

6. truckrod

truckrod
    from akron,ohio

That is the coolest truck i've ever seen!

7. As an owner of an F-100, and as someone who's proud of work he performed on a land racing Unibody, this is in my opinion the most badass execution of an F-100 bar none.

Add to it the history, preservation, and you have something that is unmatched.

Never get tired of the F-100XL

Thanks for sharing the current pics.

8. LennyFreebern

LennyFreebern

Here's a couple of essentially day one pics to round out your pic collection.

Len

Attached Files: