Register now to get rid of these ads!

Angel Hair!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tikiwagon, Sep 18, 2012.

1. tikiwagon

tikiwagon

Okay stupid question,Where can i get angel hair from or is there a moden alternative like the cobweb type stuff you can get at halloween but ineed a lot for displaying round a whole car

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

the stuff they all use today is not the stuff used back in the 60's. Today is some kind of polyester batting. Back when, they used to use fiberglass strands, the same kind you used to use in fish tank filters. Long single strands bunched together. Itchy as all hell, too!

3. flathead4d

flathead4d

Try one of those craft stores like Michaels, etc. Or wait until the Christmas stuff comes out. Usually see it then.

4. doesn't it get into everything when you come to a stoplight?

5. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

6. msalamanca

msalamanca

I am not sure how your guys are with fabric districts in the UK, or upolsterory areas. Here in Santa Ana Ca you can get everything ya need in the fabric district

7. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

is this the stuff?

Attached Files:

8. tikiwagon

tikiwagon

Although i live in the UK i will be out next month and will be staying near santa ana (irvine) what shops stock this in large quantities?

9. tikiwagon

tikiwagon

Any Shops in LA area that might have this stuff?

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have been trying to buy large qtys of angel hair for years (decades) with no luck. the mfgr was a company called union wadding co I believe they were in NJ. I called them prolly 15-20 years ago and you would have thought I was trying to get national defense secrets. they would not sell it to me or tell me where to get in large qtys. I finally bought 400 dollars worth of the small packs at christmas time and that didnt even fill a small kitchen trash bag...ended up using it very thin at the car show. let me know if you find bulk qtys of it. good luck

11. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember that it became a banned substance. It was itchy as hell and a real mess to clean up after a car show.

12. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Looks good to me!:D

13. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Simple, From an Angel

14. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Garment district in Downtown LA has a lot to choose from. Although it's more like troll doll hair and not "real" angel hair.... but it's what most peple use hese days and call it angel hair.

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so are there any contacts people can give to try to order some online or over the phone?

16. I was at a Jo-Anns fabric store last weekend looking for lace to use on a set of mc tins, and they had some there. If I remember right, they even had a couple colors. Not quite as 'hairy' as it could have been, but if I still had my Galaxie I'd have picked some up for the rear tray.

17. Yes, it is now a banned substance. It's illegal to shave angels now that they seem to be an endangered species. :rolleyes:

Also, avoid the new cheap substitutes like Zombie Hair. :mad:

18. A friend bought a very similar type of product in Walmart in the bath department - the stuff to cover your toilet seat and that little chunk on the floor to absorb urine.

19. You need to work on yer aim

20. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

Although i live in the UK i will be out next month and will be staying near santa ana (irvine) what shops stock this in large quantities?[/QUOTE]

so are there any contacts people can give to try to order some online or over the phone?[/QUOTE]

There is quite a few in Santa Ana as said before. Lots of little mom and pop shops as well as big suppliers. Give these guys a try.
    A1 foam and fabrics
    1812 S Main St
    Santa Ana, CA 92707
    (714) 835-1181
    http://www.a1foamandfabrics.com

21. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

fiberglass insulation