Register now to get rid of these ads!

1965 Falcon P/S center link

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcm65, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

I am going to convert my '64 wagon to power steering and using '65 parts. I've got everything steering wise from a '65 mustang with eaton powersteering. I know the steering input shaft on the box will be too long but I'll either cut it down or just run a mustang collumn.

Now the final problem befor I install all this is the '65 mustang center link is too wide apparently from what I've heard. Now this doesn't really make any sense to me as I will be using all of the other mustang stuff but whatever I'd hate to tear apairt the falcon and find out half way through I have the wrong center link.

So I need a 65 Falcon power steering center link as a '64 will not fit with the mustang parts (Falcon steering got completely redesigned near the end of 1964). Ive looked around and everybody only has the manual links. Anybody know of a place that has 'em?

2. The Mustang one is too wide, the "chassis" rails are a different width on the Falcon vs the Mustang. IF you know someone who is a really competent welder fabricator, you can narrow the Mustang one. But make sure they know what they are doing as a broken center link is Not a pretty thing.

3. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

i might get it narrowed if it comes down to that. Don do you know how much to narrow it?

4. I haven't done one in years. I believe it was 1" but wouldn't swear to it.
    maybe someone on here with a 65 can measure theirs