Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my 53 chevy 150

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DAVEO!, Apr 8, 2012.

1. yunkyarddog

yunkyarddog
    from S.L.C.

did you bagged the front end with stock spindles and drum brakes?

2. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

Thank you sir!!

yeah i bagged the stock front end im gonna swap disk brakes on it later still have the stock spindles

3. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Car looks rad bro! Keep up the great work!

4. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

thanks bro!!!

5. StayGold54

StayGold54

Looking good bro! Can't wait to see how those wheels look on your ride. Keep up the good work on it!

6. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

Thanks bro! cant wait either soon as i get the new tires for them im gonna throw them on still need to order the center caps

7. Louie T

Louie T
    from California

I'm thinking of throwing a set of those Cragar 69's on my 58 Caddy. What made you choose the six inch rim? I'm trying to decide on the size. I think those will look really good on your car.

8. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

well i wanted 15x5 but for some reason i wasnt able to find them 5inch wide so i went the next size up. i gonna run a set of 205/75/15 tire on her i might buy another set of rims and bias ply tires and throw them of when i feel like being classy :D

9. shifflett

shifflett

What caps are you gonna run?

10. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

gonna run the chrome bullet caps

11. shifflett

shifflett

Yea im sure you'll like them i ran spiders the only gripe i have with those wheels was when i put my lugs on the paint started coming off you cant see it with lugs on but still a little upsetting but i guess they were cheap

12. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

oh yeah. im gonna get the set where they slide in from behind the rim and just get the chrome lugs. i heard from a few people that the spider caps bolts dont really tighten up on them thats there biggest problem.

13. shifflett

shifflett

The spider caps i bought were different from the ones with the set screws it was just one piece and lug covers but i scraped those for bullet lugs i guess i bought the shitty spider caps looking back now i would have went the route your going

14. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

well finally got my lazy ass up and out in the garage test fitted the rims it dosnt look to bad... i kinda been on a stand still on parts so not alot has been going on i ordered the gas tank today so thats on its way gotta order my tires and the steel and i can finish the floors.

Attached Files:

15. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

well i been thinking and the hood was kinda bothering me i already tac welded the orig trim on and i was gonna blend it in with the hood ornament on. well it wasnt sitting well with me so i hacked all that crap off and took some round bar and ran it all the way down the hood to give it a little peak. just need to clean it up some and blend it all in

Attached Files:

16. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

What size rod you use?

17. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

I've got a 52 and was wanting to do the same thing to my hood. PLEASE, keep the pictures comming and how you're going about doing the peak on your hood.

Cool car by the way!

18. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

i used 3/16 rod.

thanks! ill keep the pictures coming for sure! no worrys ill get more in dept when i get back on the hood

19. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

pushed the 53 out today to give her alittle sun:D

Attached Files:

20. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

21. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

well not much hasnt happon to the chevy lately i been working on my pickup fixing a oil leak Damn fords are a POS! but i did get my new gas tank in now i just need to go pick up my steel to start building the floors and such. i have a few neat ideas for the fuel tank filler hose and such. just waiting for my pay check is all thats holding me back story of my life:(

Attached Files:

22. StayGold54

StayGold54

Looking good Daveo!! What kind of tank did ya get? I hear certain year mustangs are a good choice..if so, did u get the 16gal or the 22gal?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

i got a 65 mustang 16 Gal tank. price wise was pretty damn good didnt spend over 100bucks for this thing also came with a sending unit.

24. n847

n847

Oh snap gas tank in the house...You'll be burnning rubber in no time!

25. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

That my friend is very true!:D

26. chopperwolf

chopperwolf

Nice Daveo, I'm looking into the same tank. Curious to see what ideas you have for the filler neck.

27. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

my idea is to use the stock filler door. gonna get some stainless pipe and run it along the floor and up to the door. but thats just an idea right now

28. Yessiree, the 150 is a rare breed. I am working on one that will have "convert54's" 261 in it.

29. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

the look on the old timers when they see im cutting this car up is priceless. :D

30. chopperwolf

chopperwolf

Wow, I didn't know they were that rare. I guess I got lucky and found two of them.