Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1,200 pictures from the Old Marais River Run in Ottawa, KS (near Kansas City)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Revoh, Sep 16, 2012.

1. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Wow alot of nice cars,but on the other hand there were alot of nasty rat rods.

2. When you get 1,700 cars, you're going to get a little bit of everything.

3. this is true. but to be fair most of those "rat rods" has good clean welds, full floor pans, solid orginal frames or even tube frames.

nice pics and narrative by the way. you got way more then me. i ended up with 400 something

4. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

Great pics Craig, and it was a great show again. Wish I could have stayed for the cruise!

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Kool - Thanks. had a good time on my recent one day visit from California to Kansas City.

6. What a wide array of build styles. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

7. Thanks for the pics. Lots to see for sure. Brought my 3 and 6 year olds and spent lots of time on the playgrounds. Didn't even make it half way around the park.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Thanks. Yeah, we couldn't stay for the cruise either. This was my dad's first outing after heart valve surgery a few weeks ago, and it was about all he could take being there during the day. Still a good time, though--and I'm really glad he got to go with me. He was sure happy to get out of the house!

9. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

Thank you for posting the pictures. There great, i'm gona be there next year!

10. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I got there early and watched the parade of cars come by. Sure was a good way to do it.

11. It's definitely easier than walking around the whole thing. Cars drive around there all day, so even if you stay in one spot, there's always something to see.

12. JasonK

JasonK

My Daughter loved this car.

Attached Files:

• cpk.jpg
      cpk.jpg
      File size:
      46.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Had a great time...we were joking about bringing some signs next year for the persistant annoying cruisers (the guys standing on the throttle with a rusted '69 c10 long bed farm truck completely stock with no exhaust because it fell off). I got really, really tired of that crap. Oh, and just for fun the eye-burning rich idle with a stock engine crowd too.

"Not impressed"
    "Manifold Vaccum?"
    "Look at me!"

All bitching aside, there were some wicked cars there!

14. NEALS49

NEALS49

Great group of shots. Local show for me... been for over two decades now. Just keeps getting better... And to get the good you have to put up with some bad... rides and people. :) But its all good for me. Cruised all weekend wasted plenty of fuel and lots of BS the ol canopy express just didn't want to stop.