Register now to get rid of these ads!

FALCON and FAIRLANE Air bag suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Turbo442, Feb 8, 2007.

1. sabtaj1

sabtaj1
    from Iowa

Right on. I am gonna run my shocks and set up like urs. I could sure use a set of those strut tower plates like you had made though. LOL... And yes, that is a DJ bike ithe back ground I'm sure. I haven't looked at the pic in a long time so I don't know which one it is at the moment.

2. slamit09

slamit09
    from san diego

The shock mounts and bump stop was done by a very skilled local fabricator since it was above my skill level to figure it out. Pictures do not do how much detail was in them...really over fabricated. Took him 16 hours...I am sure he could make you some; but it would cost you a small fortune as it did me. However the bump stop I bolted on to it make it sit perfectly and clear the bags just fine. If the bag blew there would be no chance of damaging the car and if totally laid out and could still drive it off the road with out much of a problem. Just the way I wanted it safe but low. You can PM me with your email address and I can send you more photo's if you like.

3. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

I just got a 64 that I am starting to put air on this week. I think I am going to plate the lower control arms and just run the shock off the upper. That way I can run a 2600lb bag without clearance issues

4. steelies

steelies

hey guys, awesome to see a bunch of people keen to make these things go up and down, i'm in the throws of a similar project myself. an XM wagon going on a hydraulic & coilover system, bell cranked at the front - similar to flaked62merc's setup but somewhat more homemade haha - and a no-idea-what-to-call-it arm system in the rear. wish i'd found this thread earlier.. good to see all these new ideas and the familiar ones!

5. jeffro1961

jeffro1961

6. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Just bought a 1961 falcon wagon. Been looking for a LONG time for the perfect one and it happened to be 2700 miles away.
    I will be doing suspension upgrades when I am able to afford it. I have a project VW bus I need to finish and sell first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

well still cutting away at the front of mine. I am actually notching the frame for the tire rods and am dehumping the lower control arms and plating them b/c they were hitting the frame as well. Now the upper control arm is hitting the spring pocket so i have to notch those as well. Also have to ditch the factory power steering unit in the front b/c it is holding up the driver side. Rocker is only about 1 3/4 off the ground, probably going to make a set of drop spindles for it sometime in the future.

[​IMG]

8. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

yes, well i wouldnt say I am a ex mini trucker. my long time project is an 88 ranger with yota front clip, body drop, and 20s.

9. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

10. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Did you custom bend your pipes or did is are they available out there somewhere as a bolt on?

11. NAES

NAES

Bellflower tips.

Summit and Jegs have 'em

12. cage66

cage66
    from reno

I only see a few pictures of the rear setups. What are most people doing, Just a 2 link set up? Any need to go with a 3 or 4 link? I want simplicity but also want it as safe and reliable as possible. And with the little room we have for wheels obviously I dont want it to shift side to side too much through travel.
    I have a wagon but would like to keep the rear usable. Any good spots to hide the tank?

13. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

i cut out my rear floor and 4 linked it with equal length upper and lower bars that keep the pinion angle the same through out travel, about to do a 6 link with 2600lb dominators on the rear bars, i will get picture sometime here soon, but its a little more work then what most people will want to do..but mine is laying pinch weld
    [​IMG]

14. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

4 doors= the best bagged cars

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. lgh1157

lgh1157

Im looking forward to seeing pics of this

L

16. dallasdrifter

dallasdrifter
    from dallas tx

I'm back. Been working on my air ride on and off for the past year. i know you can drive without the strut rod on the front. My problem is I don't know if I should relocate the strut rod bracket to the outside of the frame rail or just keep it off(I've heard mixed thing's about doing this)? Also, should I "dehump" the lower A arm or notch the "frame" ? I am torn between cutting the area under my bckseat to clear the pumpkin/ drive shaft or just leaving it alone. I cut off the pumpkin bumpstop. Any opinions? I'm trying to get her to Pistons and Paint in november. I'm very close to laying rockers all around.

17. lgh1157

lgh1157

Without your strut rod ?

Do you mean swaybar ?

L

18. dallasdrifter

dallasdrifter
    from dallas tx

19. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

20. fowldog8

fowldog8

Does anyone have an opinion on airbag / air suspension controllers? I am looking at a 4-way Air Lift controller but I want to make sure it si not a piece of junk. I have a combination of shock mount airbags on all four wheels, but no compressor or controls yet. Thanks!

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

22. cage66

cage66
    from reno

I would either relocate it to under the arm or weld on a bar coming from the arm with a hiem joint on the other side and a bracket on the frame for the hiem joint that way it will still stabilize the arm and wont be in the way.
    Redheadedlefty13, lovin the car. How much lift are you getting out of the rear, seems like the front has twice as much.
    Still should be plenty.

23. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

actually in the process of redoing everything..both the front and they rear will get more lift

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HMZ-GIZ0v8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24. LowHeat

LowHeat

ok, I want to bring this back.

How are these projects coming? any new info or suggestions?

25. ffej

ffej

I think Redheadedlefty13's thread was locked, so he left the site. Too bad too cuz he had some creative ideas.

26. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

So it’s been a while since this thread was up. Anyone else doing the fairlanes? Looking for bag/suspension ideas on my 65 fairlane.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app