Register now to get rid of these ads!

Washington State E vs W flathead reliability run photos and report 2012!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 16, 2012.

1. We had a very successful year this year! Despite the smoke from some surrounding fires we had a record number of cars and great, warm weather! The East side won again, 56-33...although I personally counted over 100 cars and more kept coming so not everyone signed in :D West side is getting warmer though. All in all it was a great day full of fun and some great flathead cars. The caliber of cars attendiing this run is getting greater and greater every year, man theres some neat stuff out there!

This years run was dedicated to our good pal Terry Seaholm who passed away earlier this year. Terry was a flathead guy and all around good friend. Jeff Allison drew his car for this years T shirts. Jack Butler also brought Terry's car for the run. We sold out of T shirts today! That is the only thing that pays for this event- T shirt sales so thank you to the people who purchased them.

Also Thanks to EVERYONE who made it out this year. The run gets bigger and bigger every year, and I never get tired of people telling us how they like the laid back atmosphere about it. We have some great ideas for next years run, I'll be back with more info at the first of the year.

On a side note- someone left a set of stainless 33-34 open car door latch strikers in my car and I have no idea who did. Please let me know, I would like to pay you for em or at the very least thank you!

See y'all next year!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres my pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know this is an overhead....something had to haul all the shirts and tables :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Niece hanging out in my roadster

[​IMG]

4. My friend Russ drove his famous "Take out T" and it did flawless. No radiator fan, either!! When was the last time you saw an AMBR finalist covered in bugs :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hit up this old grain silo in Odesa, Wa

[​IMG]

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Awesome shots! Thanks for sharing.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Very nice Chris. Lotsa cool stuff for sure. I just want to say one more time how much I appreciate you fella's dedicating this run to my pop. His is sorely missed every day I walk into my garage and see reminders of him all around me. The old tin that showed up for the run are very cool and he would have really dug it. Any chance there might be one t-shirt left for me? I probably should have made arrangements with you before the run. I loved all the 34's that showed up. Some year I'll make it up for the run. Dale

8. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

some great cars! Looks like a cool event!

9. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

nice cars and cool event! thanks for posting Chris!

10. hershambob

hershambob

whats the story on the euro 32 sedan

11. Awesome stuff, Chris. Had to wipe the drool off my chin, after seeing the picture with the '34 3 window and the '34 roadster pulling into the parking lot. That 3 window looks cool, and I normally favor 5 windows!

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It had a flathead. There was a sign noting that it had been built in Germany I think. Someone else will have to give more details.

13. What an amazing grouping of cars. Wow!

14. ryno

ryno

Thanks for posting these.
    How did ya get a Flathead to fit in the awd subie?

15. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

What a cool event. It is good to see the Take Out T on the ground rather than on show stands. It has a nice stance that you can't see when it is on stands. It had it's day as a indoor show car now it is time to drive it. Most people who compete for the AMBR never drive them so my compliments to the owner. I wish more AMBR winners would follow his lead. Maybe start a show and get all the AMBR winners and contenders together and have them drive cross country to a show. LOL

16. Nice..great pics.
    Hopefully by next year I can increase the number by one, for the wetside.

17. Great pic's dude!

18. Koz

Koz

What great pics. Looks like one helluva good time!

Thanks for sharing.

19. What a cool event. It is good to see the Take Out T on the ground rather than on show stands. It has a nice stance that you can't see when it is on stands. It had it's day as a indoor show car now it is time to drive it. Most people who compete for the AMBR never drive them so my compliments to the owner. I wish more AMBR winners would follow his lead. Maybe start a show and get all the AMBR winners and contenders together and have them drive cross country to a show. LOL

x2....... say's it all
    <!-- / message -->

20. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

21. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Thanks for the pics Chris, almost like being there. Got a tear in my eye and it ain't from the smokey air.....

22. Thanks Dale, I snagged a shirt for you and a good thing...I was serious that we have zero left! PM me your address and if you need a L or XL.

Terry was a great guy who would do anything for any of us. I will always miss BSing with him at swap meets. Back in March I mentioned dedicating the run to him as he was pretty sick and everyone said it was a no brainer. Jeff drew up that quicky sketch and we mailed him some flyers. You know Dale, the one saving grace in that is, Terry knew he was getting close, so he had time to say good by. Most people do not get that. Everyone of us will go someday, but the legacy you leave lives forever. Be proud of your Dad Dale!

The 34's that show up here are simply awesome! I'm jonesin to mock the fenders up on my roadster :D

23. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

24. fordman1

fordman1

Great pics, great show, awesome day! You can even see my car in the background of a few of the shots. Looking forward to next year, may bring both flathead cars!

25. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Had a great time! lost a zephyr cap somewhere by Reardan :(

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

Thanks again to all of the Inland Emperors for putting on this show. Look forward to it every year.

28. I missed my favorite band of all time (Rabbit and Chicken R/C now Gorilla and Rabbit )!!!! Yes , like Jack was saying thanks again to Chris and all with Thee Inland Emperors for a great event as always.... Your great group of folks , my hats off to you all. Look forward to next year ! may just need to find myself a flathead project, I should start looking for my 39/40 Ford Pickup project.. Way to go Russ , it was killer seeing the Take Out T out on the road... and AMBR finalist that gets driven how cool is that kids ! "cheers" ! Rob

29. Chris: Thanks for sharing/taking the time to do so. That sort of event doesn't happen every weekend and sure would be fun to attend. A really long drive however. Thanks for the pics so we could enjoy from where ever we might be. Tim

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Wow!!!! thats all I can say...

I gotta get out there and film... Next year..