Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodders journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64ONEOFF, Sep 10, 2012.

1. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Any hambbers gonna make the first Rodders Journal show in Baltimore Md. Its gonna be a amazing show with ALOT of nostalgic and Iconic cars. Its a Pimlico raceway September 29th and 30th....If you can swing it, dont miss it...:D

2. Yup. We're going. Can't wait!

3. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I love me a good car show, BUT I AM EXCITED AS HELL. I have been to alot of diffrent shows, Goodguys shows are always a great time. This one is gonna be pretty wild... History at its finest,atleast thats what I keep hearing....=]

4. Quality has always been a feature of Rodders Journal, and I expect this show will become one of the good ones. Any show will have to work out the bugs, but this should be a winner.

5. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

I've been getting the email updates from the mag, and it looks like they're going to have a really good showing of cars that I doubt I would ever get to see in this area otherwise. No doubt its going to be a great show with some amazing hot rods and customs on display. The Jalopy Showdown Drags are on that Saturday and I'll be making the trip up the Beaver Springs, but will be stopping by Pimlico on my way back sunday for the TRJ show.

6. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

There has to be more people from hamb going. Its not one to miss.

7. goboy33

goboy33
    from Florida

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1>
    <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Need a little help!

I'm also looking for info about a custom...

Check out my pics from a 1959 car show in St. Louis, MO. Trying to find the builder of this 54 Custom Olds (sectioned 4 inches w/ Fins & '56 Packard Clipper Tail-lights)... This car used to cruise St Louis in the '70's with Kustom Kurt... That is George Barris' Parisian parked next to the '54 Olds in the last picture. Kustom Kurt helped w/ info on the owner from '78, but I'm looking for the original owner &/or builder from the 50's.

ANY help or info would be great! Thanks all!!

** The first two attached pictures were taken the same day , at the SAME CAR SHOW in 1959 as the ones of the Maroon '36 Ford Coupe in the current Rodder's Journal: Number Fifty-Five, Summer 2012. Pages 116-117. (An insanely lucky coincidence!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm registered with my '35 and Vending at the Sugar City Speed Shop booth! Looking forward to it!

9. Hoping for great weather, I plan to be there. Should be some really significant cars there. If it turns out as good as it as it sounds you can always say you were at the first one!

10. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Go on the Rodders Jounal- TRJ Revival Show. They are gonna pick 4 cars from the show to do a full spread in next years Rodders Journal..... It starts Thursday night with cruises and partys. They say its gonna be Layed Back show with alot of cruises and just hanging out... In you can swing it, Dont miss it.........

11. I have friends from Jersey, Delaware, PA, Ohio, Kentucy, Virginia, and of course Maryland that say they are going to be there. Should be well attended...and why wouldnt it be? An innagural event hosted by a world class magazine and icon automotive/hotrod photographer/publisher in an internationally recognized venue - are you kidding me? Its a 'dont miss' !

12. So I guess you're saying, be there or forever wish that you had been.....:D.....................Don.

13. 50shoe

50shoe

I'll be there, as will many local non-hambers. Lot of local buzz about the show, should be a great one!

one word of caution: the area around pimlico could be considered a little 'marginal'. I lived 3 blocks from there in 2001-2003. Keep the valuables in your car out of sight and lock the doors. its not the ghetto or anything and is 100% safe during the day but an ounce of prevention is better than having your window smashed for your gps...

14. Thanks for that advice, Shoe. Can anyone give me a heads-up on the condition of the streets if I come inbound on Rt. 26 (Liberty Rd.) to Northern Pkwy. to Pimlico? I would like to minimize my time on 695, would prefer not to go all the way around to I-83 inbound. I only have 3and 1/2 inches of clearance at my front spreader bar so I try to avoid raised or lowered manholes and any other things like huge potholes or extremely uneven pavement..Thanks ahead of time............................Don.

15. 50shoe

50shoe

Now you really want to drive through some interesting neighborhoods! :)

been awhile (5+ yrs) since I've been over on that side of town, but I don't remember the roads being to terrible. nothing worse that some of the expansion joints on I83. no tank traps that I can recollect.

I DO NOT want to scare anyone away with my earlier comment! Just want folks from more rural areas to be mindful that you will be in average neighbor hood in a big city with a good bit of crime! so enjoy the show but be careful!

remember 1/3 of the triple crown is held here in the spring. so it can't be that bad!

16. Thanks Shoe. I know what you mean. I traveled that way a number of times in route to visit a friend who was recovering at Sinai from open heart surgery, but that was 3 or 4 yrs. ago. And yes some of the area appeared a little sketchy. I just wondered what the condition of the streets were if I came that way. Anyone familiar with that part of the city?

17. coop31

coop31

I'm registered with my 32 and headed up Friday morning for what sounds to be a Great Weekend!

18. Curt Six

Curt Six

I missed this thread earlier - glad to see everybody's getting excited about the show. It's hard to believe it's less than two weeks away.

Regarding 50Shoe's comments about the area, he is correct that there are some neighborhoods west of Pimlico Race Course that you want to steer clear of. That was something that we looked closely at prior to choosing the location. We are encouraging everyone to take I-83 to Northern Parkway specifically because you can get to 83 from all points around the city, and entering this way gives you a smooth ride on a nice, wide road with 2-lanes going each way. This also leads directly to both the show car entrance (off of Pimlico Road) and the spectator entrance to Pimlico (off of Northern), which are well before you get to the neighborhoods west of the track.

We have also hired off-duty Maryland State Police to be on site around the clock beginning at 6pm Friday night through Sunday when the show ends. That last part we did as a normal security measure; the decision to do so had little to do with the event being held at Pimlico. We've also got an off-duty MSP at the downtown host hotel from midnight to 7am beginning Thursday night, and that's one of the most well-off areas in Baltimore.

Long story short, it's always good to play it smart when it comes to your vehicles and valuables, but we've designed this so that you really won't have to worry. We will also be providing a map of Pimlico (to and from the host hotels) as well as all the cruise night locations to all registrants when they pick up their packets either at the evening events leading up to the show or at the show itself.

Don, I'm pretty familiar with the roads coming in from your area and I'll send you a PM with some ideas that will get you into the track without putting you on 695 (at least not for too long).

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks. Check out our website tomorrow (www.roddersjournal.com) ...we're working on some updates this weekend that include a full schedule of all the other cruises and parties we have planned for that week.
    Thanks.
    Curt

19. 40Vert

40Vert

Looks like it's going to be a great show. Really looking forward to it!

20. goboy33

goboy33
    from Florida

Can't miss this Rodder's Journal show. It's got the attention of the world. We're dusting off the 54 merc convert. Unfortunately, we're not finished with the 392 Hemi rebuild in the 54 Olds Custom: Cupid's Clipper. That will have to wait till next year's show!

Attached Files:

21. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Can you register onsite at Pimlico, or do you need to do it a one of the Host Hotels?

22. .......Thanks Curt.

23. Curt Six

Curt Six

You can register at the entrant gate at Pimlico. We will also have tables set up at the Thursday night party (Canton Dockside, 3301 Boston Street) and at the Friday night cruise (1700 block of Thames Street, at the corner of Thames and Broadway) where you can register (and those that pre-registered can pick up their packets).
    Curt

24. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

Working to get my Model A complete for the show. I'm registered so I guess I will drag it anyway. It should be a great show. So the plan is to not miss out.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      283.9 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      263.1 KB
      Views:
  25. Leaving NC Thursday morning, looking forward to this show. Stop if you see me on the side of the road.

[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. Beautiful 5-window Seadog. Look forward to seeing it in person.

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'm really going to try to make it, but the boss may have his birthday party that day. Priorities.

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a must-do event. The Sep-Oct calendar is getting pretty crowded for Mid-Atlantic events. Not that I'm complaining...

29. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Its looking like I might be able to go sat & sun---maybe---any Hambers from out that way able to recommend a clean,safe,not pricy, motel in the area? It doesn't have to be in the thick of things,can be out of town,I would be coming E on 70 then N on 695 to get to the racetrack
    thanks

30. 50shoe

50shoe

Gary,

look for deals in Ellicott City (west of town) Columbia (south of town) or North in Timonium. All nice areas just a short drive to the venue!

Chris