Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old oil pump value?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Sep 15, 2012.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Just curious what the going rate for these old pumps might be.

Attached Files:

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Whatever someone will pay !! As a guess $25 up to ?? Look on ebay for sales.

3. Value depends on a few factors. Determine what brand they are (the manufacturer), see if there is a model number, see if the brand name is cast into the lids, Google "vintage bulk oil dispensers", or "lubester". From there look at the photos to determine the age and look at ebay and online sellers to see what they are going for.
    The afore mentioned price of 25 dollars would be a fire sale price! Poor guess!

~Alden

4. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Unrestored generic lubesters generally sell in the $25 (or less) range in the petroliana hobby. I've turned them down for free.
    If you find some with lids that have Shell, Sinclair, etc cast in them the value goes up dramatically.
    What yours have going for them are the original decals. They should bring $75-$85 each to a Mobil collector.

5. J Twitero

J Twitero
    from Minnesota

Not sure what they are worth, but I saw a couple at a swap meet that the guy had cut one side and the baffles out of, then added some shelves inside. Fresh coat of paint and decals and they made a damn neat looking display case. I dont think I would have the heart to do that unless the tank was already pin-holed and the guts in the pump were shot however. ;)

6. scotts52

scotts52

Cool. Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and picked them up for $75 for the pair. Worth it to me. Just wanted to make sure I didn't really shoot myself in the foot.

7. pretty cool with the original decals

here's some old Alemite lubesters I picked up a while ago

[​IMG]

8. scotts52

scotts52

Mark,
    I like those lubesters. Nice trio you have there.

9. uncle buck

uncle buck

I drug a pair to a few swapmeets and had a hard time getting $25 for the pair

10. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

Hey! It's Huey, Dewey and Louie!

Call the pickers. They'll give ya $10 a piece and then brag about how they're gonna get $100 a piece for 'em. (Man, I hate that show:mad:)