Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where were you in '62?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sqeaky Hinge, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Guess you were a snazzie(sp) dresser back in the day..:D

2. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

For a second there I thought you stole my life story but then I realized the Chevy's around here never lost to any Fords and we had Philadelphia's finest to deal with.

Other than that, I was mostly trying to figure out how to get close to Christine while my buddy and I were working on his (and his dad's) Henry J gasser and taking it to Atco.

3. Deuces

Deuces

Ha!.. Women and cars go great together, don't they??..:D:D

4. Kirk Wilmes

Kirk Wilmes
    from Altus, OK

I was negative 23

5. RDR

RDR

graduated HS '62....running my C/G '49 Chevy; 303 Olds/Cad 3 spd...no front bumper.....pegged pants
    good memories of years gone by....

Attached Files:

6. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

in balls

Deuces likes this.
  7. CTO

CTO

I was running my last 1/4 midget race in Pomona CA. I still have the car.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  8. Where was I in 62.... probably crusin thru the drive-ins in my 51 Chevy or my 54 Ford. 62 was a split year for me.

das858 likes this.
  9. Mad Mouse

Mad Mouse

Phu Bai Viet Nam, camping.

vtx1800 likes this.
  10. Normbc9

Normbc9

They made me leave my '37 Chevy coupe at home too. But I did back to drive it and still have it now.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

Deuces and dana barlow like this.
  11. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Started that year at Ft. Bliss, Texas, driving my '40 coupe w/flattie and having a ball! Ended that year sneakin' and peakin' in SE Asia, which necessitated my dearly loved coupe to go down the road to a friend in my old unit. Don't know what happened to it after that. This pic was taken one Sunday at the old Ascarate Dragway in El Paso.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  12. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

In February of '62, I was born in Lakewood, New Jersey.

13. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

I was still in liquid form:)

Deuces likes this.
  14. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not even a glimmer in my Momma's eyes yet. But what would be my first hot rod 22 years later was rolling off the assembly line somwhere: Tudor Hardtop Nova.

Deuces likes this.
  15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I was in high school and not old enough to drive, but always looking for older guys who would let me help on their cars!
    PS-That picture is SE Portland, Or. That's the Steel Bridge in the background, (behind the Ford-owl sign) and I-5 on the left in the picture.

16. tinhunter

tinhunter

I just turned 16 in jan.62, fresh drivers license and started a new job with C.P.Rail as a steam fitter apprentice. first set of wheels was a 56 Plymouth that the old man sold me which lasted a whole 3 months. It wasn,t even close to a hot rod so I sold it and moved up to a series of shoe box fords. As I recall, most of my friends were running Chevys and I just loved showing them the benefits of flathead ownership. life was much more basic then, Cars, gas, parts,women,beer, and smokes...and you could do it all for a couple hundred a month.

17. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

7 years old, 2nd grade at La Colima School in Whittier, CA. Missed the bus to go home so I decided to walk! I followed the bus route I knew, not all that far but half way home a dog chased me and I ran the rest. I actually beat the bus to my neighborhood!

Got a heavy duty "talking to" about why I hadn't gone to the office instead of trying to find my own way home.

18. In San Jose California 10 years old my vehicle at the time was a homemade go cart with a opel four speed trans mounted crossways with a old reefer motor to power it with a centrificle clutch my dad a truck mechanic built it for me would go like hell had a lot of fun out running the other kids with their factory carts not much to look at but sure was fun on sundays at the ball park parking lot where we ran them

19. Junior at David Douglas High School.

20. well I was 8 years old and setting on the corner listioning to the wilson brothers prectice playing.

21. RobErnst

RobErnst

Half way through I was conceived by two loving parents who have since gone over the Rainbow with Dorothy and Toto after 40 years of marriage and 4 brothers 1 sister. Still don't know how they put all of us through Catholic school and college. I can barely afford ONE kid.

Posted using purple crayons (and the Custom H.A.M.B. App) !

Deuces likes this.
  22. I turned 3 and was watching cool cars go by from my pushchair and tricycle. JW

Deuces likes this.
  23. Dating and fixing to marry the hottest carhop in town! Still with her and she's still hot!

Deuces likes this.
  24. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

It was the summer I got my drivers license,the freedom it brought is unforgettable
    I bought a 54 Ford that was in a wreck and began to put it together,good memories
    For sure.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App

Deuces likes this.
  25. kenymac

kenymac

The picture is not Seattle. It is Portland, Oregon as hwy 26 is the western route to the coast. And Seattle to the north on hwy 99 at the time. Which is now I-5. Still a great picture of the old cars.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Man, I’m depressed. You guys are really making me feel old.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I love an old thread .:)

28. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

Just breathe.
    (You just need some "inspiration")
    "inspire" - from Latin "in" + "spiritus" ("to breathe ")
    Just "be".
    We are human "be-ings".

Deuces likes this.
  29. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

In the rear seat of a '60 Plymouth wagon.

30. thehazguy

thehazguy

Let's see, 10 years old in July of 62 Riding my bike and running around the woods. Life was simple.

Deuces likes this.