Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 pontiac full kustom update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddiesixem, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Ronskie

Ronskie
    from Fontana

eddie i really like what u did i have a 41 that i would like to chop but i just dont know how to do it do u know of any schools i could go to or anyone that i could just go and watch thx for any info ....

2. deek

deek
    from Tulare,CA

I like it man! Looks Good!

3. choptvan

choptvan

Benn a long time bud. Glad you are getting closer! Can't wait to hear it!

4. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

There are some videos out by gene winfield and others but most are merc and shoebox chop how tos, if your not sure of the process, it is a great start. Everything i learned on doing this stuff, i learned from these forums and magazines with good tech articles, ha e you searched the threads for similar cars that have been choped? I.e. Other gm cars with similar roof lines? Thus place iswhere id start, readi up on it alot, and when u have the confidence that you think you csn do it, and if u have the tools, hop in and go at it, it is only metal, jus make sure to not go overboard, and to look at alot of cars profiles to determine what youd like on your own car

Hop up tricks, i decided to keep it bone stock for now, im runnin the original dual range hydramatic that i also went through and the stock 3.01:1 rear spool that i alsom went through, its jus a cruiser, a low an slow kinda car, but later that could change ill def keep it updated If i do hop it up a bit, i kind of already slighty have plans, but wanna get it runnin for now

Thanks guys been a long run with this thing, but i still am up to it and enjoy it as moch as ever,

5. wizzard23

wizzard23

X two

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I, too, never would have guessed you started with a mordor. Fantastic job!

7. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

fucking rad, keep at it

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

this car has got kustom alll over it.. what a great job into turning this car around and saving it.. cant wait to see this thing finished.. good to see something other than 49-54 chevy's! I put 52 Pontiac trim on mine to try to change it up a little.. youre doing a fantastic job my friend..keep posting updates..

9. What a beautiful organic chop. Really cool.

10. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

like i said bolt by bolt piece by piece, todays accomplishment.

Attached Files:

11. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

WoW Looking really good!!!! Ur motor is a piece of art!!!

12. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

Been at a standstill since the last update, personal life has been a bit outa hand as well and 60-70 hour work weeks, great news is i now have my kid full time and the car can wait a little longer to get running. but here are the last few things i was working on, hope to get back to it soon, when things settle down. alternator will eventually make way for a powergen, if i can stand to put out the 400 for it, air cleaner will be different also i thing, and still might make the custom intake ive been continplating out of some extra old aluminum engine parts i have layin around.

thanks so much for the kind words, i cant hold a candle to most of you fellas on here so it means alot

I was bored one day and doodled on the door, So i cristened this thing Hard times, saved it from the junkyard and we've survived a divorce, child custody, unemployment, a shitty job, and family deaths. was board and doodling on the car one day kinda seemed fitting

one pic is my new top secret mistress i picked up about 8 months ago, its my motavation to get the pontiac is finished it will be the next project. Pumped to get this thing done so i can work on it!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  13. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Really nice lines, will follow this one since I just chopped my -53 Poncho

14. Marten

Marten

Eddie, we need some updates please!