Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help broke down in cloverdale ca. On our way to billitproof

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat pink, Sep 14, 2012.

1. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

So i was on my to billitproof in my 56 chevy flat bed towwing my surf wagon with my girl and dog and now stranded here in Coverdale ca.
    I'm looking for someone maybe to help me and show me how install the new and correct rocker arms please. Sorry I wouldn't ask but there's no one here till Tuesday locally . I hate that I even have to I thought I had every thing right this is the third set and after countless towings and money spent I learned to day the difference between self "alining rockers" and the regular common ones.
    Please if you can help in anyway I'd be SOOOOOO thankful!!!!
    I lack the knowledge and the wrench to turn the crank.
    I would gladly pay, or just take direction,anything please. I'm at the "clover dale
    Oaks inn" and my numbers 707-599-7747.
    The parts will be here by noon.

Help me get there this is my wagons first show since done.
    Thanks hambers!!!!

2. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Eng type, and year would be helpful.

3. Weasel

Weasel

rat pink your PM box is full - tried to send you a PM but you need to empty it....

4. MilesM

MilesM

You should be able to bump the engine with the starter switch. Pull the coil wire.

5. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Bump for rat pink, the girl and the dog

6. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Another bump for the stranded guy....

CB

7. Weasel

Weasel

I sent him an e-mail with the name of someone who might help because his PM box was full - not good when you need HAMB help. Haven't heard back - hoping all is well. Update???

8. cking894

cking894

I didn't read his request on the HAMB but I did run into him in Cloverdale where I live. He got the parts and I walked him through changing them. He got it running and the last I saw of him he was hitting the freeway headed to Billetproof late yesterday afternoon.

Keith

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Way to go,,,,,any pics?

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

That is awesome!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. BRAVO DUDE!:D what kind of powerplant is he running?

12. Weasel

Weasel

Hero!

13. Some motorists rely on AAA when their in trouble on the road.
    Hot Rodders have The Power of the H.A.M.B.:cool:

14. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

glad he got the help and back on the road. high five for cking894,

15. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

yes thanks to my new freind here i did. my pops all ways says the fun of hot rodding is breaking down.and again proved so, not only did i make a new freind i learned something new. thanks keith! i owe you one sir hope one day i can... remember i paint and would be glad to spray any thing for ya...
    to no avail i didnt see ya saturday... im sure ill see you on the black top soon enough.... thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!! heres a pic of what you helped make happen " searching for beaches " first show billitproof 2012

Attached Files:

16. IWB

IWB

Nice to hear about good people helping out some one in need. Your wagon looks sweet.

17. Fairlane

Fairlane
    from Australia

Glad to hear you got things sorted and back on the road. Paintwork on the wagon looks real neat.

18. cking894

cking894

Hey Cadi,

It was great meeting you. I was glad to see your wagon sitting in the show when all the pictures started showing up on the net. I didn't make it to the show. I had a super busy day Friday and just couldn't make it there on Saturday.

I was checking out some of your work on here and it looks great. Next time I make it up north I'll try to stop by your shop. I saved your phone number for that time. If you ever end up in this area again and need assistance you know who to call.

Keith

19. Midget25

Midget25

That is so cool that cars guys helping each other. Very cool.

20. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

rat pink are you the gentlemen who just recently helped out alex with the 60 oldsmobile who was stranded on his way to portland? was following the story on losboulevardos. and i dug your wagon! seen it at billitproof.

21. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

That was Cadi Imp... He has the pics to prove it on FB. Alex is from SC, right?

22. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

thanks Keith and you have a freind for life in me... Thanks so much for teaching me ,helping us and show such great hospitality in your fair city :)

23. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

Why yes I was the one who was able to help Alex in the 60 olds just a few weeks ago but gentlemen I'm an not ,just your average hoodlum... Yes and the whole time I just thought how cool it was I was able to help him on his quest. I enjoyed it do much cause i had been in those shoes befor and sure I would be again in the future lol ... When we got him back on the road he asked "do I owe you anything ???" I laughed took off my "Conley customs" hat put it on him and said hell no! At that point I felt apart of his journey , he was on a sprit quest and his will proved he could.
    Like my pops has been telling me my whole life "breaking down is the fun of hotrodding " and the older I get the more I get it. No matter how well we try to prevent sometimes there's a reason bigger than u can see why you are there at that time... To meet someone like Keith or Alex in everyday just wouldn't happen with out help from the hotrod gawds!
    Namaste freinds thanks for all the help.

24. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Hey is that the wagon I saw at the show in Rio Dell this summer? If so I'm close to home.

25. 4woody

4woody

Glad you got help when you needed it.

That wagon looks FABULOUS!

26. Gotta love a happy ending, way cool, JW :)

27. True hot rodding right there.

28. verde742

verde742

Send pictures of girl and dog..