Register now to get rid of these ads!

George Barris question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Herbie3Rivers, Sep 13, 2012.

1. moefuzz

moefuzz

Since you asked. I will let him know you are coming and he will charge the appropriate amount for those who have to ask.

:rolleyes:

2. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Well, he "scribbled" all over the dashboard of the Kripple Kart for free after awarding it his pick of show when he visited England last year, and it's a permanent reminder of one of my proudest moments.
    If that makes me gay then "hello sweetie!"
    Paul

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I met Billy Gibbons and George barris at a WOW's here in Houston. About 10 years ago. When he was with Billy, they were walking to the back area to eat. Billy wasn't a feature guest, he was just hanging out. Billy talked for a bit and posed for a photo. George kinda ignored me, BUT they were going to eat, so I've forgiven him over the years. He was sponsered by WOW's, so he charged at his booth. $10 for a signature and a B/W pic of the Munster car. I also had a packaged Munster car and he signed the outside of the package. Funny, he couldn't get the paint pen to work and scribbled on the pack to get it going.

4. Don't say sailor!!!!

5. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hey man, lighten up no disrespect intended, just some age-old traditional English humour now edited for your benefit.
    Paul

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I think he was joking as well. To my knowledge, Bob isn't affiliated with anyones navy. If I'm wrong, I'm sure he'll chime in.

7. Go on Ebay and look up autographs. Some bring good money. Why should someone else make money on his fame and him not?

8. If someone I respected "picked" my car I'd be honored too. Just knowing they picked it would be enough for me though. To each his own.

That is awesome & you should be proud. :)

JH

9. Well then just call me Tom Cruise because I guess I'm gay.

I always have anyone who helps me out with a significant amount of work on my cars, to sign the car somewhere.

I've never asked anyone to sign shit before though. It seems messy and unnecessary to me.

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

he usually doesn't charge anything,,,but i have heard of some instances when he will charge for a photo of one of his cars, and then he'll sign it....

once i had him sign the dash door on my old shoebox,,but i asked him to sign it on the INSIDE,,he seemed kinda offended, but he did it anyway...any time i've met him, he's always been super nice to me...

11. Herbie3Rivers

Herbie3Rivers

Cool, you guys are great. I was trying to figure out how much scratch I should bring, how many items, etc. I'll let you know what happens.

12. Got a free bee at a world of wheels here in town back in the early eightys when he was a celebrity guest and my 28 rpu was in the show. He signed a pic of my rpu and i had him sign the side curtain as well. Still have them. He was gracious and pleased to do it. A little treasure i show everyone.

Attached Files:

13. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

Know George well and he will sign any thing of yours for free but the photos he takes around with him do have a cost of around 10.00 I think!!

14. i won the barris pick at salina KKOA:D
    got his tin crest autographed
    thought about it and i won a award from the"King of the Kustomizers"

never in my wildest dreams did i ever think i would win something like that:rolleyes:

also got a Winfield pick award at Detroit:D

THIS WAS A REAL GOOD YEAR FOR ME ON MY 5 TH YEAR OF SHOWING:D
    just had to wait 50 years to do it!!!:cool:

15. I think there are some people out there that have more reasons than this for disliking him. Not trying to bash the guy, he's never wronged me. He may be the nicest man in the world for all I know, but, his character has been called in to question on a few occasions, and that's unfortunate.:(

16. Old Dude

Old Dude

I bought a Shirt off of him & he offered to autogrph for me, nice guy !

17. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

I have had many items signed by George at many different shows over the years. I've never seen him charge anybody. I believe he sells pictures, but if you bring something for him to sign, he'll sign it & pose with you. He signed a ton of free autographs at GNRS 2 years ago, as did all the customizers.

18. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

We are fortunate to have him in our hobby,his work and talent has inspired many builders. I asked him to sign my dash at KKOA salina show.He had to climb in at a awkward position to sign,not easy for someone his age. He did not charge. I had a laugh when he told me to close my hood so he could get picture of my car.He said open hoods ruin the streemline flow of a Kustom. I agree,haven't opened since.Maybe I should to check the oil,LOL. Nice guy.

19. Molina

Molina

Love it ! ;)

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm kinda with you on this

21. Herbie3Rivers

Herbie3Rivers

In my case he isn't signing my car. He says he built my car (one of the original Herbie movie cars) but I know he didn't. But I do have a few memorabilia pieces I'd like to have signed for my hot wheels and VW collections.

22. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Just a reminder today is the Glenmoor gathering... as mentioned Barris may not be there but I always enjoy the variety of cars... here are a couple from past years...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]