Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint versus powder coating

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by quickkenny, Sep 14, 2012.

1. quickkenny

quickkenny

I have been building a 34 ford with a 1992 5.0 and tremec trans. now it is time to take it apart and paint it. The frame is a Pete and Jakes, and I need some advice before I spend the money to paint it or powder coat it. The car will be a driver, and after many discussions, both for and against powder coating, I need to hear some more. Any thoughts out there?
    I hope the car will be driven all over the country.

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Welcome,go for the powdercoating.It worksfine with bike frames,so why not with cars.I took my Harleys frame for the powdercoater about 5 yrs ago and it still looks fine.No paint chips has fallen off or anythig like that.

3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

4. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Powder coating looks great and does last, but it's very difficult to make welding repairs or bracket changes after the fact. Something to consider.

5. quickkenny

quickkenny

Thanks guys, I am new here and should have read the posts from a few days ago ! Thanks again, this is a great place.

6. Welcome. You need to ask questions like this on the main discussion board, not the intro section. More folks will see it there and respond................................Don.

7. Welcome from Canada... ^^^^^^ What he said!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012