Register now to get rid of these ads!

BASS & ELROD are my kind of celebrities!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MATACONCEPTS, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abomb

Abomb

I happen to work on this principle...

" What I happen to pay for something has absolutely no effect on what it is actually worth when I am selling it"

Would you think that if I got a model A sedan body for free, (actually a little bit of traded labor) and decided that I wasn't going to build it myself, I should just give it away ??

2. These kind of "reality" shows are meant to be entertainment. If they had to rely on just Hot Rodders being the audience it would'nt make money for the network, let alone cover expenses. These shows are not to be educational, so don't be so critical of the final product. Also compared to a TV show with highly paid actors & costly sets the profit margins are much higher for the networks on these type of shows.
    The main characters and how they interact with their coworkers, family and customers is what sells the show. It can be funeral homes, ice truckers, Alaska crab fisherman & pilots, chopper builders, storage auctions, it really does'nt matter. These TV shows must have an audience as the networks keep pumping them out!

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Loved when RR and the delivery guy got all excited about the Willys "possibly" being an old SWC car based on blue paint. That's taking a huge step, even for somebody like RR.

4. Raitsa

Raitsa
    from Finland

Wasnt Rawlings reading HAMB while sitting in his office in the Rambler episode?

5. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

You know, when I'm finally sittin' in my easy chair in the late night, I like to turn on the tube and veg for a while to de-stress. I can watch bloviating a-holes talking about politics, House Wives of who the fuck cares, or I can watch a few guys pretending to have fun building cars and fartin' around. Most car shows suck. GMG only kinda sucks. So I ignore the people and watch the cars - til I pass out. Could be worse.

6. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

thats still one of my favorite 39 gassers, glad to see some one taking care of it!
    heres a pic i had

Attached Files:

7. Raitsa

Raitsa
    from Finland

[​IMG]

8. I get tired of all the car builds and their phony "has to be done yesterday" time lines and phony backstabbing, and re-runs, but I still watch 'em? Drama is inserted to get youngsters and wives to watch and boars the $hit outa rodders

9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I may, I've been on both sides of a deal like that. There's no doubt that the Willys was worth what Bass paid. He was there, able to pull the trigger, got what he wanted. If it matters what the seller paid then you should NEVER buy something from a private individual, or dealer for that matter.

I was selling a 34 Ford PU cab, frame, engine, no box, pulled it from behind a farmer's barn. We paid $300 for it. Took it home, washed it, cleaned the glass, flushed out the little 4 banger and started it. We put it in the paper for $1650 and the phone wouldn't stop ringing (this was in the 70s BTW). The 1st guy there worked "what you paid..." into the convo. Dear ol Dad gave him an answer I still use today if someone asks. "Paid? I GOT PAID to get it off their property if you need to know." He left insulted, and the guy waiting next simply said, "I'll take it. I don't give a shit what you paid." And that guy's position is the one to be in. It's value is there regardless. And, I agree with what they both had to say, it's worth more. I'd bet at any Goodguys/nostalgia drag meet, that car brings $35K with a little soap and water.

The show's ok, and elrod explained it better than anyone could. I catch it now and then, but it's not a can't miss for me. Thanks for a worthy episode to both elrod and Bass. The GMG guys didn't do bad either.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

we don't do reality TV here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.