Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof California 2012 - Sept. 15

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]
    Billetproof Nor-Cal: September 15, 2012
    16 years of blood, sweat and gears!! Billetproof is backwith one-of-a-kind events, live bands, great vendors, and the sickest 64 and prior do-it-yourself traditional rods, kustoms and motorcycles on the planet.

Billetproof Nor Cal - September 15, 2012
    Antioch Fairgrounds
    1201 West Tenth St.
    Antioch, California

• Spectator entrance opens at 8am (Spectator entry is $10 Free for kids under 13 and police & fire with proper ID)
    • Pinstripe panel jam
    • Live bands playing throughout the day!
    • Pin-Up Dunk Tank
    • Burlesque Show
    • Our famous trophies awarded in many categories!
    • Swap Meet
    • Delta Blues Festival in dowtown Antioch on Sat. Night. (FREE!)
    • Dirt Track Racing at the Fairgrounds on Sat. Night (separate admission

Pre-registration is CLOSED! But you can still register at the gate. See ya'll there!!

some pics from last year...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I moved out of Antioch when that show came to town......
    Moved over to Sacramento area.

3. Cerberus

Cerberus

I've been going to Billetprooof for several years now. Great place to catch up on the latest retro fashions, and to girl watch. The show attracts a unique group of vendors and artisans.There are usually a dozen old bikes...Knuckleheads, panheads, shovelheads, early Triumphs. Always seem to buy something in the swap meet area. There has always been some vintage iron that is worth checking out. Critical mass is reached at 1000 vehicles. Good sounds too.

4. Choptop

Choptop

huh? 0_o

5. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Rats! Was just going to get on and register. See ya at the gate!

6. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Driving the '53 down from washington state with a few friends. Save us some good spots!

7. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

The show is good. I've gone many times. There is one problem with preregistration (that did not happen when Kirk ran the show). The show registration application form says the registration confirmations will be sent to the applicants about 30 days before the show. Several folks I know didn't get there registration confirmation in a timely manner. In other words they did not get them until a week before the show and only after the hassle of contacting the show administrator to ask where are the registration confirmations. Probably not the best way to do business.

8. Choptop

Choptop

I sent out pre-registration confirmations about 3 weeks before this years show... not 30 days I know...but certainly not late enough to cause any consternation. Will have to go back into my email program on my main computer to find the exact date the first round got sent out on.

I will send out the first batch right around a month (as mentioned this year a little late but not a BIG deal) before the show. Then I hold off send out subsequent batches just about every week or so... if for no other reason then if i sent out confirmations every day when the registrations came in I would do nothing else for 4 weeks leading up to the show.

If someone didnt get their confirmation until Sept. 7, 2012 is was because they registered late, meaning inside the "30 days before the show". Also this year I let the "pre-registration" lower price run a little later than usual. In years past it had been cut off at the 30 day mark... this year it went until Aug. 24 (inside the 30 day mark)... allowing more folks more time to register for less money. i didnt send out registration confirmations until after that since there is a big rush of them coming in at that time. And also because I was in WA. putting on the Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption Drags on that weekend.

I get daily requests from people that didnt get their confirmation, only to find that they no longer check the email that is tied to their paypal account. 90% of the time this is the case when someone doesnt get their confirmation. Another 9.9% of the time its their email filter at work or from their service provider strips out the attached .pdf file. There are very few instances where I dont get their registration, or for some reason it doesnt go out to them. But I always make sure to make it right with those folks.

Kirk used the US mail to send out the confirmations... which I found to be not only costly but VERY fraught with problems regarding people getting their confirmations on time or getting them at all. Lots of folks throw out anything that looks like junk mail and lots of Billetproof confirmations went in the trash. Some of them got returned as undeliverable or the person had moved with no forwarding address. Not a ton, but enough that it was problematic.

The world has changed a bit in the 16 years since the show started. Email is a MUCH more prevalent. 99% of the preregistration I get are online. I get perhaps 3-4 people a year that call and say they want to register but yet dont have a computer/printer/internet connection to do so. So they call and ask how to register. I only put my phone # out in one place... on the flier that has a registration form on it with instructions on how to register. So I tell them in a nice way that I appreciate their enthusiasm for wanting to come to the show and that filling out and sending in the form where they got my phone # from would be sufficient.

So to make a long story long... the pre-reg's were in before the pre-reg deadline went out ~3 weeks before the show, after I got back in the office after putting the WA Drag Race. Pre-reg's that came in after that went out at one week intervals. Anyone that emailed in saying they hadnt gotten their has since received theirs sent to a different email then they registered under (I think I still have 1 or 2 of these pending that came in while I was readying the window cards tonight and I havent gotten to them, but they will go out when I'm back in the office in the morning).

A pretty good way of doing business if you ask me.;)

P.S.... also note the verbiage on the website says.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  9. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

I'll be there this year, I missed last year and I'm looking forward to it.. I'm #20 for pre-registered..

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Looking forward to it Choptop!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  11. been going and will keep goin

12. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

This will be my first, bringing my junkyard jewel, getting ready to try my hand at painting some scallops on my fender skirts.......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  13. 5150 haha

5150 haha
    from Antioch CA

I can't wait!!!

14. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Got the 55' Wagon waxed and loaded. Ready for dawn patrol done the river road. Anybody else from Sac leaving early in the A.M.?

15. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

ill be there! to bad i wont be takin my 53 chevy tho :(

16. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'll be in the jalopy roadster with a few other cars caravaning out of Livermore. I just hope I can still get in at the gate because I didn't preregister!!! ;)

17. Choptop

Choptop

yes you can get register at the gate.

see you there!!

weather looks to be PERFECT for Sat.

18. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

this will be my first time....ive wanted to go forever but never made it (even though its only like an hour and some change drive) my trucks not ready so ill just be spectating , question...is there anybody doing any striping at the show ? just got a new Bell custom 500 M/C helmet that i'd like to get worked on , should i bring it just in case ?
    Fink

19. Cerberus

Cerberus

It is hard to predict who is going to have a vendor's booth. I've been to Billetproof the last four years. I recall seeing artisans of many sorts. Bring the helmet just in case a striper is there. l

20. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

Just finished putting my new transmission in my model a so I will be there

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. Choptop

Choptop

there will be a whole bunch of stripers there. Stop by the panel jam and take yer pick.

22. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

Been working on the '26. Hasn't been out in awhile so it's been a new battery, clean entire fuel system ie. remove and clean the tank, lines, filters, pump, regulater and both carbs all because I forgot to drain the fuel last time I raced it. Billetproof is an event worth the two days of work so far..........

23. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

I will be there with wagon, my 2 boys love this show!

24. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

My buds & I been crunchin hard to bring my '57 F100 back to life, especially for our annual mecca to B'proof... We Pandraggers are proudly hosting the Jive Bomber again, and metal artsman Big B has outdone himself once again. Just got home from another long grinder in the shop, carpoolin back @ 6a w/ my wife, meetin up with club newb Erik and headin south as soon as I get my paycheck...
    Delerious-tired, but I know from the past it's so worth it... last year took a bud to his first B'proof and this year I get to repeat that experience, this time with bringin my own kustom for the first time... can't wait

25. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

cool , thanks ! looking forward to the show
    Fink

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

expect to have a great time!!

27. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I'm lucky enough to be in San Jose working on a pipeline job. I'll be there for sure. TP