Register now to get rid of these ads!

Most popular parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Continental, Sep 12, 2012.

1. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

This weekend I'm going out to see some cars of a friend's relative who just died. The cars are set to be scrapped, but I was able to secure first shot on anything. I'm hard pressed on space right now, but I could make room for a few cars. Plenty of room for parts though, so if I see it, what would be the best things to get?

2. 117harv

117harv

Years, makes???????

3. Agreed. It's hard to advise without knowing what he has. Hotrods, customs, trucks? Old stuff, new stuff? I would think things like carbs, intake manifolds, spindles, brakes, steering wheels, dashes, gauges, hubcaps, would all be small stuff worth grabbing. But again, depends on make and years as Harv said.

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Make?? that's easy, Chevrolet. Anything else is scrap metal.

5. I've made a bit of dough salvaging Stromberg 97s and 37-41 Ford spindles.

6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Pictures!:)

7. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

She hasn't been out there in awhile or know much about cars, but from showing her pictures she remembers some 20s/30s looking cars and remembers him having some finned Cadillacs "like Elvis" she said. She remembers him having a field full of all sorts too. Hard not to let my imagination start running wild.

8. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

There's various things I would get for myself, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any good parts.

I know stuff like Desoto grills, dagmar bumpers, grill shells, 3x2 and 2x4 intakes, Cadillac and Fiesta caps, Packard tail lights, etc, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything. I know later this year I'll be going to view a collection of over 100 cars. So any other suggestions?

9. 117harv

117harv

Banjo rears, wishbones, axles, spindles, flat heads, early trans, loose 40's down sheet metal, early drums, brakes, pedals, windshelds/frames, wheels, frames, headlights, steering boxes, and the list goes on and on and on.

10. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

anything pre 60 should be saved. you never know what people will need

11. Yeah, certainly NO ONE would want a 1920-s or 1930's Ford. Why no one ever makes a HOT ROD out of one. Oh wait, it is what this entire industry is based on.

Good thinking Numbnutz.

12. BISHOP

BISHOP

If there are any 63-64 caddy stuff, let me know. PLEASE PM ME. I will give you my phone #

13. Spoken like a young turd ?

14. 76cam

76cam

Take it all then sort it out later.Unless it just pure junk!!!!!!

15. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Would love to, but as it is my family is about to be short on space, so some family members have already starting scrapping some old iron.

16. bfinch56

bfinch56

Why wouldn't you take whats of interest to you and have the local hambers help you find a home for the rest???? If ANYONE can use ANY of it it should be saved. I wouldn't have the heart to just junk it....

17. 117harv

117harv

Helping others, be it HAMBers or or not, get what they need and save the parts from the scrap yard and make more $$$ than scrap...win win for everyone:)

18. Cop car speedos, gauges, steelies.

Unstuck olds or caddy engines, Corvette FI, magnesium wheels, hard to guess without having some idea what we are talking about.

19. Where abouts in Texas?.I"ve got space/trailer and a little cash.Keep us posted.

20. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

You don't think, maybe, he was pulling your chain a little? Just to see who would bite? IE, "trolling"? :rolleyes:

21. Nah, look at his post, it's about the only thing he seems to have to say in most threads.