Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just picked up a 32 3w coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr.Bomba, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Leave it alone Conrad!!!! Looks GREAT the way it sits.
    The license plates really match the car........
    Thanks again.
    cw.

2. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Damn! if things dont start getting better i might have to put her up FOR SALE! :(

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back in the early '60's I was building a '42 Merc for a drag car I was building. I was young and dumb then, and bought a set of 21 stud Cyclone heads for $10. When I realized they weren't going to fit, I GAVE them away.:eek: Where's my Time Machine?

4. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

hang on to it, things will get better, besides, id sleep in that car befor i sold it..

5. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

There is a thread on here from along time ago with that car in it. I think the owner back then was a hamber. I will see if I can find it. I seen the thread just a couple weeks ago during my searching.

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Story seems right to me; heads as stated above are English 21's, and that 1937 type engine was used into the early 1950's in various English Ford models. They were VERY available as they were made in huge numbers during WWII for English built Bren carriers, trucks, and industrial rigs and lots were in the surplus market...the remaining stock showed up in New York about 40 years ago!
    The steering wheel is English 1932 also.
    The engine can be equipped with '37 type heads if desired or re-set up with '32-36 style yeads and pumps. Plain and finned aluminum heads exist in both forms.

7. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

8. tedspain@gmail.com

[email protected]
    from nz

The reguler 21stud heads fit it ,(Ford Pilot ) The pumps would be in the heads ,Ford had special blank off plates that cover the pump holes in the block ,

9. fryguy

fryguy

I have a set of english Pilot heads on my 37 21 Stud. My uncle took replaced the stock heads with the English Pilot heads. They have the firing order cast in and have the prefix AE-6070. The cast heads have a little more compression than the stock Aluminum heads. It would be cool to find a set of aftermarket aluminum heads for it.

Fryguy