Register now to get rid of these ads!

My First Pinstriping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JReece, Oct 20, 2011.

1. S.F.

S.F.

thanks for back'n me up...

2. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

great job. my only advice to you is connect more lines. but way better than my first time. keep it up

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I like it, post more pics as you go. We LIKE pics!:D

4. JReece

JReece

I really like and appreciate this.

Thanks, JReece

My clothing line HiRevZ Clothing Co.
    http://www.facebook.com/hirevz

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

5. You will only become good with practice. Don't ever let some of these Dudes knock you down, and your dreams of becoming a pinstriper! You can do it with practice and some training. So keep up the good work and posting your work and don't listen to the nah sayer's. We need more pinstripers! Pinstriping is almost a lost art.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  6. JReece

JReece

Thanks man, I don't think anyone here is trying to knock me down. Everybody has a opinion and everyone is entitled to there's. That how I take everything good and bad. There's somethings I like and somethings I don't like, but I always try to find a positive in everything.

I appreciate the positive words! :)

Thanks, JReece

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

7. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

9. sololobo

sololobo

Real nice lines. I just commented on all the great striping in the Friday Art Show. Keep laying down the lines and you are on your way. ~sololobo~

10. Looks good n remember as long as you like it they can kiss a ducks ass!

11. brady1929

brady1929

12. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Personally, I can hardly make a stick figure so you guys are like wizards to me! I got a couple of stripes done this year on my car and I am amazed when I watch you guys work. Like anything else, practice makes perfect and looks like you have a good start.

13. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

I like it, nice first job no matter what you do some will like some won't . you like it, Thats good enough.

14. JReece

JReece

Here's my second attempt from this morning. It's got a real rough and edgy kind of look. I didn't Redo or Fix anything on it. Just laid out real quick. I kinda' like it.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319374568.554954.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319374645.265930.jpg

Thanks, JReece

15. slim tempo

slim tempo

Looks great. Can't wait to try some on my Ipod.

16. JReece

JReece

Thanks man, post it up when you get it done.

Thanks, JReece

17. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I do my own pinstriping, not that I'm picky or hard to please, but that way if I don't like the results - I just look in a mirror and chew the SOB out!

18. JReece

JReece

:) Love It, That's the whole idea! ;)

Thanks, JReece

19. you know i have been thinking about doing some striping on my wilys. i now think i will try to see how looks. expecially since it is going to get new paint sometime soonish (i hope). But that way if i totally screw it up i wont have wasted alot of money and if it looks bad it dont make a difference because new paint is coming.

thanks for the motivation.

20. Go to the pinheadlounge.com my friend.

21. JReece

JReece

Well if you totally screw it up, you could just wipe it off and keep trying. ;)

Thanks, JReece

22. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Nice job on both Jordan!

23. JReece

JReece

Thanks Man!

Thanks, JReece

24. yruhot

yruhot

Adrian, I read your reply about the sacrifice you made over seas and now you can't pinstripe anymore. That really saddens me. I'm a striving pinstripper myself and I wish i was better but I still enjoy trying playing with the paint and geting into the zone. Thanks for you service to our country so we can have the freedom to do what we like to do. YRUHOT.........Doug

25. JReece

JReece

Ok Guys, I know, it's been almost a year! BUT I've been working on a tool box I got at work, so I can put my striping stuff in it. It was crushed on the front left side. I beat it out and started painting. Here's what I did!
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1347494514.659980.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1347494530.700159.jpg
    Here's after I did a little more striping. I like it!
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1347494579.288990.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1347494596.678888.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1347494607.920827.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1347494618.925017.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. Bilt

Bilt

Box looks good! I see you are forming your own style now. I like it. You will end up with a second box as your paint supply grows ;) Red, yellow, blue, black and white expand to a ton of cans before long! But there are a few tricks to pack it all in there like putting your 1shot in smaller glass jars to take with you and keep the big cans at home! Glad to see you are sticking with it!

27. JReece

JReece

Thanks man, I like that, My Own Style!

28. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Where are you in Gainesville? I spent a short stint there in High school, 88-89, went to North Hall H.S.. You ever make it up to Charlotte? I'll give you some pointers.

29. JReece

JReece

Yea, I live near the hospital. All look you up if I get up that way. Y'all have some awesome car shows up there, I hear!

30. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

Keep it up! Way better then my last crappy effort at it.