Register now to get rid of these ads!

REO's anyone ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stant52, May 23, 2008.

1. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

That straight 8 in the Royale has 9, count em' 9 main bearings:eek:

2. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Would you happen to have pictures of the front and the windshield area...That thing is sweet...I'd love to try and copy the top for my '26 Whippet closed cab pick up I'm building! With the little side wing windows and everything...that is so cool!!

3. F&J

F&J

Send me your email if you need detailed pics.

The door tops are held on by 2 bolts for winter use. In summer, you take the door tops off and in case it rains, there is a set of side curtains stored above your head in the headliner compartment. In the first pic you can see the top piece of glass slides up and down, and is held up by 2 rubber tipped thumb screws that push against the glass. 2nd pic, you can see how the upholstery helps seal the door top to the windshield post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. noboD

noboD

F & J, please tell us you aren't going to do anything but drive this truck the way it is? I'm in love!

5. MP&C

MP&C

Took a pic of this 1959 this weekend

[​IMG]

6. cinemafx

cinemafx
    from Vancouver

Here is a REO ex-indy car we worked on years ago. Straight 8 with alloy head
    [​IMG]

7. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Damn, that thing is so bad it requires TWO hood ornaments.

dka

8. Ramblur

Ramblur

How about some Mack jr's built by REO??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

9. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

There was a pretty complete 20s REO Speedwagon 4 door in Osceola, Missouri for sale

10. blacknblue

blacknblue
    from utah

Here are a couple of pictures on one i sold a few months back its a 28 REO wolverine, pretty rare REO only made this model for two years.

Attached Files:

11. HALFAST

HALFAST

I have a survivor 1931 ORIGINAL, unrestored 4 door flying cloud owned since 1963!! I am building a phaeton from swap meet parts,e-bay, and model A frame/front fenders. started with a REO grille shell an a dream. after a lifetime in the reo world I have an unparraled resource for data and parts findin.
    see---- http://www.mypowerblock.com/photo/photo/slideshow?feed_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mypowerblock.com%2Fphoto%2Fphoto%2FslideshowFeedForContributor%3FscreenName%3D3k76g6lam0heq%26mtime%3D1260932316

12. dakota tom

dakota tom
    from dakotas

1935 Flying Cloud

Attached Files:

13. wheelbarrowsgarage

wheelbarrowsgarage
    BANNED
    from Missiry

I bought a mid 40's w ton Reo earlier this year. Hope to turn it into a fenderless truck later. There is not alot of info that I can find but there are people that do stuff with them. Always a good amount of listings on Ebay for parts, books, etc.

14. 23reotim

23reotim
    from arizona

Here is mine the day i got it home. its a 1923 T-6

Attached Files:

15. There is a field in Estevan, Saskatchewan that has lot's of REO trucks.

16. HALFAST

HALFAST

Yesterday 05:54 PM
    HALFAST

Well winter set in for sureat least I'm workin inside. Who would have thought a convertible top could be such a struggle? I guess I should a learned from the Camaro. It's coming along, just lots a measurein an but scratchin. Tom, my helper is a boat top builder who does really wonderful work but this is out of his comfort zone. It's in 1926 Chevrolet top bow set that we made fit our homemade body and unknown windshield frame. amazing what ya can accomplish if you set your mind to it. Hope y'all are winterin well an progressin on yer rods' check out the new white walls/portawalls...
    http://www.mypowerblock.com/photo/ph...heq&uploaded=1

17. RichG

RichG

Found this thread by using the search function... had to bring it up with what I found today, a 1953-55 Reo Flying Cloud Lawnmower. It's a neat looking little bugger, I'm gonna put it in the classifieds but I thought I would share a couple pics here too.

Attached Files:

• 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      100.8 KB
      Views:
    • 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      103.4 KB
      Views:
    • 040.JPG
      040.JPG
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • 036.JPG
      036.JPG
      File size:
      92.2 KB
      Views:
  18. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

You gotta love the oddballs....

19. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Interestingly, that REO mower had a "DECO" (Detroit Engine Company) engine. They were noteworthy due to having an external shaft driven ignition timer. If the points needed attention, you merely popped the cap and fixed the problem-unlike almost all other little one lungers where you had to remove the flywheel to find the points. In addtion, that engine became the "spec" engine for all modern 1/4 Midget racers.

20. mlagusis

mlagusis

The company (Nucor Steel) that owns the company (Harris Rebar) I work for used to be REO.

21. Ramblur

Ramblur

22. this truck is Ass-Ripper! dude.....keep it just like that and drive it! you're a lucky man

23. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I have one of those cabs that I can't give away, not bad shape either, good doors. Hood and fenders are bent up tho. I got it for the headlights.

24. Here is a REO Pedal Wrecker I hand built with some old pedal car front and rear end and wheels.

Attached Files:

25. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

If I had that It would be TIME FOR ME TO FLY.

26. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here are a couple of old time REO's. The cab over crew cab was in service until 1949. The '49 Gold Comet was in service until 1971.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

27. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

I have one i'm working on... 1927 REO coupe

Attached Files:

28. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

For what it's worth, that Indy car pictured previously was (most likely) the ELCO ROYALE which finished 9th in the Indy 500 in 1931. Cliff Bergere qualified it 14th and drove the 358" Royale engined car to a 9th place finish at an average speed of 91.8 m.p.h.The winning Miller 151 averaged 96.6 m.p.h. this was the second year of what was known as the "junk formula) where stock block engines up to 366" were allowed.