Register now to get rid of these ads!

Had a visitor in the shop today Dad came close to getting bit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by outlawsteel, Sep 6, 2012.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HaHa! Too true!! But on a serious side a dead snake can still envenomate so be careful when disposing of a dead snake!!

Doc.

2. I would think with the wild hogs you wouldnt have snakes. My hogs kill and eat snakes. every hog Ive ever been around would eat snakes. there arent any wild hogs in the part of Arkansas where I live. We have bears in Arkansas there is even a Hunting season.

3. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

ok, so anything that "ain't got no legs and can move faster than me...is the debil (waterboy) and I ain't got no time for the debil".

4. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

PB that is the exact same story my ole man told me when I was young when teaching me about snakes. And it is the same story I will tell my daughter.

5. Larry T

Larry T

Am I the only one that remembers the Johnny Rivers song-The Snake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7QRiKIc9vM

6. what about the black momba i allways heard that was the bad boy when it came to venimous snakes

7. yea you dont want her being bitten by a trouser snake!:D

8. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

In the 1970's, there was a guy, Mr. Diaz, who did backhoe work for my father. One day, his 2 year old daughter was in their small, fenced back yard and a friendly snake bit her right near the eye socket. Within 2 days the infection had caused them to have to remove her eye, and within 5 days it had spread to her brain and she was dead. I saw Mr. Diaz a few years ago - looked like hell and his daughter was still dead.

That's why even friendly snakes, God Bless their hearts, get all mushy when I introduce them to Mr. Winchester.

9. Holy crap I got tired watching that chick on the left.
    Now I see Johnny, drummer, base player & I hear at least 5 different horns, where are they at?.

10. My understanding is that it is Navajo lore, but I could be wrong.

If you were busy watching the chick on the left I'll bet I know where at least one of them was at. ;)

11. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Now them snakes WILL meet Mr Winchester.:D

12. 5foot2

5foot2
    from Maine

I'm not sure I could live in snake country. Venomous snakes CREEP me out. I grew up in western Washington and the worst thing there were black recluse spiders. I'm in Maine now and the most venomous thing we have are the damn mosquitoes and black flies. The little bastards will try and suck you dry, but aren't likely to kill you (or your kids, or dogs).