Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall canfield next weekend Sept 14-16th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Sep 9, 2012.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'll be in my same old spot in the hay grain building Saturday morning....hope to see you there. look for the banner

2. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

Probably won't make it this time. Hope you have good weekend.

3. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

4. papajohn

papajohn

Probably going Saturday. Working out the details.

5. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

That's a pretty long haul from Buffalo papajohn....it's a nice fairgrounds to walk, paved walkways except infield and fall is usually a good turnout of vendors....good luck finding what you need if you go.

6. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

Hi Bob;If I can make it it will have to be Sun,as you probably know we will all be at Pittsburgh raceing in the Keystone Nostalgia Nationals ,it should be fun never been there,Dave

7. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Can't blame you there Dave.....The 3 other vendors that I usually "bunk with" (share a motel room with) at Canfield are all going to Pgh Raceway Park Saturday if it doesn't rain...so they are setting up Friday, staying closed Saturday and going to Pgh ....then coming back to reopen Sunday.....what some people won;t do to drag race huh !!!

8. Ramblur

Ramblur

Was just up there and got home just yesyerday.:( BUT, I already pre-scored this from a buddy who planned on dragging it to Canfield.:D

[​IMG]

Oh,and here's a post WWII aerial view,probably from the era that Nascar ran their Memorial Day weekend race there on the dirt.

[​IMG]

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Weather is looking a bit brighter, Friday scattered TS' Sat ad Sunday should be less than 20%. At least with canfield the walkways are all asphalt (except the track and the track normally isn't used in fall)

10. violet springs

violet springs

I'll be setting up sat. and selling some Willys parts. spot 1066 syop by and say hello.

[​IMG]

11. 383 240z

383 240z

I'll be there, need some autobody stuff, a few tools, hoping to find a deal on a motor for one of my OT toys. Heck I might find some parts for the hot rod!! Keith

12. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

By myself violet springs but I'll try and make it over....you always stop and see me !

13. 383 240z

383 240z

Did not get what I went for, do we ever?? How ever I did find a few good deals on the race track. Got a fuel tank and a bench seat frame for my 41 Chevy truck for $50 and a complete clutch/brake pedal assembly for $5. I bought one off eBay for $45 bucks and it was missing one push rod and a special pivot bolt. I figured for $5 I am not turning them on my lathe. Keith

14. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Glad you sold your items Violet Springs....and the hook up sunday was great, wasn't sure you were coming back Sunday