Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gassers at Indy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WillysRule, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great time we had at Indy. Even though the weather wasn't all that great we had alot of fun with our S&S Racing Team family. The Big John car is just beautiful and Bones had a great run in it. He had a smile on his face whenever he was near it. I got to spend some time in the car and it's very comfortable. It's too bad that Bones couldn't make it back this weekend but he will probably be in it out to Bakersfield. Rocky you did good!!!
    Gasser Girl[​IMG]

2. smautobody

smautobody

Yes I agree Big John car is wayyy more beautiful in person pics. don't do it justice those guys did a amazing job

3. an old video from 2007 I took with some great sound of the Bizio truck

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WYK7Mq_uI08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. GLASS BUCKEYE

GLASS BUCKEYE

Sure do miss those gassers! Would someone please go to the tower and suggest to the announcer that it is candy apple red and candy blue.Please ....no candy apple blue.Great show as always.

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just talked with Rocky and they are on their way. The weather looks great for the weekend. Lets hope they show them on T.V. Bones was unable to return for the show so Rocky will be driving the Big John car.

6. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Yeah, I'm still looking for one of those blue candy apples.;)

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Freddy Bear driving the K.S. Pittman car has won Indy. Congrats Freddy Bear:D:D

8. TOM O'CONNELL

TOM O'CONNELL
    from VIRGINIA

Freddy Bear on a roll! Congrats!

9. rooman

rooman

Final round as seen from the top of the tower.

[​IMG]

Roo

10. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

He ran too fast. They are on a index.

11. Ok, that makes sense.... They never made that clear during the coverage. What was the index, 5.80?

12. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

They probably didnt know to be honest. I think it was supposed to be 5.60. Steve went a 5.57, which out of all of them he was really the only one that could have given Fred a real race, no offence to the others, but nobody else was in the 60's even over the race if I remember correctly.

13. I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to have seen Fred and the '56 run no index, all out....

14. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

I forgot the Bizio truck ran a 5.44 in qualifying also, but they didnt return.

15. smautobody

smautobody

I guess everybody has a would have could have should have run that was mine, I just don't know how to lift I drive the 56 one way and thats pedal to floor. the run had to look cool I didn't think the front wheels were gonna come down and when I shifted they came back up man what a ride :D

16. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Its OK Steve, you had a blast and thats all that counts. Running index is tricky, and I know it confused a lot of people I talked to that were following the deal that didnt know the story of how it was being run. The cars looked great from the pics I seen though. If they all ran as good as yours it would have been even better.

17. smautobody

smautobody

I understand having the index because if not then it just comes down to who ever has the fattest wallet wins and that would suck if that was the case. To me this was a blast and I knew I was close to the index and the air was alot better than the week before, but I still gave it more fuel and blower cause I wanted to come out of the hole hard and show the crowd that these ol cars can kickass AA/GS forever!

18. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

I know, tuff to find a happy medium for everyone. You did a great job though as usual. See if we cant line up a couple more times before the years over.

19. smautobody

smautobody

thanks Micky sounds great

20. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everyone that went to this race and went down the track were winners. It would be an honor for me just to say that i was invited to Indy and got to run down that historical track. Congrats to all of you.

21. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Congrats Steve your still livin' the dream!!

22. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

23. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

We race first to the finish line, winner gets the win light....we have a gentleman's agreement between ourselves that 5.60 is the performance limit.
    Go quicker than that and you "break" and will not return for the next round. We also have a clause that if two cars BOTH want to run it all out they can wave the break out ET, at that point the only concern is the chassis cert is 8.50 in these cars that equates to a 5.42. On non NHRA tracks, that don't care about rules, the cars can go as fast as they want. ALL of the racers that run with us agreed on this performance standard. This is the best we could come up with to ensure cars that have the "look" of the 60's could race together.

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Twelve cars were invited to Indy, twelve cars that best reflected the AA/GS cars that raced at Indy prior to June of 67 when Ohio George came out
    with his on the ground 67 Mustang and forever changed the face of AA/GS.
    Out of the cars invited eight of the cars had run 5.70's or quicker, the other four were cars "way" up in the air that ran in the low 6's. The reason we run on a "gentleman's" performance standard is to ensure the class will not become a "cookie" cutter class, it also ensures close side by side racing. This class isn't for everyone, its for the guys and gals that love the early 60's gassers look and behavior. From all reports the cars were a hit and apparently we're doing something right as NHRA has invited us back in 2013.

25. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Steve,

You and your team did a GREAT job! Yourself and your crew "GET IT"..!! Its a pleasure to run with you all!

Rocky

26. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

No need to explain it to me, I know how it goes, its your sandbox. No problem from me with the index, but dont try and say its isnt one when it is, its ok.

27. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Every car with a chassis cert that runs at a NHRA track has a ET limit, including yours. You have bad mouthed what we have done from the beginning, shame, Good luck with your sandbox, and I sincerely mean it.

28. W.T.F.

Some of you gasser guys remind me of old women or pre-schoolers.

There's always some sort of bullshit & drama even out by me. Oh if you don't play the way I or my group says then you don't get to play! Whaaa whaaa whaaaa

Can't you guys just shut up and freakin' race?!?!

29. beegator

beegator

Rocky, Congrats to you, Bill, Tom, Freddy, Michele, & everyone on your hard working crew. I've had the pleasure to watch you guys in action & the pleasure to break bread with everyone in the gasser group. Everyone helps each other no matter what. You won Indy, you won Indy, you won Indy.