Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything to do in East Lansing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grumper, Aug 15, 2005.

1. grumper

grumper

A few of us are heading to the races this weekend at MIS and are staying in East Lansing. Are there any good places to have some beers at night?

grumper

2. 12packo94s

12packo94s

If i remember right the name of the place was the millionaires club or something to that effect, but i haven't been in there since my little brothers bachelor party!!!

3. grumper

grumper

4. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Dagwood's is right off 127....Kalamazoo exit I think.

My old band played there once (not rockabilly), that place is cool, small...real small, but good atmosphere :cool: .

The green door is right in the neighborhood one block up on Michigan go west a block or two it's on the north side..they always have good bands of some sort there.. There are a few Irish pubs around that area too, cruise around before you get shnockered and check a few locations for later hopping...it's hard to get lost in that part of Lansing, just stay west of 127, I know that is pretty much grid patterned roads...

Michgan, Kalamazoo and Pennsylvania are the three main drags...

Have fun,
    HRD :cool:

5. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

oh yeah, Mac's is on K-zoo or Michigan (sorry can't remember exactly), it's not too hard to spot, dirty shit hole, say's Mac's out front, they alway's have bands on the weekend and draw a dirty crowd....if you're into that :rolleyes:

I've played there and some friends that can hold a band together for more than a year play there often, but most other bands that play there suck, they draw big crowds though....wierd when you think about :confused:

6. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

Hey Drummer, do you know of a place in that area where you go through a door then down some dark, wicked stairs, under a building, and there's kind of an underground club there?

I worked up that way for a while and remember some hot betties in that joint.

7. Here's the deal,

If you want to look at some fine college ladies, stay downtown E.lansing. There are at least five bars within a block, 8-10 within two blocks. Look for MAC ave, that will get you close. If you would rather look for sophistication, older crowd, etc., you may be better off heading down Michigan ave. toward the capitol.

I speak from experience, any questions just ask.:D

phil

8. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Isn't the most popular pasttime burning couches?

Go Blue.

9. Anything to do in East Lansing?

How bout PLENTY o' college chicks... don't ask how I know!

Jay
    (who graduated from Ferris State, thank God!)

10. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

it's on Michigan.

11. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I guess I'm old :eek: :rolleyes: hehehe

12. I think that bar downstairs was called the landshark when I lived there. they had a drink called "combat juice" but I think it was just bar rag squeezin's with army men floating in it. I never barfed so much red.

13. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I thought the only thing to do in east lansing was watch your team loose:D . Or plant corn :p !

Seriously though, off of Mac are some good bars, and you sure can't beat the ladies! (Grew up 20 mi. north of MOO U)

Go BLUE..

14. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

The Deja Vu in Lansing actually has ATTRACTIVE women!:eek:

15. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Heh, that was the first Vu I went to when I was 18...fond memories:p

16. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Wait a minute. You're going to the NASCAR event? Do you realize Dream Cruise is this weekend? My friend, you are spending your time on the wrong side of the state, involved in the wrong type of car-related activity.

17. grumper

grumper

Yeah I know. I was going to go to the dream cruise with another group of guys, but I decided to go watch the rednecks chase each other in a circle instead.

18. My first job out of high school was as a DJ at the Vu out on Logan St.!

Hey HotRodDrummer, what band were you in? I grew up in Lansing.

In E.L., Rick's American Cafe' is downstairs, too, and less fratty. The Peanut Barrel is more of a locals joint, but still has great "scenery" and you can throw peanuts on the floor.
    Be sure to get some food at El Azteco.

Dagwood's rules. Mac's is on Michigan Ave. Omar's downtown on Michigan by the capital is a good topless joint, if you like a beer with your ballet.

19. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

Ricks american cafe, on campus, off abbott.

20. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

At least we have hot looking babes to enjoy the fire with, nothing but bow-wows in AA.:D

21. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Yeah but Eastern is just down the road, Ahh EMU chicks ROCK! I know, I married one!
    "Once a Huron always a Huron!"

22. Shakey Jakey

Shakey Jakey

"yeah but"....is that the best you can do? Do I sense a little MSU/UM talk here? :)

23. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I'd love to interject a comment here on the afore mentioned university typically associated with farming and dary heards. However I believe Ryan and the rest of the group do not wish to hear about a certian inter-state rivalry. :D :D