Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fordillac, going, going, GONE.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Sep 11, 2012.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

It's all over now but the shouting, the '36 is sold. Now what will I do with all that money and free time?:D

Read more, if you're wondering what I was thinking, here...http://flynbrian48.wordpress.com/

Brian

Attached Files:

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Great write up, and it helps me to understand WHY. Good luck with your next project, whatever it may be!

3. Racrdad

Racrdad

Nice write up on your blog as to why and it sounds like you made the right decision but somehow for some odd reason I hate to see it go. Looking forward to seeing some progress on your T Bird for sure!

4. striper

striper

I know how it is with all the stuff you'd do different Brian. I'd like to change a lot on mine, but I'm far from thinking of selling. Good luck with all your other projects.

Pete

5. squirrel

squirrel

surprising, but sounds like a good decision. Of course you'll regret it in a decade or two...

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Thanks guys. I'm sure Jim that I will, just like I regret letting the '59 Retractable go 30 years ago, and the chopped '56 Caddy 'vert 20 years ago. Lacking a 20 or 30 car garage, I can't keep 'em all, but they're still fresh in my mind.

Brian

7. Model T1

Model T1

Love your reports flynbrian. Glad to see that piece of crap 36 gone............. Whaaa! :mad:
    As stated, you did make the right choice. I'm sure it wasn't easy!
    Wife loved the 50's gals next to the RV. I really didn't notice them standing there! Kool photo from the other side of RV. I only looked because I like unusual photoshoots!
    Now no excuses for not finishing those other small projects you've been putting off.
    Damned you have fun!:D
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_8151303", true); </SCRIPT>

8. Yeah, your reasoning is concrete.
    I doubt that car will ever get changed or modified, so really
    it has just gone to a new caretaker who thinks it
    is the best car ever! And that's not a bad thing.
    Love your Diamond T , btw

9. Read your blog and I would say you made the right decision - as I say to my wife when she questions what I have just done - What shall I do about it now?

You may have been trying to sell it a year from now to liquidate some cash and not found a buyer or sold it for a lot less, so you made the right choice.

Onward with the other projects!

10. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

after reading your blog, & the comments you wrote trashing me on my now deleted build thread... I've decided rather than beat you up about it, I'll just wish you well on your new builds, & let you know, I'll not let mine go so easily, after doing each weld, & turning every bolt... once it's finally completed & driving...

I love the Diamond T BTW... will be interested to see where you take that

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Congrats Brian, I am kinda in the same boat with my 51 Chevy...when I think of all the stuff I would like to change on it its easier to build something else, and I need to throw money at the 47 too and would like to pick up some parts for the other future projects as well.Now if my buddy would just show up with the rest of the money and take the car all would be well ! I cant wait to see the Diamond T get wrapped up, I love that truck!

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Thanks guys for the comments about the blog, it's fun. Each long gone (but sorely missed) car has lead to other, and better things. The Diamond T will be fun, and, hopefully, much more comfortable to drive.

And, Magnum Wheel Man, I wasn't trashing you, it was tough love.;) You can do better.

Brian

13. You don't have to reply to my PM now!:D

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why do I hear B.B. King in the background...

FWIW, as well as my own personal outlook, sometimes the juice is the build itself. It's also the danger of doing this stuff for a living. Sometimes it's work rather than aesthetics. I also agree, it's always your car. That feeling tends to outweigh parting with it over time. Less time than you might think.

15. 416Ford

416Ford

Congrats Brian. You going to get the Diamond T to Kzoo?

16. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hell no! LOL, if I hadn't spent the last two weeks, almost three, camping, I'd have it done! As it is, I just ordered w/s gaskets from Steele now. I have paint the garnish moldings and I found some sanding marks on the tailgate (rolling a project out in the sun is sometimes not always a good thing!) that I may not be able to live with, so there's a little more painting to be done.

I may not even go, as I think the transporter will be here on Sat. to pick the car up. I do want to, if only to make the swap meet, now that my Hot Rod fund is flush. On second thought, maybe not going is a better idea...

Brian

17. Big Nick

Big Nick

Great write up! Its hard to part with them especially after you put so much into them.I am looking to sell one of the bikes I just finihsed and its killing me but this just helped move it along. Thanks

18. OK, I get it. Still seems like a hard thing to do but I know how it goes. I'm faced with doing the same sometime soon when it's time to build my next car, I know I can't keep them all. Darn!