Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 9/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Was getting ready to go work on my trailers and equipment(down day) that morning. Didn't get a lot done ended up watching the TV most of the morning.

2. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Went to bed early the night before, here in Australia, had the alarm set for an early start, clock radio goes of at 6.00am, and this is something I will never forget, it goes something like this
    " our normal programming has been suspended due to America coming under attack", at that moment I thought the world was coming to an end.
    For the many victims and families their world did come to an end. RIP

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Working in a local restoration shop. Watched tv most of the day. That night at home it was very quite with no traffic patterns working into DFW. My son was at DFW set to fly into the D.C. Area. Sad day for our country. Sadder day that at church Sunday they made no mention of it. Also for the next several days I kept my Police radio with me and my uniform and gear ready to go. May God continue to bless us..

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I was sitting in my 8th grade math class when the teachers began turning on the classroom TV's. I'll never forget that moment. I grew up and live about 2 hours from NYC so 9/11 really affected everyone here. A lot of people lived around here and commute to work in NY. I'll never forget that day; it was a cool, crisp september morning. The sun was shining and the sky was bright blue; there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was a beautiful, peaceful morning. We sat wondering in the classroom; how such a beautiful morning could be the setting for such horrific tragedy. America changed that day and we found a new pride in ourselves and who we were/are. I'll never forget listening to the teachers say 4 times that a plane had hit again. I'll neve forget the pride in this country that developed after that day.

Ill never forget driving home from the farm with my parents in the few days after the tragedy around 730-8pm. The highways and roads were quiet and the American flags flew everywhere. Every car had a flag on it. i remember driving and looking up to the sky. It was crystal clear and the stars were twinkling above. There were no planes in the sky above and the radio in the car echoed the riveting speeches given by President Bush. This nation was coming together in the wake of a horrid disaster and it was awe inspiring.

I visited Ground Zero in NYC about 2 years after that day. The debri's were not quite cleared from the giant craters left in the ground and the surrounding buildings were closed off and still exhibiting horrendous damage suffered that day. A large cross stood at the gate on the sidewalk. It was made from the twisted beams from one of the towers. The fence line was covered in flowers, American flags, and memorials. In the midst of all the hussle and bussle of New York City; no one spoke a word there and the only sound was the sound of the vehicles busling by. I clung to the fence and just stared at the craters of what was left of those towers. It was mind boggling to be standing there.

I was doing farm chores this morning when the sun rose from the horizon once again over the crisp, cool, dew filled fields on the east coast of America. The sky is, once again, bright blue without a cloud in sight. For some reason I always feel the most emotion when the weather is exactly the way it was. The sun is shining this morning over the greatest country on earth. We have risen from the ashes of a tragedy that was supposed to rip us apart. May God Bless all of the heroes and innocent lives lost that day. May God bless this great country. Never forget 9/11

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. RamJet1

RamJet1

Had the day off, got up and turned on the computer. Saw the image of the first tower burning on the MSN home page and thought it was for some new movie. When I read the facts I was stunned. My inlaws were visiting, so I ran into the living room and turned on the TV. We all watched the rest unfold in complete disbelief.
    I remember the quiet skies for the next few days as well.

6. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Off Duty(Upstate N.Y. FireFighter), alot of us went to Station, watched in disbelieve. A Handful of Guys where deployed, being on U.S.A.R. Team. The rest of us felt Helpless. Recieved orders not to respond on our own without Request. Wife and I are wearing Red/White & Blue Ribbons today. Got up early and put Flags out . . .

7. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I was 5 blocks away from the north tower in a meeting. The meeting had just ended when the first plane hit. The sounds, odors and the chaos of that day were horrific, but it woke me up. I now enjoy every moment of every day and don't worry about anything. ANYTHING.

8. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

God bless America! God bless Gitmo and waterboarding! I still get a pain in my stomach when I think about that day.

9. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Thanks for posting this. I was at work.
    I lost some friends that morning, they were at work in the towers, they worked for Chase. I worked in PA. At the time I was on the phone with one of my co-workers in the towers and the phone went dead in mid conversation. I never spoke to them every again.....
    I remember the following weekend we were going down to the car show in Wildwood NJ. That weekend as the cars were displayed on the boardwalk there were flags on every car. Remember " Never Forget" I will never forget, :(
    Denise

10. 76cam

76cam

I was delivering ice cream on my blue bell route.Heard it on the raido and couldn't belive what I was hearing.When I got back to the office the tv was on and I got to see it.Still couldnt belive it.

11. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

It was a birthday I will never forget.

We were at work when someone said that a plane hit the 1st building. The TV was on in the customer waiting room and we watched as the 2nd plane hit the other tower.

The twist to it all was I had a step brother on the 1st plane that crashed in to the north tower, he was on his was to visit family in Arizona. :(

Still thinking of you David.

Cliff Ramsdell

12. Swede64

Swede64

On vacation when work called and asked if i could come in to help.
    I work as a crew controller at Scandinavian Airlines. It was a complete chaos at work and they needed every one they could get. I was to far away and could only watch the unreal scenes on tv.

13. I was in college. I didn't have TV. I got up and was getting ready to go to class listening to the radio and it came on and they were talking about it. I called my mom and dad. Then I ran up to a cafeteria to see it on TV.

I went on to class. Our professor was at a loss for words and just decided to cancel. All of them did that day. All of them except one. He was from Libya. Toward the end of class he stopped lecturing and asked us why we wanted to be aeronautical engineers. Some guys said, 'because they wanted to put a man on mars' or 'because they wanted to build passenger jets'. He said, "I think you all need to consider designing airplanes to go get THOSE guys." Some of us went to work for Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, Sikorsky, etc.

14. outlaw256

outlaw256

i was just wakin up as i had fallen asleep on the couch with the tv on. when i woke up and saw the first plane going in i thought it was a movie and just kinda sat there wonering what movie it was. then the second plane came in. now i find out its not a movie and i got sick. ive never wanted to kill some one as bad as i did that day and for a long time after. when they cklaimed responcability for doing it i really had somewhere to focus my hatred. takin along time for me to deal with it.how dare them sobs attacking my country like that and killin kids and women .i wanted to drop a a bomb on themm all!!

15. Was working the Stryker program at the time and was in one of those tele-video type training classes that was being broadcast from the east coast when the teach told us he heard the news, the screen then switched to CNN or Fox and we sat there watching as plane #2 hit.

Our facility went to lockdown mode for a short period, then we were released to go home & not to report back to work until notified. A co-worker's husband & others had gone to the Pentagon for some meetings; we found out later when they tried to get a flight home that all planes were grounded. They were advised to drive their rental car home from D.C.

About a week later I had to fly out to Santa Barbara CA for work related stuff, we got 'wanded' several times and all luggage was searched and re-searched - I never felt more secure when flying. Sad, scary times.

16. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

i will never forget, i was unloading my 66 gto off the car hauler at the exhaust shop, harlin came out to tell me someone just flew a small plane into the WTC, no big deal i thought. got to work and turned on the tv, here comes the second one right then ! lets just say not many cars got sold that day, we just sat and stared in disbelief all day at the tv. glad they killed the cocksucker, but they needed to peel his skin off with a butterknife !

17. I never will...

Attached Files:

18. Before they killed him...

19. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

My friend Eric and I were at work watching CNN on the computer after we heard the buzz that one of the towers had been hit. The feed was slow because the whole world was tryin to get news. Our boss was standing there with us. I said to Eric,"we need to get to a TV", "my house?". Eric said , "yep" and we got up to go. The boss said,"you guys cant just leave!". I said,"we're under attack, we're goin to my house. You can AWOL us, stop our time, hell go with us for all I care but we're goin". We sat at my house and watched it all go down, feeling angry, sad and a million other emotions I still can't put my finger on. I sat there with my 4 year old on my lap holdin her like it would be the last time. My wife, on the phone with a friend talking about stupid shit with a friend as usual, was oblivious to it all. I knew then that one day I would divorce her and raise this kid myself, which I now do. I couldn't believe she didn't care. It taught me alot about her that day.

The shop we build cars in is at my brothers house. The neighbor across the street, is a great guy. He left for boston that after noon to be with family. His brother was the pilot of the first plane to hit the towers. We kept this quiet so he wasn't hounded by the news people, I was amazed they never found out.

It was a day I will never forget. Ever.

Sent from my Droid powered Samsung Galaxy S

20. Lild

Lild

I was working as was my wife. Our kids were in daycare, way too young to understand what was happening.

21. upspirate

upspirate

At the bank getting money to buy an O/T vehicle

22. I was in a white Chevy pick-up on my way to Metro Milwaukee Auto Auction to buy cars at a G.M. auction. When I got there, everyone,( about 275 guys ) was in the cafeteria watching the various TVs they have in there, it was dead silent, the auction lanes were shut down and we were all walking around in disbelief. My good friend Butch was on the phone with his son who was sitting at the kitchen table with his deer rifle and crying, he thought we were being invaded. he was 15 at the time. It was a horrible day. I spent 21 months in Viet Nam but nothing is as clear to me as the images from 9/11.
    For all the heros, the men and women, sons and daughters, and familys of those who gave thier lives, We Will Never Forget.

23. I was at work. Watching the events unfold on a BBC station. The pain is still there. To the bastards that did this crime, our troops will F$$K up your day. NEVER FORGET! God Bless USA!

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Taking my daughter to school.

25. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Was a 16 year old hs drop out, watching tv when the news came through and my volunteer fire department was paged out to be on duty in case shit went down at a nearby nuclear powerplant. Never forget those images, or the innocent and brave people of that day.

26. I was in Riyadh, SA, working on a defense contract. With the time difference, we had just got off work and arrived at our compound just moments after the first plane hit the WTC. We had CNN, BBC and Sky News on the satellite, so we were pretty well glued to the TV as soon as we turned it on. I immediately thought terrorist attack - why else would an aircraft hit the world's tallest building on a perfectly clear day? I called my wife back in the US to see if she was watching, and she was. When that second jet hit Tower One, I freaked! I was livid, and knew in my gut that somehow Saudis were involved. It was a horrible, sinking feeling that cemented the fact that the people that were allegedly our "allies", were not.

Going to work the next day was quite the event. I was driving a Chevrolet Caprice, which was the Aussie export version of the Holden Commodore, along with three of my co-workers. This car had a 5.7L V-8, essentially a Camaro drivetrain. The reason I mention this, is that I was pretty certain I'd have to use that car's capabilities. Four Caucasian guys in a car in Saudi Arabia stands out in traffic, just a bit. I had several instances where the civilian drivers would try to make me wreck, and this was a nearly twenty mile commute for us. And, we were not armed. We made it to work fine, but our "hosts" made it clear that it was "our fault" for what happened on September 11th. I quit the contract that day and flew to London that Friday, where I had to wait for US airspace to open up three days later for foreign flag air carriers.

On the way home, once we were in sight of Canada, the pilot announced "Ladies and gentlemen, we are now in Canadian airspace. You can see Newfoundland out the right side of the aircraft!" Cheers from front to back! Once the British Airways London-Chicago flight landed at O'Hare, the entire 747 erupted in applause that we were back on US soil. Someone started singing "God Bless America", and immediately the entire aircraft full of people from all over, were one in song. Hadn't cried like that in many years. It was the most wonderful thing!

Once I got the connection to DFW, I ended up missing the connector to OKC by nearly two hours. I was not about to wait 12 hours for a 225-mile flight, so I rented a Mustang convertible and drove to OKC. The solitude was incredible. Very little traffic. Time to think and reflect. I got home in time to give my wife a big 'ol kiss and then pick up our boys at school. As soon as I saw them and they me, they both yelled "Daddy! and ran to the car! Couldn't hug my kids enough at that point. I'll never, ever forget that time. Ever.

I've never been back to the ME since. That whole part of the world can all rot in Hell, for all I care.

And you can bet your ass that I'll NEVER forget, or forgive.

27. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Born and raised in Brooklyn NY...I was driving to work in Tampa when I heard it on the radio...got to work and at the time I worked with a family run business, so we basically stopped what we were doing to listen to the news and trying to find information on the internet about what was going on...

I didn't hear from my father until 10 PM that night, he still lives up there and was working on a building in Downtown Manhattan (Local Union 1) ...thankfully he was alright but he was one of those people who had to walk home over the Brooklyn bridge...hence not me hearing from him until 10 PM...I was scared to death at the thought that I lost my father, his job was so close and I was petrified...

Days after 9/11, I couldn't function, I literally camped out on my couch, watching the news, going from horribly upset to raging mad...

I spent a lot of time in those buildings, my mother used to work in Tower 1 and I remember going there as a little girl for "Bring your kid to work day..." I saw them every single day of my life, every time I go visit, I visit the WTC site...but it's not the same...the city looks so different, I wish they would of rebuilt them exactly as the way they were...

Prayers and thoughts to all the firemen, cops and service personnel as well as the victims and their families today...

28. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

2nd hour metal shop class, They let us go home from school shorty after that. Bunch of guys and I went back to my mom and dads house and watched it on t.v. for the rest of the day....

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

At work watching it on TV..right after I heard something on the radio, My thoughts at that time.."act of war"

and to this day, its not over..maybe its because the real people behind it, arnt dead yet

30. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

I was at work watching the TV. As a fellow firefighter I couldn't believe what I was seeing. NEVER FORGET those that died that day! God bless them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.