Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Watertown, SD-Vintiques Rod Run (photo heavy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MCINK, Sep 9, 2012.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Is that lavender 32 the same one with the Police speedometer? I seem to remember seeing the car in person and thinking that was a cool feature.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. bonesy

bonesy

Wow! What an outstanding Group of cars! Thanks so much for posting these shots.

3. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

I can tell you on the equipment pictures that my dad enjoys finding and rebuilding vintage industrial equipment as much as his passion for collecting an and building cars

4. NUMBER

NUMBER
    from MN

Had a great time at Watertown again this year. Will be back again next year same camp spots, won't miss this one. Great time great people. Super assortment of cars.

5. TomH

TomH

Thanks Trent.

6. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Great time as always! Got to see so many great cars and great people. I am always disappointed when Sunday comes it should be at least one more day long.

7. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

Thanks for posting the pics. Especially those of my 37GMC, . I've had it for 30 years and only seen about 10 others. Great time, good company and good food. Listening to the gentleman that built the car with the "Eve of Destruction" nose art, was worth the trip ( A roadster with a early Olds V8).

8. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

I hear ya there....He is from the Spencer, IA area and I learn something from him everytime I see him. Very entertaining too.

9. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Looks like a great time,great pics of all the shops,gonna have to check this show out....Rob

10. 19-c

19-c

the Vintiques always have a great show. This year was no exception. When I die I want heaven to be like gribbles shop! haha

11. A Boner

A Boner

Tom I was really liking the luggage rack on your modified, and now you have a pick up box.......all I have is room for a tooth brush. After I met you at Bonneville, I often thought about your luggage rack, and why I wasn't smart enough to put one on my modified.
    Looks like a fun rod run.......lots of slick HOT RODS.
    -Dennis

12. carryallman

carryallman

NOT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD ? but WHAT happened to "vampirilla ?" anglia ?did it get rebuilt or? thanks anybody for any info ? mike -always looking for old anglia stuff !!!

13. Stormin' Norman1

Stormin' Norman1

Great pics, capturing some fine detail. Nice looking town. Thanks for sharing.

14. LordoftheDance

LordoftheDance
    from Fargo, ND

Great pics, Watertown was a blast once again!! Thanks to the Gribbles and Vintiques!!

15. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

I am sure Terry Grosz (the owner/driver when it rolled) will be at Thunder Valley Dragways for the Stock/Super Stock Combo race this weekend, so I will try to ask him what he did with the car after it was wrecked.

16. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

More 3 window pics....

Attached Files:

17. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

more pics

Attached Files:

18. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

and more....

Attached Files:

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Any idea if this is a '56 Chevy with '55 Chevy wheelwells, or a '55 Chevy with '56 210 trim...???

R-

20. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

any info on this T with the redram hemi?

21. Great pics Chris! The kids are growing like weeds too! I'm going to try and visit grandpa when I come back in the next few days.

22. TomH

TomH

Hey Dennis, The pick up box works out a lot better, with a cover on it the "stuff" is kept out of sight.

The luggage rack and the pickup box were both after thoughts. Had to figure out a way to mount them. I should remember how the back of yours looks, cause for awhile it seemed like I was seeing it ever ware. ;). I would think you could come up with something.

Hopefully our paths will cross again someday.
    Tom

23. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

all I know about it is that it is cool, and it shows up at cruise night most every Saturday night at the local Hardees.

maybe Dakota Kid can chime in on this one...

24. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

nice pics, Chris...

I really liked the 60 Chevy wagon, but never got a good shot of it at the lake or the show.
    I used to have a 60 sedan delivery in a previous life, it was a roach, but I loved driving it.

25. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

Cant remember the name of the guy with the T coupe he lives south of sioux falls. Him and his brother both have hemi powered cars. Good guys

26. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

They are growing. They always have a blast at Vintiques Run. I hope they grow up to enjoy the people that they meet every year. Jagger is 9 and Presley is 6 already. Just had a little girl 8 weeks ago too. Madilyne Grace. She attented her first run as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  27. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

Great images. Sure looks like a lot of fun. Randy's ride in stunning!!!

Thanks for posting. Appreciate it!

28. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Wow, there are some sweet rides in South Dakota! Can't believe I'm saying this, but I dig the lavender coupe...

29. Congratulations Chris! Your Dad and talked the day she was born. I happened to call when they were in Sioux Falls that day. I'll bet you all are pretty busy around the house these days!

30. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

Thanks. Ya not much time for anything but family. Got the 4 door workin good. I can fit them all in there. Get some windows and interior I hope this winter

Attached Files: