Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falcon Wagon leafs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcm65, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

Hey I have a 1964 4 door falcon wagon I've had for about 6 months and I'm trying to get leaf springs and subframe connectors for it. The problem is most companies don't seem to let you order by body style just make and model. Ive never owned a standard falcon but Im pretty sure the wagons got a longer wheelbase. Now Im trying to figure out if the wagon's chassis is the same as a standard falcon or if its more like a ranchero.

So I guess my question is would wagon leaf springs be longer then the standard falcon leafs?

2. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

I recommend Dearborn classics for your springs. The spring size on all the falcon cars was the same ( however, the ranchero had more leafs).

I got mine from Dearborn in 3" dropped 4 leaf configuration. The ride is so smooth.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yes, the wagon and Ranchero use a longer spring than the sedans do. I do have to admit though that the last time I had mine out i didn't compare them to my sedan so I can't give an accurate length on either. The underbody of the wagon is pretty much the same deal as the Ranchero though. Oh, wheel bases are the same sedan to Ranchero to Wagon. Is there something wrong with you leafs that you couldn't just take them to a local spring shop and have them rearched/dearched and/or rebuilt?

4. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

Thanks Louvers. I was pretty sure the leafsprings were longer then sedans. my five leafs are too soft for my liking. I am running 225 tires in the back on vintage 40 wheels and they rub just a little bit when driving with a load. Our shitty california roads dont help either.

I cant really aford the downtime of having them rearched as the wagons the only car I own.

Im thinkin some standard eye 6 leafs would stiffen up the rear and give me a little bit more tire clearance.

also has anybody ordered subframes for a wagon they liked? Im looking for some that contour to the underside of the car so I dont have to cut the floor.