Register now to get rid of these ads!

Missouri hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Keith English, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Keith English

Keith English

So whats the Rod and Custom scene like in Missouri, planning on getting married later this year and will more than likely make our home around the Sedilia, mo area..

2. Keith, I think it's pretty healthy. I do some of both. I live outside of Sedalia. There are even some hambers that live in the area.

3. You 2 Keiths need to get together. The guys at Quality body shop have a good place to hang out also. Keith Daleen is one Hell of a metal worker. Also there are various other places to go in the area. I lived there over 30 years ago and still like to go there to visit with the guys. By the way, it is spelled Sedalia.
    Later,
    Dick

4. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Search for Missouri Hambers thread and it lists all of our usernames and locations! :cool: If you can't find it, pm Atch and he will get you hooked up!

5. Keith English

Keith English

thanks guys..ill look into all this. like i said it will be later on this year before the move. thanks Road kill i wasnt sure on the spelling...lol

6. So what are you planning on doing for work. That's always a little shaky here.

7. Keith English

Keith English

not sure yet, been a factory worker since i was just outta high school, but the last year or so been in the natural gas/oil feild industry.

8. Pro Energy might be a good place to start. I've been hearing bad things about them lately, but I think, hope, it's just talk. Gardner Denver pays the best, but I hated the place, and wouldn't go back unless I had no other options. They want you there 7 days a week. Then there's Hayes. Never worked there. I'm at a small tool and die shop for now. Dean

9. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Do any of you Missouri guys know this car?
    I was told this mild custom 1950 Crestliner is from Missouri and I would like to find out who customized it. It has 51 bumpers and headlght doors. Bumper overriders are removed. The Ford crest has been removed front and rear. The hood was cleaned off, no spear, no hood ornament. The Crestliner script has been removed. The backup lights were taken off. The license surround and latch are gone. In other words, nosed and decked.

The mirrors may help identify it. The license plate bracket was mounted upside down and made the plate hang way down. I put it in the correct position in this picture

It sat under a carport and hadnt been driven in a very long time.The tires had rotted off.

Attached Files:

10. Keith English

Keith English

Yea my fiances family said to check out pro energy to, and thanks for the other info to is there any good junk yards around here to..

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

to get an idea of nearby events check out my current thread: KC Goodguys & Greaserama Sat 9/1 - PICS!!!!

12. I haven't been to a junkyard in the 10 years I've been here. I'm sure some of the other "locals" would know more about them than me.

13. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

Keith you want to watch out for these guys you are talking to they're a bunch of hooligans. ( just kidding all a bunch of good guys really) There are a couple of cruise nights here in town nothing huge but good for a nite of bsing with your buddies,a lot of the guys go to jeff city for the cruise there I go to kc every once in a while for cruises up therecar shows also.(MY family all live in blue springs now) Look me up I'd be glad to show you around and introduce you to some the guys around here.

14. Keith English

Keith English

cool thanks kmc, i might do that after i get my car and myseld there and settled

15. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

No problems man, there are some really cool guys here with some great projects going. Keith's place alone will blow you away. On a side note do-are you going to Ottawa Kansas this weekend, if you are look me up my wife and I don't miss that show.

16. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Theres actually quite a few old schoolers around. We actually make a living working on old cars so it cant be that bad. Living in Missouri you will learn that going out and getting a regular job just isnt an option most of the time, you have to be creative to make a living in this state! Not for the faint of heart.

17. Minor Problem

Minor Problem

Going strong here around the leadbelt and surrounding areas.:D

18. willymakeit

willymakeit

I havent met a lot of Hambers in Springfield. There are a couple of cruise ins? in Springfield and Nixa.